PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

How will the patriots find new linebackers?

RayClay

Hall of Fame Poster
Reaction score
I believe the Pats need to get younger and more athletic at linebacker.

It's hard to get young affordable linebackers in free agency.

Is there any other way?

Last edited:
Re: How will the ptriots find new linebackers?

I believe the Pats need to get younger and more athletic at linebacker.

It's hard to get young affordable linebackers in free agency.

Is there any other way?

NFL DRAFT. less than 1 month away

BB doesnt really like drafting LB. He prefers to bring in Free agent linebackers. Vrabel, Colvin, Thomas. The only real LB he has drafted that panned out was Tully Banta-Cain.

BB doesnt really like drafting LB. He prefers to bring in Free agent linebackers. Vrabel, Colvin, Thomas. The only real LB he has drafted that panned out was Tully Banta-Cain.

Thomas is almost thirty. There must be some way of acquiring players at a reasonable price before they hit 30.

It's just statistics. We have to get younger.

If only there were a way..........

sounds familiar to last year: BB doesnt draft RBs..what happened?

I think it involves the Colts signing Rick Demulling somehow....

He must truly be an important person to the Patriots.

He's been on the front page 2 or 3 days.:p

He must truly be an important person to the Patriots.

He's been on the front page 2 or 3 days.:p

Tread carefully. You wouldn't want to be relocated against your will, or erased.

This is the year the Pats will draft linebackers as high as the first round. The Colts exposed the Pats weakness in coverage and lack of overall speed in the AFCCG. Adalius Thomas helps, but the Pats must groom some guys for the future. However, the linebackers that do get drafted, will receive plenty of playing time in the '07 season. ILB Patrick Willis, if available, would be a great choice. Another name to remember, ILB Zak DeOssie out of Brown University. He stands at 6-4 250 pounds, tackles well, has a non-stop motor and ran a 4.58 in his private workouts. His father also played for the Jets, Giants, Patriots and Cowboys. He could be taken by the Pats in the 3rd or 4th round.

1st round mock:

#24: LB
#28 trade out for future picks or Safety

Interesting. You mean to say that there is some mechanism whereby former college players are able to come play for professional teams? How could such a system work? Amazing.

Interesting. You mean to say that there is some mechanism whereby former college players are able to come play for professional teams? How could such a system work? Amazing.

Perhaps some form of lottery?

I only check the main board once in a while and apparently Tom Brady's social life is the only hot topic.

Perhaps some form of lottery?

I only check the main board once in a while and apparently Tom Brady's social life is the only hot topic.

Yes, I noticed some sort of election going on. I wonder how we'll know who wins.

Yes, I noticed some sort of election going on. I wonder how we'll know who wins.

I voted for Dillon. I don't think other countries would mess with us if he was President. He'd give Putin the stiff arm.

Now, if you are on the main forum, look up. no, higher than that! That's it, a little higher now. See it, just above the stickys? Now, click on it. no need to double click.

Seeing that this tread is Patriots specific, I will guess the NFL Draft?

Two words: Patrick Willis.:rocker:That solves the problem. Now, Safety both F & S is a different story.

Now, if you are on the main forum, look up. no, higher than that! That's it, a little higher now. See it, just above the stickys? Now, click on it. no need to double click.

Two words: Patrick Willis.:rocker:That solves the problem. Now, Safety both F & S is a different story.

Who is Patrick Willis, and how would the Patriots go about getting him on the team?

Last edited:
Lamest... April Fool's Day Thread... Ever.

You mean the d-r-a-f-t thread?

Haven't we always had one of those? I admit if there was some sort of draft discussion on the main board I'd be more likely to be interested in further checking in that board.

Now that it's so convenient, people can choose which to post draft stuff in. That's great!

Last edited:
Lamest... April Fool's Day Thread... Ever.

Unfortunately, this is it. No posting about the draft ever again.

I wish it was a joke.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back