Welcome to PatsFans.com

How will the righties respond now to "24" as Janeane Garafalo will be a regular..

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by DarrylS, Aug 22, 2007.

1. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +715 / 20 / -30

How is this gonna work? Janeane Garafalo, obvious lefty, will now be a regular on "24".. how is Rush gonna gush over this crew, will he go to dinner with them again.. this is gonna be a tough change for many, we do not know Sunderland & Crews political leanings, but we do know hers. And Oh my god there gonna have a woman president.. who is a lesbian.. the show will never be the same.. btw I really like "24" except when they loose their way, like they did last season..

http://www.reuters.com/article/entertainmentNews/idUSN2132242620070821

LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - The political left and the political right will join forces on Fox's "24" this coming season. Janeane Garofalo, an outspoken liberal, is set to co-star on the conservative-leaning real-time drama, whose co-creator/executive producer Joel Surnow jokingly describes himself as a "right-wing nut job."

Garofalo will play a government agent who is part of the team investigating the crisis befalling Jack Bauer (Kiefer Sutherland) and company in the upcoming season.

The casting will be good news for former President Clinton, who revealed earlier this year that he was a fan of the show "even though an uber right-wing guy writes it."

Garofalo is the second major cast addition to the action drama, which is going through a major revamping coming off a lackluster sixth season. Cherry Jones was tapped last month to play the new president.

http://www.afterellen.com/People/102004/cherryjones.html

Cherry Jones may not be a household name on the same level as Ellen DeGeneres, but the openly lesbian Tony Award-winning Broadway actress has contributed significantly to gay and lesbian visibility in the U.S. since she first stepped onto the stage in the late 1970s.

The 47-year-old actress's professional life has been punctuated by several gay rights triumphs, most significantly her 1995 Tony Award acceptance speech in which she thanked her longtime partner, Mary O’Connor, an architect. With that speech, Jones became the first openly lesbian actress to win a Tony Award—just one of the reasons GLAAD recently honored Jones with the Vito Russo Award, named after the author of The Celluloid Closet and presented annually to an openly queer entertainer who has furthered the visibility of the GLBT community

Last edited: Aug 22, 2007
  2. STFarmy

STFarmy In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

Most had already started to turn on it anyway, since Sutherland's announcement that they were going to have a more eco-conscious storyline and production next season. I've never followed the show, but next season sounds like a stinker to me. Worry about writing a solid storyline and producing good acting, not inserting an environmental message that we can get from many, many other places.

3. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +990 / 2 / -9

It's The End Of 24
    Down The Drain They Go
    Garafoola And Franken
    Ruin Everything They Touch

4. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Its worse than you think Harry. Its not going to be called 24 anymore. They're gonna switch to Metric time.

5. STFarmy

STFarmy In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

THE METRIC SYSTEM IS FOR PINKOS!

6. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +990 / 2 / -9

It wouldn't surprise me, the Left Loons have been trying to shove that down our throats for years, when I watch the National Geographic or Discovery Channels I push the mute button I don't like listening to all their "Kilometer Sh!t" (what is wrong with the word "mile").

The Loons know that the Sensible, Intelligent, White Christian, Patriotic Neo Con doesn't like the
    Meter & Kilogram crap so they are hell bent on forcing us to use it, the liberal public schools are giving diplomas to dummy's that can't spell their own names how the hell will they teach them to spell "Kilogram"

Cop On Traffic Stop In So Central LA:
    "Have you been drinking"
    "I had a little bit man, ya know what I'm sayin"
    "How much is a little bit"
    "I had about 10 mother f-ckin Kilograms man. ya know waht I'm sayin"
    :bricks:

7. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I think conservatives are so used to Hollywood being dominated by the radical left that we are immune to letting it interfere with our decisions about what shows/movies to watch and not watch.

I don't watch network TV programming but from what I've heard, 24 Jumped the Shark about 2 years ago.

8. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +838 / 7 / -3

I've never watched a single show in my life, and I never plan to.

9. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +715 / 20 / -30

Don't tell Rush....

10. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +838 / 7 / -3

I never listen to Rush and I don't plan to. ;)