PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

How was Cary Williams not ejected!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: How was Carey Williams not ejected!?!

The Ravens have been getting away with this crap for years.

They do it on virtually every play, so it becomes normal for them, and mostly un-penalized.

The Raiders used to be the rule breakers, now it's the Ravens.

The NFL is happy though, Lewis got his second ring, so they can have the big weepy retirement show on NFL Network.

The NFL officiating has become such a joke, I can barely stand to watch it anymore.

It's almost as bad as the NBA.

Even my non-football savvy sister caught his crime and wondered why Williams wasn't tossed, it was that blatant.

Wasn't it Williams who hit Edelman a couple of times right in front of one of the scabs and didn't even get flagged never mind ejected?

It was obvious this entire game that the refs were doing everything they could to give the ravens the win.

I counted 8 times where a ravens player pushed or punched a 49er after the play ended right in front of the ref's and nothing ever got called until the ravens decided to start a mini brawl at which time the refs threw offsetting penalties.

This was seriously one of the worst superbowls ever.

Not only did he shove the ref, but the highlights showed him punching a guy on the ground several times before standing up and shoving the ref.

Welcome to the new NFL where the game is called differently depending on the circumstances. Funny how there were no roughing the passer calls, no defenseless receiver calls, no helmet to helmet calls. Refs getting shoved and only one PI call.

A NFL where ejections were half as prevalent as in other sports would probably be a safer, maybe even cleaner product.

Guys get hit with fines every week, and it's annoying to them. Why not just toss someone who has multiple personal fouls in a short period of time, sort of like the programs the NBA and soccer have with repeated techincals/red cards.

I guess the irony of my post here is that Williams didn't even draw a penalty for pushing that ref... so ejection talk is moot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots