PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

How would you feel if the 4th and 2 gamble was in the Super Bowl

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATRIOTSFANINPA

Pro Bowl Player
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Suppose this were the Super Bowl and BB gambled like he did last night and we lost the big game,How would you feel?

Last edited:
Re: How would you feel if the 4th and 2 were in the Super Bowl

Suppose this were the Super Bowl and BB gambled like he did last night and we lost the big game,How would you feel?

Maybe I'm missing a larger point you're trying to make, but, exactly the same as now, except worse. How's that?

Changing the importance of the game doesn't diminish the incoherence of the strategy. If you know you don't trust a 6 point lead and your D, then why even kick the FG earlier. Why also throw on 3rd and 4th down. Also, why not tell your D earlier to just lay down if the conversion failed.

The whole thing is inconsistent/incoherent, the strategy made no sense.

Belichick also completely over-estimates Manning. Manning wasn't scoring at will his last 7 drives. Also, look at Manning's history of comebacks - he has the most of anybody since '98, but it still isn't very good percentage-wise if you look at how many times he's scored a required TD needing 70 yards with only 2 minutes left.

Last edited:

About the same. And I hope Belichick would too. Part of "not choking" is making decisions the same in a big game as a small game. I've come to like the call of going for it on 4th, I just wish we'd run on 3rd down.

Maybe I'm missing a larger point you're trying to make, but, exactly the same as now, except worse. How's that?

Just wondering how people would feel about BB if it happened in the big game compared to now which is not as bad because we have a 2 game lead in the division and can still get a high seed..the SB would be the FINAL chance.

Would people be as quick to forgive him for his moronic decision as is being done today? or hold onto anger much longer into next season?

I think Kraft needs to hit Belichick upside the head while yelling...dont try that sh!t again!!

Anyone else of a lesser man instead of a man with an established resume like Belichick who did this and fans would want him immediately fired,no doubt in my mind that BB and his success in the past is a big reason why fans are not yelling for his head to be severed today.

Last edited:

Personally, I was against the call so I'd be pretty upset for a few hours. But I can't imagine feeling worse than SB42, Game 6 or the "Grady gaffe". Don't know if it can get lower. However...that would have to be #1 on the all-time list of sports disappointements...and factoring in what this team has been through since 2006. Jezz...

To the point, If he did such a thing with so much at stake, I would have to turn my back on BB....Can't believe that I said that.

Last edited:
What if he decided to go for it on 4th and 13 in FG range in a SB...

Honestly, your what if and poll threads like this are a form of spamming.

What if he decided to go for it on 4th and 13 in FG range in a SB...

Honestly, your what if and poll threads like this are a form of spamming.

Then keep your firewalls up and be safe,spam can be dangerous :snob:

Just wondering how people would feel about BB if it happened in the big game compared to now which is not as bad because we have a 2 game lead in the division and can still get a high seed..the SB would be the FINAL chance.

Would people be as quick to forgive him for his moronic decision as is being done today? or hold onto anger much longer into next season?

I think Kraft needs to hit Belichick upside the head while yelling...dont try that sh!t again!!

Anyone else of a lesser man instead of a man with an established resume like Belichick who did this and fans would want him immediately fired,no doubt in my mind that BB and his success in the past is a big reason why fans are not yelling for his head to be severed today.

10 times out of 10 I want our offense to decide the game in the critical moment. That's the same whether we're talking about the regular season, the Super Bowl, or the Tecmo Bowl.

if that were to happen, i might just lose the will to live.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes