Welcome to PatsFans.com

Huckabee kicking up

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Fogbuster, Dec 11, 2007.

1. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Onward and upward, Mike Huckabee is climbing fast. Now in a statistical dead heat with Rudy Giuliani, Huckabee is gaining momentum. He seems relaxed yet focused on the issues that need attention, and he seems to have the needed resolve to make good things happen. Could be interesting.

[size=+1] DES MOINES, Iowa (CNN) -- Mike Huckabee's dramatic jump in the polls is going nationwide. The former Arkansas governor is in a virtual tie with Republican presidential front-runner Rudy Giuliani in a CNN/Opinion Research Corporation national poll out Monday.

Mike Huckabee is now the front-runner in the polls in Iowa.

Giuliani, the former New York City mayor, is backed by 24 percent of Republican voters nationally while Huckabee, the former governor of Arkansas, is at 22 percent.

The two-point difference is well within the survey's sampling error of plus or minus 5 percentage points.

Former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney is at 16 percent in the new poll, followed by Sen. John McCain of Arizona at 12 percent, Former Sen. Fred Thompson of Tennessee at 10 percent, Rep. Ron Paul of Texas at 6 percent, Rep. Duncan Hunter of California at 2 percent and Rep. Tom Tancredo of Colorado at 1 percent.[/size]

http://www.cnn.com/2007/POLITICS/12/10/cnn.poll/index.html

//
  2. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +173 / 5 / -21

From that very right wing blog, Townhall...

http://www.townhall.com/columnists/...huckabee_--_the_ultimate_liberal_plant?page=1

If Huckabee is using God as a “gimmick,” this is not the first time. Should any voter care to see it, one only has to type “Huckabee – God – 2004 Republican Governors Association” into the search engine of their choice and see Huckabee – long before Rudy – take an “unexpected” phone call at the podium. His call was from “God,” and in the world of Mike Huckabee, “God” was reduced to a partisan hack.

There are many people in and out of government – myself included – who honestly believe that the 2008 presidential election will be the most important of our lifetimes. Terrorism, illegal immigration and energy dependence on hostile foreign nations, being just a few of the reasons why.

The liberals are desperate to take the White House back and desperate to start their global “The United States is evil” appeasement campaign. Many of these same liberals think Huckabee would make an outstanding Republican nominee.

Why?
  3. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +290 / 4 / -2

I keep hearing about how Huckabee is very appealing to a fair amount of people on the left. I'm not sure if that's because he's the person they want to face, or if it's because they genuinely like him and his policies. He's been described as a "compassionate" conservative. He's been criticized for being too liberal by lots of people on the right. The only thing I know is that this election will be one of the craziest ever. In the end, or at least as of right now, I still think the most likely match up is Giuliani versus Clinton. People simply end up voting for the standard candidates when it's all said and done, and right now, those are the two from both sides. That could change though.