Welcome to PatsFans.com

HS Coach forced to resign because he had a child out of wedlock..

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by DarrylS, Apr 5, 2006.

1. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +243 / 9 / -26

News from the Bizarro Catholic world, here is a kid who got a girl pregnant, chose not to go the termination route, tried to be a good dad, but lost his job as a coach because of a "morality clause". What would have happened if he and the girl decided to terminate the pregnancy? I was a devout catholic once, but stuff like this made me think about it...

http://www.turnto10.com/news/8474136/detail.html

Coach Says He's Being Punished For Being A Dad
    McCoy Says He's Satisfied With His Decision

A high school coach said he was forced to resign after it was discovered that he fathered a child while he was single.

Rob McCoy was the football coach at Bishop Feehan High School, where he had also been a teacher. McCoy said while he was happy to be a father, it was news he couldn't share immediately with the school he worked for.

"It's hard to hide, arguably, the greatest thing that ever happened to me in my life," he said.

His child, Jaeline, is 2 months old, and McCoy was told that nothing could be done about the decision. McCoy said it was because of a morality clause consistent with the teachings of the Roman Catholic Church.
  2. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

There's apparently nothing legally wrong with what the school did - especially with the contract language in there. It would be interesting if the school put language into the Roman Catholic "morality clause" (LMFAO!) that was specific enoug to cover adherence to all tenets and beliefs of the RCC. All the teachers at this school must be crapping their pants right about now.
    "Did I eat meat on Friday?"
    "Did I ever use birth control?"
    "Did I ever refuse a priest who wanted to fondle me?"

This is the same crap that turned me off to "organized religion".