PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

How will Brandon Meriweather be used????

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it is a non-issue. I believe the other Meriweather thread covers his past issues. To summarize, the brawl was an odd unusual incident that none of us could predict how we would act, and Seymour also stomped lest we forget. As for the gun issue, his roommate was shot in the butt and he fired back and shot no one. His father is a sheriff, and he is a criminology major.

I think he will be fine, no character issues.

Listen I almost agree with you, but as die hard Patriots fans, we can always find the positive outlook on what our team does, it's in our genes. Thats the way our patriot-centered brains work. I mean our front office does warrant the respect, after 3 Super Bowls and numerous well maneuvered drafts. But to me this is one of the first "character issue" guys that we have taken in the first round.(don't give me the Corey Dillon rationalization) I sure hope our excellent veteran lockerroom can mold him to be the right kind of player. Personally I was mad we didn't move up to get Leon Hall, but then again I will give BB and Pioli the benefit of the doubt.

thats been my comparsion aswell
not exactly same but
-Meriweather is more diciplined
-Reed is a bigger playmaker
-Reed is more of a ballhawk
-Meriweather is in position more

but both are similar

Besides coming from the same school and average draft position, i don't think there is much to compare. Being a playmaker is all that counts, so since Reed has that advantage, we really can't compare the two. I wish Brandon Meriweather was on the same level as Ed Reed, but the two are are miles apart.

Besides coming from the same school and average draft position, i don't think there is much to compare. Being a playmaker is all that counts, so since Reed has that advantage, we really can't compare the two. I wish Brandon Meriweather was on the same level as Ed Reed, but the two are are miles apart.

actually they arent. Similar size..both come up and hit .. both are leaders in the secondary. I watched both and theres quiet a bit of resemblence.

actually they arent. Similar size..both come up and hit .. both are leaders in the secondary. I watched both and theres quiet a bit of resemblence.

No I dont doubt that we as Patriot fans can find some common similarities. I can't really comment on any because they are strickly a matter of opinion. I am just scarred the Pats took the guy with pretty obvious character issues, Chad Jackson had a couple last year, nothing big just some evidence he wasn't nearly as smart or hard working as most NFL players are. And he basically did nothing this year( passed that one good TD catch) while then again he was injured a for a number of games.

We really don't know anything yet. Ed Reed was miles apart from Ed Reed when he was drafted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back