PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

How're the former Celtics doing with Minnesota?

JoeSixPat

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
I've not been following them - and if anyone can elaborate feel free to do so but my quick look at the stats sheet shows Al Jefferson averaging 37 minutes with 19 points and 11 rebounds per game.

Now I know that's short of Garnett's numbers - and Garnett's intangibles are through the roof in terms of his leadership and helping other guys get better - but that's not bad! I'm glad for Al and I still think this is going to be a good trade for both teams.

McHale and Ainge both had to decide which direction they were going to go - and frankly Ainge had NO choice in the matter - but rather than keep Garnett at an outrageously high salary for a team that would likely STILL be 1-6 with Garnett on it, he went young - replaced Garnett with a player who's got 10 years ahead of him, hasn't yet hit his prime and doesn't give up much to Garnett in terms of stats as of now.

Gomes seems like he's doing OK - getting 27 minutes, 10 points and 4 boards - and he's another guy who can probably improve - though I don't think his upside is all that much higher than what we now see

Telfair's been demoted from what I've heard - he's a guy who just never fit into a real NBA position - not a point guard, not quite a shooter...

And Gerald Green's still all about potential as he should really still be a college player

Ratcliff's now injured I think's probably for the best as I think he's a salary dump at the end of the season if I remember correctly... might as well play the younger guys.

So I know the T-Wolves are 1-6 but I'm really not hoping McHale goes down as selling out to help his former team - this really seems like a good move for both teams with the T-Wolves replacing Garnett and ready to build for the future.

I think Al Jefferson will be a 5+ time all star, but his defense still needs a lot of work. This kid is a winner, look at his humbleness when he gave Antoine Walker's number back as well as when he re-signed at below max contract. Gomes, Green, Telfair, blah... who cares we have KG!

I was one of those guys not liking the deal initially, but even before KG suited up I realized that it's always better to have a few elite stars in the NBA.

I've not been following them - and if anyone can elaborate feel free to do so but my quick look at the stats sheet shows Al Jefferson averaging 37 minutes with 19 points and 11 rebounds per game.

Now I know that's short of Garnett's numbers - and Garnett's intangibles are through the roof in terms of his leadership and helping other guys get better - but that's not bad! I'm glad for Al and I still think this is going to be a good trade for both teams.

McHale and Ainge both had to decide which direction they were going to go - and frankly Ainge had NO choice in the matter - but rather than keep Garnett at an outrageously high salary for a team that would likely STILL be 1-6 with Garnett on it, he went young - replaced Garnett with a player who's got 10 years ahead of him, hasn't yet hit his prime and doesn't give up much to Garnett in terms of stats as of now.

Gomes seems like he's doing OK - getting 27 minutes, 10 points and 4 boards - and he's another guy who can probably improve - though I don't think his upside is all that much higher than what we now see

Telfair's been demoted from what I've heard - he's a guy who just never fit into a real NBA position - not a point guard, not quite a shooter...

And Gerald Green's still all about potential as he should really still be a college player

Ratcliff's now injured I think's probably for the best as I think he's a salary dump at the end of the season if I remember correctly... might as well play the younger guys.

So I know the T-Wolves are 1-6 but I'm really not hoping McHale goes down as selling out to help his former team - this really seems like a good move for both teams with the T-Wolves replacing Garnett and ready to build for the future.
the timberwolves also got two first rounders or was it one from the celts in the deal?that's something to keep an eye on going forward .i think 4 or 5 years from now timberwolves fans will like the trade .

the timberwolves also got two first rounders or was it one from the celts in the deal?that's something to keep an eye on going forward .i think 4 or 5 years from now timberwolves fans will like the trade .

It just seems to me that the T-Wolves really had no choice but to re-build, and leveraging their best player is the way to do it.

The Celts actually had the same decision but having been rebuilding for the last 15 plus years, they really only had one choice too.

I liked this trade pretty much from the start - I knew this made us contenders, but we're beyond contenders at this point... we're the favorites.

Being a Wolves fan, I can tell you that they are not doing great.

Al Jefferson has been medicore.

Ryan Gomes has been useless.

Gerald Green is not getting playing time.

Theo Ratliff has been okay.

Bottom line is that Kevin McHale help Danny Ainge AGAIN.

Being a Wolves fan, I can tell you that they are not doing great.

Al Jefferson has been medicore.

Ryan Gomes has been useless.

Gerald Green is not getting playing time.

Theo Ratliff has been okay.

Bottom line is that Kevin McHale help Danny Ainge AGAIN.
now your a wolves fan?:rolleyes:

now your a wolves fan?:rolleyes:

No sh!t eh?

Anyhow, the Wolves got the best deal they could expect to get. The Bulls are too frugle when it comes to trades, and aren't willing to part with a single piece that other reams want, which is Deng. they think an undersized 2 guard in Gordon, and some other mediocre players are what teams should take. Jefferson was the best player offered to the Wolves. He'll be a 20 & 10 guy for 8 years. Remember, Garnett is 31 years old, and will be slowing down real soon.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back