PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Hoyer - How Long Does He Stay as a backup?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rich & Adam are lying their asses off.

It took Manning that long to fully adapt, and even longer to totally master it and get over his personal hump on reading complex defenses. I think they're being optimistic.

For a lot of PATS fans have the same attitude towards Hoyer that they have towards Green Ellis. Not a guy with a big school college pedigree, so they want someone else. I don't. The man has potential and I'd like him to continue to back Brady up. However shouldn't he get a shot to play somewhere? That said, I hope we keep him, I like him and he can play for sure.

I'm very fond of Hoyer, I'd much prefer to trade mallett for look and hang on to Hoyer for another few years.

For a lot of PATS fans have the same attitude towards Hoyer that they have towards Green Ellis. Not a guy with a big school college pedigree, so they want someone else.

:confused: After a long thread in which fans rave about Hoyer and even think he'd have trade value to a team in need of a starter, you conclude people are undervaluing him? And based on his draft status?

Wes Welker, Kyle Arrington, Dane Fletcher, Danny Woodhead, Kyle Love...this team is loaded with talented guys who were once UDFAs. Seems to me that after the first season or or two it hardly enters into fans' thoughts.

For a lot of PATS fans have the same attitude towards Hoyer that they have towards Green Ellis. Not a guy with a big school college pedigree, so they want someone else. I don't. The man has potential and I'd like him to continue to back Brady up. However shouldn't he get a shot to play somewhere? That said, I hope we keep him, I like him and he can play for sure.

As I've said before, the Pats franchising and trading Cassel was the #2 option. But freezing Matt Cassel in carbonite wasn't an option. :( ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back