Welcome to PatsFans.com

Huckabee jokes about Obama ducking gunman

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Holy Diver, May 16, 2008.

1. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

joked that an unexpected offstage noise was Democrat Barack Obama looking to avoid a gunman," CNN Associate Political Editor Rebecca Sinderbrand reports at the cable network's Political Ticker.

"That was Barack Obama, he just tripped off a chair, he's getting ready to speak," said the former Arkansas governor, to audience laughter. "Somebody aimed a gun at him and he dove for the floor."

CBS News also reported on Huckabee's quip, and notes that "McCain, who's scheduled to speak at 4:30pm ET, is expected to take aim at Obama as well."

"Earlier in the day, at a town hall meeting in Watertown, S.D., Obama said he supports the Second Amendment," CBS' report continued.

real funny, Mike.....

http://rawstory.com/news/2008/Huckabee_jokes_about_Obama_ducking_gunman_0516.html
  2. scout

scout Rookie

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -2

#15 Jersey

Replace Obama's name with that of Clinton, Kerry, Gore, etc, and tell me if it has the same punchline.
  3. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

I believe its a crime to even saye something along the lines of that about a president....

isn't it?
  4. Wildo7

Wildo7 Totally Full of It

Ratings:
    +39 / 2 / -0

I don't even get it. He's saying that Obama is an assasination risk because what? Why is that funny? I seriously don't get it.
  5. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

Its even more odd that he praises gun owners for knowing right from wrong....then turns after a sound is mad ebackstage, and makes a comment about having rifles pointed at the head of Obama....kinda strange, and quite bizarro?
  6. otis p. driftwood

otis p. driftwood Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Who the hell knows. It's friggin Huckabee. Almost everthing he says is either stupid, ignorant or just plain offensive. And I don't mean offensive in a good way either.

Apologies to anyone here who supported him...but cripes that man's a menace.

Not to mention a cheap, cheesy two bit Arkansas crook. When he and his wife moved into the govenors mansion they wanted to upgrade their furnishings, and there were a lot of people who wanted to *cough* loan them things...but state laws prohibit it...so they went through the spectacle of re-taking their vows for their anniversary, and they registered at high end places...because the law says you can't just give the govenor stuff, but you can if it's a wedding present.

Not that that story has anything to do with the OP, I just hate Huckabee.
  7. weswelker#83

weswelker#83 Rookie

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

Good thing there's a video.Stay classy, Huck.
  8. otis p. driftwood

otis p. driftwood Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

I don't think it's possible for him. "Christian" or not.
  9. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +501 / 6 / -2

I saw the clip, and before people start lobbing accusations of racism out there, cuz we know everyone is thinking it, the joke had nothing to do with race. They were speaking to an NRA. Huckabee was at the podium, and there was some noise, and he adlibbed a joke about it being Obama ducking cuz someone had a gun. NRA, baning noise, gun, Obama ducking for cover = Huckabee saying BO is afraid of guns, or maybe his saying he's a wuss. When you see it, as opposed to reading it, the proper context is easy to identify. Sadly, it's looking more and more like you won't be able to say anything at all, without everyone making it Obama, and/or race related. That's really not a good thing.
  10. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

it was a stupid thing to say... and it comes from another ignorant christie... i don't care how "light" it was phrased...

there's already been a bevy of threads about the risks Obama will face due to the profound racism that still exists in this country... then there was the outrage over the no screening at his speech in Dallas...

McCain's "frontrunner" should have known better. ... they increasingly appear like two crackers in the same pod...

and that's not a good thing...
    Last edited: May 17, 2008
  11. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +358 / 11 / -27

Read somewhere that he apologized for his insensitivity, lets see now he apologized about his comments on Mormom's and Catholics.. this guy toats the Christian agenda, but acts like a hypocrite..

From the NY daily news the audience didn't think it was funny.. these christian bible toting politicians should not quit their day jobs..

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/pol...mike_huckabees_joke_about_barack_obama_m.html

Even a friendly National Rifle Association audience seemed stunned Friday after the former presidential candidate cracked a tasteless joke about a gun aimed at Barack Obama.

Huckabee, a Republican and former Arkansas governor, was addressing the gun group's convention in Louisville, Ky., when a loud crash was heard off stage.

"That was Barack Obama," Huckabee ad-libbed. "He just tripped off a chair.... He's getting ready to speak, and somebody aimed a gun at him and he, he dove for the floor."

Most in the audience went silent. A video picks up some muttering and muted laughter following the crude quip about the Democrats' likely nominee.
  12. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

Would this be a good place to start a discussion on "evolution vs. intelligent design"?

I don't think we've done that , have we?
    Last edited: May 17, 2008
  13. scout

scout Rookie

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -2

#15 Jersey

You left out the part while waiting for the Governor's mansion to be restored they brought in a trailor and lived in it. Hey, why go live in a nice condo or house when you can live in a trailor.
  14. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

Where he's from, that IS a nice condo.
  15. otis p. driftwood

otis p. driftwood Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Have I mentioned I hate Huckabee?
  16. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +501 / 6 / -2

Like I was saying...:rolleyes:
  17. otis p. driftwood

otis p. driftwood Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

How in the world can you accuse the country of still having "profound" racism, when a man with a black father and white mother, who looks black and has a muslim sounding name is pretty much the probably nominee of what's arguably the dominant political party?

Or a country where the top earners are people like Oprah, Tiger Woods and Michael Jordan, Bill Cosby, Jay-Z and Denzel Washington? Where guys like Kevin Garnett, David Ortiz and Vince Wilfork are idolized in the city of Boston?

I'm not saying there isn't racism in the country--but "profound"? I don't agree at all.
  18. scout

scout Rookie

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -2

#15 Jersey

I think its profound in certain areas. Until this last week, I wouldn't have put West Virginia ahead of some southern states, but after further review (with apologies to some residents) what a dumb asss state. I'm thinking that, its not a location where people move to relocate and thus, the population is stagnant and remains a number of decades behind.
  19. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +648 / 2 / -9

Why, because they didn't faint and go along with the crowd and slobber all over the politically correct diversity "poster boy".

Racism is alive, profound and well right in The Black Community, they turned their backs on the White Family They Touted As Family (Clintons) stabbed them in the back and raced to the side of Obama, simply because of the color of his skin, That Is Called "Racism".

The whole country knows that Gereldine Ferarro was right on the money but none of the cowardly phony's will come out and say it, they would be crucified.

Pressy is right, profound racism is alive in America, in The Black America.
  20. otis p. driftwood

otis p. driftwood Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Well...yeah. I'll give you that, and I think your analysis is pretty good as well.

Not simply because they didn't (as Harry puts it) tingle and slobber all over Obama though. They went for the white woman, when they could've just stayed home.