PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

How Tom Brady spent his bye week

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have heard a few times that Belichick is possibly grooming Josh McD to become the next HC of the Pats (whenever that will be.)

Whats the chances that Tom Brady becomes a HC when he is done - and whats the chances that it could be the Pats?

Obviously you dont walk into that position but it would be great if Brady could get a coaching position in the organsiation when he is done playing, Like for example if Josh McD get s the HC job then Brady could be the OC?

Alternatively i wouldnt be shocked if he retires back to California!

Gisele's just getting a jump on the Dolphins game.

Mangini tweeted that Goodell should demand an ultrasound to determine if the "baby bump" is really a fetus or a hidden video camera that Gisele is using to tape Miami's walk-throughs.

Remember where you heard it first: "Babybumpgate!"

I have heard a few times that Belichick is possibly grooming Josh McD to become the next HC of the Pats (whenever that will be.)

Whats the chances that Tom Brady becomes a HC when he is done - and whats the chances that it could be the Pats?

Obviously you dont walk into that position but it would be great if Brady could get a coaching position in the organsiation when he is done playing, Like for example if Josh McD get s the HC job then Brady could be the OC?

Zero chance Brady becomes a coach in any capacity. I actually think he'll lead a Joe Montana style post-football life, as in, he won't be a commentator, you won't hear much about him in the news, and he won't be involved with football too much. At the most I think he'd be to the Patriots what Jim Kelly is now with the Bills.

Last edited:
Zero chance Brady becomes a coach in any capacity. I actually think he'll lead a Joe Montana style post-football life, as in, he won't be a commentator, you won't hear much about him in the news, and he won't be involved with football too much. At the most I think he'd be to the Patriots what Jim Kelly is now with the Bills.

People just don't get that NFL coaching demands they maintain the pace for less than half the compensation. I think it will be hard for him to maintain as low a profile as his idol because of his choice of life partner (and because Joe had a bit of a different chip on his shoulder that carried over into his private life). I do think he will stay away from direct team involvement and the sports media. (Whereas I see an ownership stake and a stint in the booth in Peyton's.) But he will maintain his profile via endorsements he's kept to a select minimum during his career.

I also think he wants to pass on what he's learned through football to young kids who have the potential to play at the next level ala his mentors (Martinez and BB). I could see him having a more organized camp/mentoring operation ala the Manning passing academy and even doing it as a non profit. And I see him increasingly getting involved in global philanthropy and using his celebrity and Gisele's to champion a variety of causes that are close to their hearts. Using the profile and contacts they've amassed to do things that matter and that he hopes will change the world for the better. Clearly he's come to the sad realization that politics increasingly isn't the means to that end.

I doubt that Brady will coach in the NCAA or the NFL (maybe his kids' peewee team in a few years or, as another poster mentioned, a branded youth program of some sort where he could "come and go" and leave the day by day work to others, perhaps some of his teammates with less lucrative options elsewhere). The HC job couldn't pay him enough, even if he might be a good Coach, which we can't know at this point.

I just doubt, with his myriad of other options, that he would want to be tied down to a job that demands 18 hour days and would bring constant media scrutiny. Even if he worked his way to a $5 or 6 buck Belichickian salary in six or seven years, he'd still be earning more on his investments and business interests by just getting out of bed in the morning. He'd also have to start a few levels down the coaching food chain and work his way up.

I don't see him being a full time pundit for the same reason.

I doubt he'll ever "retire." He has given some hints of where he sees his life going after football by demanding ownership stakes in Uggs and Under Armour. I think he's going to build on his carefully nurtured "brand" and, perhaps, "merge" (waiting for the jokes) with Gisele in some kind of JV exploiting both their brands. I'm also very impressed by the quality of his recent ads for Dodge and the buttoned down image they project.

Brady is definitely going in a different direction than Peyton's highly successful affiliation with Papa John's and in the style of Manning's ads for Buick. But, they're both going to make a ton of money appealing to different demographics. God bless both of them and capitalism!

Last edited:
"Massachusetts Senator Tom Brady Mulls Presidential Run in 2036"

"Massachusetts Senator Tom Brady Mulls Presidential Run in 2036"

The last thing I want is for Brady to get into politics because that just means that, sooner or later, he'll end up giving me a ton of reasons to dislike him.

As they say, you must be a blast at parties.

It's true. I'm fun at parties and I'm annoyed by people stating the obvious. I know, so hard to reconcile the two.

I'm really glad that Brady has the self-awareness to admit that there are things more suited to him than politics. I realize the bar is set pretty low these days, but some of those answers were pretty brutal.

When I saw the link I was going to send it to a friend who's a new NFL fan looking for a team to follow :rolleyes: whom I'm trying to recruit. Her initial "crush" was on Rodgers and the Packers and I was sure I could set her straight partly by showing how "smart" of a player Brady is how those smarts aren't merely confined to the football field. But I watched the first 5 minutes of the Aaron Rodgers 60 Minutes interview and unfortunately it wasn't any worse than Brady's tortured take on the role of politics in society.

I love Brady and everything he represents relating to football, but this interview won't score him any points in any Most Interesting Man in the World contests and leaves me scratching my head as to his political slant. So it's probably a good thing for us that Brady finds watching game film preferable to maintaining a political blog or something. ;)

The last thing I want is for Brady to get into politics because that just means that, sooner or later, he'll end up giving me a ton of reasons to dislike him.

That is an excellent point.

I'm really glad that Brady has the self-awareness to admit that there are things more suited to him than politics. I realize the bar is set pretty low these days, but some of those answers were pretty brutal.

When I saw the link I was going to send it to a friend who's a new NFL fan looking for a team to follow :rolleyes: whom I'm trying to recruit. Her initial "crush" was on Rodgers and the Packers and I was sure I could set her straight partly by showing how "smart" of a player Brady is how those smarts aren't merely confined to the football field. But I watched the first 5 minutes of the Aaron Rodgers 60 Minutes interview and unfortunately it wasn't any worse than Brady's tortured take on the role of politics in society.

I love Brady and everything he represents relating to football, but this interview won't score him any points in any Most Interesting Man in the World contests and leaves me scratching my head as to his political slant. So it's probably a good thing for us that Brady finds watching game film preferable to maintaining a political blog or something. ;)

Brady is indeed self aware without being self absorbed. Apparently how you view his answers is subjective, one man's thoughtful is anothers tortured. Personally I think he nailed it and is not remotely as naive as some who fail to grasp the relative futility of tilting at windmills in the present age.

At least Tom isn't so self absorbed all he can do is whine about how he's perceived... On that basis alone Aaron would probably be better suited to a post football career in politics. ;)

Apparently Tommy Boy spent the week buying a new pair of geeky glasses

Brady is indeed self aware without being self absorbed. Apparently how you view his answers is subjective, one man's thoughtful is anothers tortured. Personally I think he nailed it and is not remotely as naive as some who fail to grasp the relative futility of tilting at windmills in the present age.

At least Tom isn't so self absorbed all he can do is whine about how he's perceived... On that basis alone Aaron would probably be better suited to a post football career in politics. ;)

Excellent point. Context is everything and he's probably wise not to enter the political fray on the eve of an election. I do question the sincerity of people who say they really care about what's happening in the world (like he seems to), yet adopt the Aquarian Conspiracy/change-yourself-and-you-will-change the-world approach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back