PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Huge News: Redskins trade with Rams, will have #2 pick in draft

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stupid Redskins are stupid.

Wow!!

And they are saying a 2 too. Good lord the Rams hit gold.

Huge haul...but if RG3 pans out it'll be worth it. Better to build around your franchise QB then not have one at all.

Daniel Snyder has never met a draft pick he didn't want to trade away. Maybe he will trade the #2 pick for Carson Palmer. Then he will complete the circle in turning three #1 picks into a washed up former great player.

I honestly can't think of any player I've ever seen in the draft worth that much to me. I wouldn't give up that much for a 24 year old Tom Brady.

we now know the skins are out of the peyton sweepstakes! Damn, rams are set!

Have to see if they're consecutive - also if the Skins sign a big time WR as they've talked about the #1s could be fairly low if RGIII comes through. With Helu and a good defense they could be good. Soon.

Let's also see how another team handles the BB method of loaded draft ammunition.

Have to see if they're consecutive - also if the Skins sign a big time WR as they've talked about the #1s could be fairly low if RGIII comes through. With Helu and a good defense they could be good. Soon.

Or RG3 could be a bust and the Rams got three top ten picks and a top 40 pick for a guy who never played a down in football.

I honestly can't think of any player I've ever seen in the draft worth that much to me. I wouldn't give up that much for a 24 year old Tom Brady.

:confused:

You make that trade every time. The problem here is that RGIII is almost certainly no Tom Brady.

Last edited:
Or RG3 could be a bust and the Rams got three top ten picks and a top 40 pick for a guy who never played a down in football.
Of course he could. But if they get him a WR he has very low bust potential. Personally I think he will be a total stud in the Shanahan offense.

Two firsts and a 2nd to move up four spots?

I'd be PISSED if I were a Redskins fan.

RG3 seems like a perfect fit for Shanny's scheme. However, last time Shanny thought he got a franchise QB, he ended up losing his job.

If Bradford is legitimate, Washington doesn't get ahead of their AFC rivals, and St. Louis can convert on these picks, that Rams team could be scary in a couple of years.

Dan Snyder just had to suffer through two years of watching Rex Grossman as his most productive QB...can't blame him for trying to hit gold with Griffin.

:confused:

You make that trade every time. The problem here is that RGIII is almost certainly no Tom Brady.

Well let's say we lost those picks starting in 2001. We'd be without Seymour, Light, Graham and Warren. If the trade was made in 2002, we'd be without Graham, Branch, Warren and Wilfork. That's some damn good football players that were key parts of our decade of dominance. Brady is one of the best ever but that's a big part of the core gone.

SANCHEZ EXTENDED!?!?

wtf is going on tonite.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots