PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Howe: Butler missed flight, held out first three weeks of practice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah. So you're just "done with football", but you still continue to post on a football message board. Makes sense.

I never said I was "done with football" either. Don't worry, if you keep trying like a monkey with a typewriter you will eventually either produce an accurate quote of something I've posted or Romeo and Juliet.

I think you nailed it here, the voluntary aspect of OTAs starts and ends with the decision to attend. Once you notify the team of your intent to attend you're expected to be on time and ready to follow the coaches instructions.

Honestly, I have no problem with the punishment. Butler is a young kid who had an unprecedented rise from unknown to the player who arguably made the biggest defensive play in the history of the NFL. It probably did go to his head. I actually would have expected Butler to be out here trying to win an offseason practice award and taking control of a starting CB position so the fact he couldn't even get here on time is disappointing and I am glad Belichick taught him a lesson.

This is just such obvious nonsense. You even said it yourself, "punishment." Of course "voluntary" doesn't mean "come and go as you please." A reasonable, player-neutral policy geared towards the pragmatism of organizing activities would look something like "if you are late you can't jump into that day's activities," not "If you miss the first voluntary OTA you cannot participate for the next week.

One is a punishment, aimed at forcing players to show up for OTAs, which the CBA expressly forbids, and the other is a reasonable approach to trying to get everyone organized. Unless BB can show that it was logistically impractical for Butler to jump in the next 6 days (or whatever it was) after missing the first, then there is no argument here.

This thread is displaying a preponderance of off season boredom and anality. Some members using the topic to keep their game sharp as we await training camp in August. Others might want to relieve some stress by taking prune juice with a cod liver oil chaser.

This thread is displaying a preponderance of off season boredom and anality. Some members using the topic to keep their game sharp as we await training camp in August. Others might want to relieve some stress by taking prune juice with a cod liver oil chaser.
Will do.

I never said I was "done with football" either. Don't worry, if you keep trying like a monkey with a typewriter you will eventually either produce an accurate quote of something I've posted or Romeo and Juliet.

"Mr. Kraft, fight this or I'm done"

Mr. Kraft didn't fight it. Therefore one would assume that you were done. Since this is a football forum then, logically of course, one would assume that you're talking about following football. Either way, it's good to see you back. You add a lot to the discussion.

Mr. Kraft didn't fight it. Therefore one would assume that you were done. Since this is a football forum then, logically of course, one would assume that you're talking about following football. Either way, it's good to see you back. You add a lot to the discussion.

I didn't make that thread title, it was merged with the thread I started.

Hit the bricks, Kontra.

Anyone in the forum who quit should be held out of the forum during training camp. o_O

I didn't make that thread title, it was merged with the thread I started.

Hit the bricks, Kontra.

I know, bud. I'm actually just ****ing with you out of pure boredom. To be serious, what happened with you? I feel like you were always here back in the day then disappeared for a while.

Anyone in the forum who quit should be held out of the forum during training camp. o_O

That might be a blessing, considering how idiotic this place gets during the preseason.

This is just such obvious nonsense. You even said it yourself, "punishment." Of course "voluntary" doesn't mean "come and go as you please." A reasonable, player-neutral policy geared towards the pragmatism of organizing activities would look something like "if you are late you can't jump into that day's activities," not "If you miss the first voluntary OTA you cannot participate for the next week.

One is a punishment, aimed at forcing players to show up for OTAs, which the CBA expressly forbids, and the other is a reasonable approach to trying to get everyone organized. Unless BB can show that it was logistically impractical for Butler to jump in the next 6 days (or whatever it was) after missing the first, then there is no argument here.
I think that Butler could have got to practice on time, hell Spikes left the car running for him and everything.

I am not going to get into the CBA rules that the commissioner doesn't even follow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes