PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Hue Jackson: "You must allow Ocho to be himself to get the most out of him"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed, dancing in costumes on the sidelines will improve his ability to run the proper route and catch balls.

What the hell does Hue Jackson know? He's blathering from a position of ignorance about how a receiver should fit in this offense with one of the top five QBs who ever played the game.

Right, Hue. The Patriots should adapt to Chad Johnson's lazy routes, inability to identify the defense and lack of understanding what his second cut is supposed to be depending on the defensive alignment.

Hue's got a splendid group of mentors and offensive schemes under his belt to make such ridiculous statements:

NFL head coaches under whom Hue Jackson has served:

Marty Schottenheimer, Washington Redskins (2001)
Steve Spurrier, Washington Redskins (2002–2003)
Marvin Lewis, Cincinnati Bengals (2004–2006)
Bobby Petrino, Atlanta Falcons (2007)
Emmitt Thomas (Interim), Atlanta Falcons (2007)
John Harbaugh, Baltimore Ravens (2008–2009)
Tom Cable, Oakland Raiders (2010)

Get lost, Hue.

Hue's assuming that Chad is "not being allowed" to be himself. That's a pretty big reach considering Hue is not in the locker room. Based on everything I've seen, it's Chad's own choice not to be himself.

I have been trying to figure out how a WR could have the worst year of their career their first year playing with Tom Brady. The only thing that makes sense to me is Chad is not allowed to be himself or freelance out on the field like he did in Cinncinati. He played most of his career with Palmer and they knew each other well. He just doesn't have the same chemistry with Brady and is having trouble sticking to the play book.

I take Belichick's 5 rings over Hue's 2 wins.

So much gnashing of teeth about a player just 3 games into the season. I hate NE sports fans.

"they hate their coach!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!....

I have been trying to figure out how a WR could have the worst year of their career their first year playing with Tom Brady. The only thing that makes sense to me is Chad is not allowed to be himself or freelance out on the field like he did in Cinncinati. He played most of his career with Palmer and they knew each other well. He just doesn't have the same chemistry with Brady and is having trouble sticking to the play book.

Because this is a disciplined complex system that requires as much focus and intelligence and instinct as talent. We don't freelance. Teams that do are wildly inconsistent and seldom win enough games to matter. He and Palmer never liked each other, either, because one was always screwing the pooch for the other and neither one had an iota of accountability. That's what happens on teams predicated on freelancing. They're erratic and become dynfunctional losers. If he develops anything bordering the same chemistry with Brady he will be history here... Tom knows the system inside out and can execute it to near perfection consistently. It is the WR's or TE's job here to be capable of doing whatever it takes to match Tom's level of performance excellence consistently. Otherwise you are essentially useless to him and the team he leads.

What does Ocho need to do to be himself? Write checks his mouth can't cash, tell everyone how many TDs hes gonna score? Dance on the field?

I don't know Ocho's past in any great detail just that he slacked off a year but he also had an injury that year. Not sure if he's known as a clutch receiver either(big game clutch).

playoffs 2005 5rec 59ydrs 0tds, 2009 2rec 28yrds 0tds.

I know he's a hard worker and has been a productive WR, not sure what the problem is here. :confused:

GL Ocho!!!

Go Pats!!!

Fat lot of good it did Cincy for Hue to allow Chad to become Ocho... In his time as WR's coach the Bungles were 27-21 in the regular season and 0-1 in their lone wildcard playoff appearance. Hue doesn't know that hereabouts that would be considered a disasterous three year stretch that no meaningless individual stats amassed could mitigate.

One of the things I love most about Bill is despite being a first ballot lock for the HOF he never has the audacity to tell the mediots how his wannabe peers could better manage their teams...

If Chad wants to be himself run good routes, create separation, catch touchdown passes then celebrate it.

Fat lot of good it did Cincy for Hue to allow Chad to become Ocho... In his time as WR's coach the Bungles were 27-21 in the regular season and 0-1 in their lone wildcard playoff appearance. Hue doesn't know that hereabouts that would be considered a disasterous three year stretch that no meaningless individual stats amassed could mitigate.

One of the things I love most about Bill is despite being a first ballot lock for the HOF he never has the audacity to tell the mediots how his wannabe peers could better manage their teams...

The fact is Chad Johnson had his best season ever with Hue jackson his wr coach. So if the man tells your doing it all wrong with Chad johnson. I would lisaten- the man a offensive genius.

Last edited:
The fact is Chad Johnson had his best season ever with Hue jackson his wr coach. So if the man tells your doing it all wrong with Chad johnson. I would lisaten- the man a offensive genius.

And what do Hue or Cincy have to show for his approach... See...that's not the way it works here for good reason. We have a system and a level of success within it predicated on not changing core principles to accommodate whatever individual talent comes along, let alone on it's personal back nine. Rather we require that the individual talent have the capacity to adapt to fit it. That's the foundation of the level of continuity of success that teams Hue coached can only dream of achieving...

And what do Hue or Cincy have to show for his approach... See...that's not the way it works here for good reason. We have a system and a level of success within it predicated on not changing core principles to accommodate whatever individual talent comes along, let alone on it's personal back nine. Rather we require that the individual talent have the capacity to adapt to fit it. That's the foundation of the level of continuity of success that teams Hue coached can only dream of achieving...

How is that relevant. Chad Johnson, carson Palmer and the offense weren't the reason those Bengals team lost. There defense was really bad.why The Patriots haven't advanced despite having a great offense in the playoffs the last couple years)

Chad Johnson had his best season with Hue Jackson his wr coach. So if anyone knows the best way to get the most out of chad Johnson its Hue Jackson. That what were discussing getting the best out of Chad Johnson. Not why the Bengals stink because they have very cheap ownership.

Now what does hUe got to show for his approach. Lets see as raiders OC(ran the whole show on offense ) he took one of the worst offense ever assembled (31 or 32) he transformed that offense unit to a top ten in almost every important offense catergory. Raiders have so many injuries on offense and it hasn't matter one bit to Hue Jackson. He outcoached Rex Ryan and he might do the same to Bellichik this week.

BTw- this is a new generation of players that old style(coaching) of doing things don't worth anymore. Give me the rex ryan and Hue Jackson who make it fun for their players and players would give their right arm for. They don't want to let there coach down.

Last edited:
How is that relevant. Chad Johnson, carson Palmer and the offense weren't the reason those Bengals team lost. There defense was really bad.why The Patriots haven't advanced despite having a great offense in the playoffs the last couple years)

Chad Johnson had his best season with Hue Jackson his wr coach. So if anyone knows the best way to get the most out of chad Johnson its Hue Jackson. That what were discussing getting the best out of Chad Johnson. Not why the Bengals stink because they have very cheap ownership.

palmer to Ocho playoffs 05 4rec 59yds 0tds procuctive tag team

they look like woodhead numbers:rolleyes:

Sweet, you pick one game to judge a season on. Now that's what I call internet posting.

You gotta give them a break... Carson was knocked out of that game and Chad had a halftime second half meltdown...which Hue could attest to but he's always tried to deny it happened even though he was the guy getting swung on...

Chad and Hue approach fans don't grasp the fact that teams and not individual catered to individual talents win championships...and how could they...:eek:

Last edited:

No,more like Randy Moss average playoff numbers

The only Prima Donna WR in this decade to do really anything noteworthy in a playoff game was Terrell Owens who almost on one good leg gave the eagles a chance to beat the Pats in SB 39

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back