Welcome to PatsFans.com

Huckabee seems a little nutty

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Patters, Dec 10, 2007.

1. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +169 / 4 / -4

http://www.ardemgaz.com/prev/jonesboro/afhuckabee08.asp

"The reason we have so much government is because we have so much broken humanity," he said. "And the reason we have so much broken humanity is because sin reigns in the hearts and lives of human beings instead of the Savior."

With that kind of talk about the Savior, he won't be president of all the people.

"I'm often asked why taxes are so high and government is so big. It's because the faith we have in local churches has become so small. If we'd been doing what we should have -- giving a dime from every dollar to help the widows, the orphans and the poor -- we now wouldn't be giving nearly 50 cents of every dollar to a government that's doing ... what we should have been doing all along."

In other words, for only 10 cents on the dollar, the church can take care of the elderly, the poor and their children, the disabled, the vets, etc.

"I didn't get into politics because I thought government had a better answer. I got into politics because I knew government didn't have the real answers, that the real answers lie in accepting Jesus Christ into our lives."

Very scary.
  2. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +320 / 4 / -2

He's actually right. Of course, anyone who believes in the welfare state, and hates religion, wouldn't think so. The bottom line is that private charity is far more efficient, and results oriented than the big government, high waste, 40 cents on the dollar, dependency growing government system. I understand why we have government assistance programs, and were i in power I wouldn't abolish them. What I would do though is shrink their size considerably. To me, assistance should go to those who truly cannot help themselves. Instead, what we have now, is a system that merely redsitributes money to those who don't have as much.

“We’re going to keep on praising together. I am confident that we can create a Kingdom right here on Earth.”
    –Barack Obama speaking to a church

Why is it that when a candidate from the right speaks about God, or religion, people cringe, yet when one of the favorites on the other side speaks faithfully, it's ignored. Is there anything wrong with what Obama said? To me, he's speaking of the goodness that religion, and faith, bestows upon people. What's wrong with that?
  3. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

All I know is that if you're agin' him, Patters, he *must* be a Godly good candidate!!

:D

//
  4. Patters

Ratings:
    +169 / 4 / -4

I don't hate religion. Quit making things up like that. Religion has played and continues to play a vital and mostly good role in our world.

I'm not against shrinking them, though I'd prefer more money for the truly needy. I think it's trickier than you think to get rid of fraud, and fraud exists wherever you look: churches, corporations, government, etc. But, at least it's easier to expose fraud in government because of public records laws.

There's nothing wrong with what either man said, except that Huckabee actually tied his policies to us embracing Jesus and letting the churches take care of the needy. That's my issue with what he said.
  5. Real World

Ratings:
    +320 / 4 / -2

There's nothing wrong with what either man said, except that Huckabee is a Republican, and Obama is a Democrat. That's my issue with what he said.

There, I corrected your post for you.
  6. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +367 / 1 / -9

He sounds like Martin Luther King and Jimmy Carter.

:bricks:
  7. Lifer

Lifer Banned

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0

Go listen to speeches by Roosevelt, Truman, Eisenhower, Kennedy, LBJ, they ALL spoke of relying on God.

remember LBJ's first speech....."I ask for your help. And God's"

the man would be impeached if he said that today.

Huckabee is right, if all Christians gave 10% of their income, that right there would be enough to feed the poor, and all the non-Christians wouldnt have to have any taxes to pay. Bet you like that idea now? :)

hey, Patters I agree in a way, i disagree with my mostly white Christian conservatives on economic matters. Jesus taught to not store up your wealth in the world, but to store your treasures in the kingdom of God, that it would be easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to go to Heaven, because we cant serve two masters.

thats why i tend to vote like most black Christians and go Democrat although im Pro-Life. But on health care, education, war policy, capital punishment, and the economy i dont see why so many of my Christian brothers go Republican. JFK was Pro-Life. RFK was Pro-Life.Hubert Humphrey. thats the kind of Democrat I am.

I heard a VERY interesting thing during a film about RFK recently, that had he lived, the Democratic party would NEVER have gone Pro-choice the way it did as far as it did. He never would have allowed it.
  8. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +620 / 4 / -12

#87 Jersey

With a name like Huckabee wtf do people expect?
  9. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Beware Climate Change.

//
  10. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +197 / 7 / -23

The problem with this is that if it the country relies on private charity then perceived needs may be the focus, supposed that of this 10%, 90% is dedicated towards teen age chastity.. then what happens to the rest of the needs.. I am not in favor of all that the fed gov't does, but they seem to spread out money across a broad range dictated by the special interests of congress.
  11. Patters

Ratings:
    +169 / 4 / -4

You're being a bit unfair, after spending 90% on teenage chastity, there would still be a good amount of money to cure gays, pray for the sick, and build beautiful churches.
  12. Real World

Ratings:
    +320 / 4 / -2

Yeah, you guys are right. Afterall, all of the money people donate in this country is by overly religious people, and only goes to those causes you've mentioned. :rolleyes:
  13. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

if goofy Mike Huckabee becomes our next president, i promise to sing "Let the Eaaaaagle Soar" at the top of my lungs, and save it here as a .mp3 file for all to enjoy.... that's how certain i am that Fog's "number 1" has about the same chance as the Jets this week...

i just heard unabashed righty shill Sean Hannity admit on his radio show that his sources confirm that the DNC has dirt on Fog's "number 1" that makes the convicted rapist's release pale in comparison.... but that they've shown restraint in releasing it because they view Huckabee as the easiest kill come next november, and want him to keep climbing...

barring the next round of voter fraud and supression, this election is over...
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2007
  14. Real World

Ratings:
    +320 / 4 / -2

He's got no shot IMO, but somebody in this race of retards has to win. Huckabee winning Iowa only helps Giuliani, as it means a likely split between it, and NH, thus eliminating any sling shot scenario that Fraud Romney was hoping for. Once Huckabee takes Iowa, the Giuliani campaign will attack him with whatever dirt the Dems are holding. Rudy is way ahead in the Feb. 5th states, and he just needs to make sure no one competitor sweeps the causcus' until then. In the end it will be Rudy vs. Hillary, and America will be dumber for it.
  15. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

I do not care for Huckabee's slam at Romney's religion, saying the Mormons believe that Jesus and the devil are "brothers". Very cheap and sleazy. Disgusting pandering.

Romney's back on top for me.

Go Mitt!!

//
  16. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

What will you sing if your guy, Ron Paul, wins?? Oh, nevermind. That happening is less than unlikely.

Why can't you just take the best possible available and work with it?? Why do you demand things always be YOUR way?? That's so immature. You and Roger Williams would have been great together, except Roger couldn't get along with ANYbody (except the Narragansetts, when all his English friends had given up on him).

Other than that, good post, PC!!

:singing:

//
  17. Lifer

Lifer Banned

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0

I just heard about that this morning but if Huckabee said that i am very disappointed in him, and as a fellow Christian it would infuriate me he would say such a stupid and hateful thing.
  18. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

2 weeks ago no one was discussing Mike Huckabee... then he has a good showing in some poll, so all his dirty laundry is coming out... that's simply how politics works these day... but we're learning this guy has about 2 dozen Willie Horton's on his resume... so I think his 15 minutes of fame are winding down...
  19. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

I think he can make amends, and expect he will. I don't believe it is a disqualifier, but I will certainly hold him to the standard of religious tolerance that he expects to receive for his faith. The evangelical Christian bloc is not going to be enough to win the presidency. Ask George Bush 41 about 1992.

//
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2007