Welcome to PatsFans.com

Huckabee Just Lost Me

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by scout, Jan 15, 2008.

1. scout

scout Rookie

Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -2

#15 Jersey

I've been thinking that nearly all the contenders for the Presidency may not be the perfect candidates, but at least they all are light years better then what we presently have. I was a little concerned with Huckabee's belief in creationism, but did not think his beliefs would alter his decisions if elected...............think again. Huckabee speaking about christian values to a group in Michigan elaborated on his belief that the constitution needs to be amended. He stated it would be a lot easier to change the constitution then to change the word of the living God, and that's what we need to do, amend the constitution so its in Gods standards rather then try to change God's standards.
    Nice run Mike, pick your consolation prizes up at the door. Oh and Mike, next time, maybe you should wait to your in the deep south to pull that sheet. The constitution is not just a piece of paper and has worked rather well in this countries history. We do not need to change the constitution for some one's political agenda.
  2. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

a little late to the demise of Huckabee party... but, nonetheless, welcome aboard...

rule to live by: any time a candidate raises his hand saying he doesn't believe in evolution, you can bet a week's pay he's gonna make christian values decisions in office... you'd be doubling your money with ease... three of them raised their hand, and three of them are all but done... Tancredo? take care... Brownback? thanks for playing... Huckabee? not unless you have pictures of McCain and Romney with a goat...
  3. scout

scout Rookie

Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -2

#15 Jersey

I was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. My in-laws are from Arkansas (die-hard Democrats) and they did not canonize him when I asked them what they thought about him and his performance in their state. He sure is toast now.
  4. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

people here hate Romney for saying whatever is needed to get elected? here's Huckabee doing precisely the same:

-------------
    Today on the stump in South Carolina, Mike Huckabee said “we ought to put a hiatus on people who come here and give them permits if they come from countries that sponsor and harbor terrorists.”

This is just the latest instance of Huckabee’s pandering to the right wing over immigration. As Arkansas Governor, Huckabee favored scholarships to public colleges for undocumented immigrants who did well in high school. But in his campaign, Huckabee has adopted a right-wing think tank’s immigration plan that calls for sending all 12 million illegal immigrations home within 120 days.

Hotline reports, “The Huckabee edict, let’s call it, would forbid entry to folks from Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan and Syria, the five nations listed on the Secretary of State’s watch list.” Chip Saltzman, Huckabee’s campaign manager, defended the Governor’s stance as an attempt to “make sure the bad guys don’t get in.” Watch it:

But now, the Huckabee team has “rapidly backtracked from the governor’s earlier comment that he would impose a ‘hiatus’ on immigration from nations that harbor terrorists.” Huckabee adviser and former Fox News pundit Jim Pinkerton explained, “‘Hiatus’ is synonym for thorough review. We are not making policy on the stump in Rock Hill, S.C.”

by the way, as the second blogger responded: none of the alledged 9/11 attackers came from any of the countries he mentioned...
  5. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +614 / 4 / -12

#87 Jersey

Huckabee never had me ... anyone who wears their religion on their shirtsleeve does not have me. I admire people of faith ... the real people of faith (other than priests, preachers etc...) don't need to use their faith to achieve their goals.

Aside from a personal viewpoint I believe the diversity of religions in this country is such that using religion to get elected is a recipe for disaster. Being a politician does not mean having to abandon one's faith. If you don't need to abandon it then why feel a need to preach it unless you are looking for converts and that doesn't meet the moral criteria of seperation of church and state. IMO of course.
  6. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

I remember when the moderator at the rep debate asked all those who don't believe in evolution raise their hands. When the three non-thinkers did, I thought the mod was going to say, "Alright, you three have to leave the stage. This is only for serious candidates."
  7. Terry Glenn is a cowgirl

Terry Glenn is a cowgirl Banned

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

buckabee is a neocon puppet and is/was the pastor of Slick Willie's church in Little Rock.

2 peas in a pod.

Like I said in the past... the 2 parties ARE working hand in hand for the same purpose.
  8. mtbykr

mtbykr Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

I can't believe I'm going to do this, but I'm going to defend the Huckster. Now let me preface this by saying I am not going to vote for him, and support him in no way. This topic was brought up tonight on TV, however when you put it in context it's OK.

He simply said that it's easier to amend the constitution then to amend God's word. He did not say he wants to amend the constitution, only that it can be amended whereas God's word can't.....that's his belief. That was the clarification tonight...now back to your regularly scheduled programming
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2008
  9. Terry Glenn is a cowgirl

Terry Glenn is a cowgirl Banned

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

CFR ringer...
  10. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

... God looks on, can only shake His head. "How easily duped my children have become", He sighs.

Newsflash: There is MORE than one way to view "creationism" than the literalist interpretation of the Genesis account!!!

For example, here's another quote from scripture that CONTRADICTS the literal six-day account of creation: "A day is like a thousand years, a thousand years is like a day." Think about it.

Just because it's ridiculous to say that the creation occurred in literal "six days" does not mean that God is not the Creator!!! Hello!! God created; we are just getting up to speed on HOW God did that. One thing is certain: the laws that exist in the universe are uniform, unchanging, eternal, and absolute. The universe is NOT an accident; and it is NOT ruled by chaos! There is the hand of God in all creation, there to see for anyone who dares look.

Darwinism's assertion that all is an "accident" is bunk. The biggest lie ever perpetrated on humankind, ever. The devil's trump card: deny himself by denying God, just so he can continue doing his evil deeds under the cover of darkness. :nono:

God is alive. He is NOT dead.

//
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2008
  11. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +196 / 7 / -23

For those who care, I am being good...
  12. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

the strawmanning continues, unabaided if not for some of us...

hey Fog... no one said God doesn't exist... why couldn't God have simply let us evolve? even from primates...

6 days equals 6 thousand years? ... laughable...

try 6 billion years... doesn't mean God didn't have a hand in it every step of the way... yet, you're sitting here suggesting we're all done in by the devil because we don't adhere to the same timeline and process as you... why do you constantly do that?
  13. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

No, you miss the point: "a day like a thousand years" is to say that a day could be ten thousand, a hundred thousand, even a billion or more. The point is: it is all symbolic. "Six days" is exactly what science says are the "six (or so) time periods" of earth's development. So I am NOT saying a day is like a literal thousand years; I am saying a day is like a period of time, a period of varying length. The one constant is that each time period does have a beginning and an end based upon functional events: planets formed; water and land formed; simplest life formed; vegetation formed; animals formed; humans formed. From the simpler to the more complex, life has been created to fulfill God's ideal, an ideal which is completed by the creation of His children, humankind.

//
  14. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Good for you!! :D

But, if you have an issue with anything I said, please feel free.

//
  15. jack

jack Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I thought you said you don't preach your religion in the political forum?
  16. 363839

363839 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Actually PressCoverage, there are people who say God doesn't exist.
    Dawkins and Harris come quickly to mind.
    Unless of course, you meant on this forum.

As to the creation timeline....I don't even know how you measure a day if there is no earth to make a full revolution.:eek: :D
  17. scout

scout Rookie

Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -2

#15 Jersey

"[some of my opponents] do not want to change the constitution, but I believe its a lot easier to change the constitution then it would be to change the word of God, and that's what we need to do is amend the constitution so its in God's standards rather then try to change God's standards."

The part in which he states "and that's what we need to do is amend the constitution" leads me to believe he is voicing more then opinion.
  18. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

I can't look!
    [​IMG]
  19. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

Er....um....*ahem*...I think I may have.:cool:
  20. Fogbuster