PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

HOWE: Patriots LB Ninkovich Could Return Next Week

Ha-hah! And here I was with a resolution this year to increase it - especially on public internet forums like this where I know every member so well. ;)

Your splendid comment in JI (on the Woodhead thread) makes it easy to ignore your other crude comments made under the guise of mocking. :D

This feels like healing!

No offense taken I did qualified it as an amateur observation. Almost all the reporters and analysts had the same fear based on what they saw, now some are saying cautiously optimistic. Does that register on your silly meter? Is this the only week they've watched football? Of course many times it looks worse that it is. A lot of times it is as bad as it looks. We know its probably not season ending but we don't know how effective he can be next week, do we? My only conclusion was i didn't think he be as effective as he usually is. Do you think he will be? If so why? if not then we're in agreement.

I have no idea if he'll be as effective. I generally never give much credence to my "eyeball" test when it comes to injuries and watching in-game stuff. Just been wrong too many times. Obviously, on some occasions (obvious bone breaks and the like) you can tell its serious. Most of the time though, its just too hard to tell.

I'll give you that it did look bad when it happened, but I didn't really give much long term thought to it beyond he was done for the day. Like I said, he may be less effective simply because even with a mild muscle strain in the hip, it might have some lingering effect. Might not too. I'm not particularly worried too much about it. As has been said, we're pretty deep in the line and I have confidence in the group behind him to get the job done. Not that you wanna loss him (or anyone), but of all the positions.... his is one of the few affordable places.

Didn't mean to come off overly critical of your post. It just sounded funny mentioning the "eyeball" test as it relates to injuries, especially on this team. Seems like every year we have 1-2 players that get IR'd after getting a hangnail and then others get crushed, only to get up and job back to the huddle.

shalise manza young ‏@shalisemyoung
big news for #Patriots that Ninkovich is already back at practice...we won't know how limited he is, but his presence is good sign

Nice!

Good news.
Reiss also noted Ninkovich's presence.
Just outside in the shells, but if he is running around, good sign for 10 days from now.

That is truly awesome. Sounds like we are as close to full strength as you can realistically expect in the game of football.

That is truly awesome. Sounds like we are as close to full strength as you can realistically expect in the game of football.

Pretty much full strength as far as 'everyone" being there. Just a lot of key players dinged up. If ever a Pats team needed a bye, this was it.

Eric Scalavino from PFWeekly just reported that Ninko not only showed up to practice, but participated as well. This is what got me excited. The press only got to see the first 15 minutes of practice. Most of that was stretching and jogging stuff, To Scalavino it looked like Ninko was working to stretch his hip while they were doing the jogging excercises they do.

Here is the good part....well sort of good part if you want to extrapolate. The Pats then broke down to individual drills The DE's worked on their pass rush techniques. Now Scalavino didn't see Ninko go and rush the passer, but he did see him get down as the OT, and got into a stance as did the slide step while Scott got the rep.

Granted this was just drills, and I doubt it was even in pads, or full speed. But the fact that after what we saw last Sunday, the very fact that he could get into a stance and move around without a noticeable limp is SPECTACULAR news.

What was once a long shot hope that Ninko might get back for the Superbowl (and not really believing he would), to being pretty sure he'll be full speed for the first playoff game is just amazing,

Ninko is back ....pass it on

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back