Status
Not open for further replies.

patsinthesnow

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Last edited:
It's Bob Kraft's money so go for the throat

Is it possible Belichick delayed the flight to prove a point?

Serial of course.

Thats harsh but for those of us who travel for business and absolutely need to be somewhere and understand bad weather is coming we either A) make the best of the situation and set up WebEX or B) Fly out the day before.

Last edited:
Well, now we know. It's my assumption then that Bill wasn't counting on Butler as a starter. Maybe he is, but then holding him out of 3 weeks of practice would be pretty detrimental...

lol and because of Kraft we don't have a first round pick next year to potentially barter with to trade for a corner. What a cluster fuc.k the secondary is

Waiting to hear full story, this sounds weirdly strong punishment, and one that could hurt the team. Of course, the "full" story never comes out of Foxboro, so we will never really know. o_O

@MikeGiardi: If you hold Malcolm Butler out for 3 weeks of oTAs just b/c of a missed flight (due to weather!) then I don't know what you're doing

@jeffphowe: Source: Malcolm Butler missed a flight due to weather, was late for first OTA, held out of 3 weeks of practice. Story soon on the blog.

What does "held out of practice mean"?

Does it mean "Butler was holding out"?

Or does it mean "Belichick held him out of practice" (presumably to punish him for being late)?

---

EDITED:

Howe's column is online now -- it was the latter -- Belichick held him out of practice as punishment.

Now after reading all the details, I'm actually breathing a huge sigh of relief. It wasn't a full ban, just a practice ban. It says in the article that he was upset that he was being held out, but is treating it as a lesson learned and has brought a positive attitude.

Thank god.

At least he's not hurt? :)

Sorry, I apologize for being positive on here, I hope I haven't made the negative nancy's mad...

:D

At least he's not hurt? :)

Sorry, I apologize for being positive on here, I hope I haven't made the negative nancy's mad...

:D
Yeah that is my thinking too lol. "At least he's healthy!"

Waiting to hear full story, this sounds weirdly strong punishment, and one that could hurt the team. Of course, the "full" story never comes out of Foxboro, so we will never really know. o_O
Yep...I'll rile up the board and jump to conclusions by saying BB wants to nip, "young player having big-head syndrome based on success" in the bud.

Unless there is more to the story, seems excessively harsh for OTAs

Last edited:
I sure the hell hope that there's more to the story. A 3 week practice ban because a guy's flight, scheduled to have the guy in town a day early, was cancelled due to weather, is ridiculous.

Seems insanely unfair to ban a guy from practice due to an uncontrollable weather delay.

Are we witnessing the Fall Of The Romanatriot Empire..?

Owner acting like Nero, field general forced to camp outside the city gates, leading Patrician senator acting like Crassus, slaves to the games revolting across the empire....is THIS it?

OTA for armchair GMs and coaches - an excellent opportunity for those who know more than BB to begin second guessing him now in order to get into peak condition for the upcoming season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes