PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Howie Long on Spygate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Screw all of them. Why did it take this long for all the defenders to come out of the woodwork?? Where were they when all this bullsh*t first started?? Of course, they all had to wait for Goodell to say it was OK before they came to the defense of NE and BB.

Sorry, I had a real lousy day at work and at this point, everything pi**es me off.

Screw all of them. Why did it take this long for all the defenders to come out of the woodwork?? Where were they when all this bullsh*t first started?? Of course, they all had to wait for Goodell to say it was OK before they came to the defense of NE and BB.

Sorry, I had a real lousy day at work and at this point, everything pi**es me off.

LOL! Burn off some steam. But, there are some guys - mostly with links to BB - who have defended us all along. I think Howie, in his under-spoken way, has been one of them (I'm pretty sure. At least he has never frothed at the mouth with antipathy on the subject.). Also Parcells, Jimy Johnson, Keyshawn Johnson. I'm sure there are others. The voices of moderation have just been drowned out by the voices of hysteria.

patrick is usually objective but for some reason he has been on the pats case forever. its all to do with BB.wish someone calls him on his show and asks what he has against boston sports in general. always picks against the pats,sox or whoever.

AGREED. Why did it take this long?

It's pretty pathetic that anyone who attempts to rationalize the situation is automatically asked whether or not they are "defending cheating."

This whole goddamn thing is a witch hunt. One big ******* witch hunt

Either that or called a homer!

Anybody have an email for Howie? I'd like to thank him.

D. Patrick Admits EVERY Team Probably Does It

This can be merged with the other Howie Long Post, but I love the way Howie Long beat down Dan Patrick in the interview that was posted. Howie Long said to Patrick, 'if you took every video guy from every team in the league, and asked them if they ever taped an opposing teams sideline just like the Patriots did, what do you think the percentage would be that did?', and Dan Patrick finally admitted that it "would be unanimous". Long said that if the fans of other teams think that the Patriots are the only team to do this then "they are naive".

He said that the league doesn't want this to continue, because with all the other teams having done this exact same thing it would "be opening pandora's box".

He basically outed Dan Patrick as taking his position because he is simply a Patriots' Hater. I mean if Patrick truly feels that this practice is done by every team in the league, than why is he so outraged at those Patriot cheaters?

I always liked Howie Long, but I like him more than ever.

Re: D. Patrick Admits EVERY Team Probably Does It

Patrick showed his hypocrisy in that interview. He begrudgily admitted that other teams cheat, but still seemed more focused on the Patriots and only the Patriots suffering. Also, his argument that cheating is ok in baseball, but wrong in football because of it being different environments and traditions is dumb beyond explanation.

Then every team should lose their #1 pick this year and we get #1 overall. Holier than thou bastards, stealing our #1.

I'm not sure it's outing Patrick as a Patriot-hater, but rather it's outing Patrick as a hyena--just one of the pack, pouncing on the newest story before contemplating the facts.

Unfortunately, there are way too many guys in the media who have this same mentality (thanks ESPN!), so the truth of this witch hunt will never be a widely held belief (and certainly, biased fans of other teams will NEVER accept that other teams have done the exact same thing).

Last edited:

I'm not sure it's outing Patrick as a Patriot-hater, but rather it's outing Patrick as a hyene--just one of the pack, pouncing on the newest story before contemplating the facts.

Unfortunately, there are way too many guys in the media who have this same mentality (thanks ESPN!), so the truth of this witch hunt will never be a widely held belief (and certainly, biased fans of other teams will NEVER accept that other teams have done the exact same thing).

Well Said.

You know, while most of us are sick of this, and want it to go away, the squashing of this and thus of outing all the other teams that do the exact same thing, means we'll be the only fans being abused for it.

I mean, when it came out that Mangini and the Jets had a camera guy taping The Pats sideline during a Pats game, and was thrown out two years ago, there was no follow-up. Mangini simply said, 'we are always given permission to do that', and it went away. I mean, "given permission", and yet they were tossed out of the stadium? Where is the outrage on the Jets cheating?

Walsh was quoted at telling Specter yesterday, that he caught another team filiming our coaches, and even warned Romeo about it, during a certain game. Does anybody think Specter will feign outrage, like he is doing with the Patriots, and demand to know who that other team is?" YEAH RIGHT!

You have to give BB and the Pats alot of credit for one thing, not once did they out anybody else, or give up the goods against even Mangini and the Jets, or the Dolphins for taping Brady's signals two years ago. No squealing, no ratting, no "here's what other teams have done to us". They just took their lumps, and bit their lips. That's hard to do given the beating they are taking. I give them ALOT of credit for that.

I wonder what Howie Long thinks about Desperate Housewives. ;)

It's pretty pathetic that anyone who attempts to rationalize the situation is automatically asked whether or not they are "defending cheating."

This whole goddamn thing is a witch hunt. One big ******* witch hunt

of course, that is what the media does. just like if you say you are not going to vote or obama some will call you a racist, or if you challenge hillary you are a sexist. mind police.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back