PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

How will Brandon Meriweather be used????

Status
Not open for further replies.

VJCPatriot

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
The Pats were satisfied enough in their bounty to trade away their remaining 1st and 3rd round pick of the day. That should tell you how highly they think of Meriweather.

Do he start right away opposed Harrison, with Wilson moving to corner? Do we groom him for the SS spot behind Harrison and only play him on nickle and dimes??? ZDoes he just play the back up role for a season.

Why dont we wait till after the draft is over. We are not the coaches.

I wonder if Wilson does move out to CB, especially if something happens with Asante. Geno & Meriweather are both good cover safeties.

Why dont we wait till after the draft is over. We are not the coaches.

Yeah I know, I just wanna see some predictions cause I dont think he's will start from day 1. Anyone disagree?????

i think he competes for starting FS spot..if coaches dont feel like Wilson should be on the bench..he'll definatley start at nickel as a CB or Safety :)

i heard somewhere how he might start at CB in nickel situation since Hobbs would move into slot

I think he'll be our nickel back at the very least, and also come in at SS and FS in a few packages.

hes the best cover safety..and a pretty good CB :)

I think he will compete with Wilson for the starting FS spot, the loser of which will play the nickle. He will also play some special teams. The guy is a flat out football player. I was sure excited when Goodell read the pick.

I think he will compete with Wilson for the starting FS spot, the loser of which will play the nickle.

I think this is it. Meriweather is insurance in case Wilson is done (which the coaches might have a theory about). If Wilson turns out to be healthy and plays great, then we have a really nice "problem"! I don't see Meriweather as being in line for Rodney's spot. The Sporting News, when mentioning an NFL player to compare Meriweather to stylistically, chose Ed Reed, Ravens!

I think this is it. Meriweather is insurance in case Wilson is done (which the coaches might have a theory about). If Wilson turns out to be healthy and plays great, then we have a really nice "problem"! I don't see Meriweather as being in line for Rodney's spot. The Sporting News, when mentioning an NFL player to compare Meriweather to stylistically, chose Ed Reed, Ravens!

thats been my comparsion aswell
not exactly same but
-Meriweather is more diciplined
-Reed is a bigger playmaker
-Reed is more of a ballhawk
-Meriweather is in position more

but both are similar

He'll get a shot at the starting FS job, and if Wilson retains it he'll play CB/rotate at Safety his first season. If anyone goes down at CB he could start, and if either Rodney or Eugene go down he'll start at either position. We all know either Rodney or Eugene could miss a few games at some point so he'll probably end up starting at least a few games his rookie season.

He'll get a shot at the starting FS job, and if Wilson retains it he'll play CB/rotate at Safety his first season. If anyone goes down at CB he could start, and if either Rodney or Eugene go down he'll start at either position. We all know either Rodney or Eugene could miss a few games at some point so he'll probably end up starting at least a few games his rookie season.

i hope we also bring in another safety like Gattis or Rouse..bigger safety..i know we have Sanders but a guy like Rouse .. big ..fast.. hits very hard and hes a mean SOB

Gattis has range for a safety..hes like 6"2 215

If Geno got hurt or moved to CB, I would much rather like Meriweather at FS than Hawk.

By the way, the history of safeties who come from Meriweather's school is AMAZING. This guy could be the next Ed Reed.

By the way, the history of safeties who come from Meriweather's school is AMAZING. This guy could be the next Ed Reed.

yeah. Next in line is Kenny Phillips(after Meriweather)

I dunno, personally I think comparing players is pointless. Everyone will have a different set of qualities/skills and everyone ends up having a different career. I think we all know that character is the big problem with him. I am a little surprized BB and Pioli took him, then again most of us were convinced David Terrell was the perfect pick over Seymour. I was hoping we wouldn't take this guy cause he seems to have to many ????? But maybe I am wrong, BB and Pioli have definetly proved me wrong over the years.

I think we all know that character is the big problem with him.

I think it is a non-issue. I believe the other Meriweather thread covers his past issues. To summarize, the brawl was an odd unusual incident that none of us could predict how we would act, and Seymour also stomped lest we forget. As for the gun issue, his roommate was shot in the butt and he fired back and shot no one. His father is a sheriff, and he is a criminology major.

I think he will be fine, no character issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down