PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

How will Lester do?

drew4008

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Top pitching prospect Jon Lester is going to get a shot today to show what he's got. Is this guy really going to be a stud? Or is he just another average prospect us Sox fans like to hype up ala Hanley Ramirez?

i hope he does well. The Sox seem to give the young ones only one chance and then move them down again. Hansen was demoted today. They did give Pauley two chances and he did well the second time. They should keep these guy up for at least two or three appearances IMO to let them settle down and do thier thing.

I'm a huge fan of Lesters. I mean im probably one of the biggest, ive loved his stuff and he was one of the pitchers in our system who was untouchable even more untouchable than Papelbon in most minds. He started off shaky in AAA this year but since has lowered his ERA and not as many HR's.

drew4008 said:
Top pitching prospect Jon Lester is going to get a shot today to show what he's got. Is this guy really going to be a stud? Or is he just another average prospect us Sox fans like to hype up ala Hanley Ramirez?
Have you seen Hanley's numbers this year? Kid should be an All Star.

Anyways, obviously I hope Lester does well, but Texas rakes lefties, and I've heard he still has some control issues. I'll be very happy if he can give us something like 5 IP/3 ER. I do think he'll be damn good in the future. I just don't expect it to happen right away.

Edit: Well, one of the games is cancelled today, so I doubt we'll even see Lester.

2nd edit: Now they're saying it will be Lester.

Last edited:
Well, 4.1, 3 R, 2 ER, 5 H, 4 BB, 4 K. About what I expected. Good stuff; bad control. Ump and the D didn't help much, though.

Last edited:
well

Lester did pretty good from my perspective. He pitched after a 5 hour delay, on a sloppy field, got shoddy defense behind him, a strikezone the size of a quarter, and pitched to a great hitting team----let's see how he does tonight!

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back