PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

How to stump Cro...

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can definitely tell McKnight isn't ready to play. At one point Holmes pulled him aside and told him to stick around the coaches and always ask questions about plays. Then Holmes told one coach that if McKnight isn't asking for help, make him run laps. Holmes might like to blaze up, but the guy knows what he's doing.

Sanchez wasn't really ignoring him, they were trying to help him on his confidence. I can't remember what was exactly said, but something along the lines of Sanchez saying, "I suck ass." And his coach going, "**** that, if you make a mistake own up to it and show confidence that you got it next time." All while Sanchez moped around, fiddling with his bag. The Pizza thing was obviously a joke, just him trying to be funny. Same with the LB thing. I'd just label it as immature too, but I don't think he meant any of it in ill manner. Sanchez is like your normal college kid.

Don't remember much of LT, but you can tell the Jets organization appears happy to have him.

Ryan talked about how he respects Gholston for taking a paycut because he realizes he wasn't producing. And then the funniest part of the episode happened. Ryan got a random Offensive Lineman who "doesn't give a ****" to start a fight with Gholston. Gholston ends up knocking him on his ***. Gholston will probably amount to nothing, but it was really funny.

Wilson did have a pretty nice segment on him. And appeared to be a pretty smart kid from what Hardknocks put on. Apparently the coaches are impressed with his ability to read the offense.

And I think you're overreacting about the Shake Weight thing.. It's an obvious joke. Just teammates having fun with each other.

unlike the other guy who gave an homer reaction making everything look bad for the Jets(Holmes playing for the camera,come on...do you even think before you write something?) this was an honest look and i agree with what you say.
football players are pepole like you and me and they can also have fun,joke and laugh and enjoy what they do.
if you want a nazi booth camp then go to Cleveland and see what Mangini is doing.

unlike the other guy who gave an homer reaction making everything look bad for the Jets(Holmes playing for the camera,come on...do you even think before you write something?) this was an honest look and i agree with what you say.
football players are pepole like you and me and they can also have fun,joke and laugh and enjoy what they do.
if you want a nazi booth camp then go to Cleveland and see what Mangini is doing.

I think there is plenty of good and bad that you can witness from the first two episodes of Hard Knock. Some good (if you were a Jets fan) would be Holmes looks great, LT looks like he has something left, John Connors is just fun to watch, Kris Jenkins back on the field, and much more. Some bad McKnight looks bad, Cro is a moron, Sanchez looks immature on and off the field and that is more to how he acted to coaching points and mistakes made on field I dont care about joking with pizza guys and making fun of a teamate. But I think I would have to put Sanchez in the good list too as he does seem to me to be a pretty good QB and I am hoping that the mess that is the Jets can derail him but it looks like they were smart to surround him with Brunell (kind of makes me wish Drew loved the game as much as he obviously does but Drew was still better).

I thought last nights episode was pretty boring.

Sanchez seems like a normal, nice kid. If he had not left college, wouldn't he be a senior this year? Or would he have just graduated? Something like that. Give the kid a break.

Holmes seems all-in. I think this is a great signing for the Jets.

McKnight has bust written all over him.

Everytime they show LT - I want tp punch him in the face. Purely because I hate the guy.

Jenkins looks slimmed down by a lot. I now know why Mangold is so good. Going up against Jenkins in practice everyday HAS to make you a better player.

I can't understand why Ryan would eat peanut m&m's and buttered popcorn in front of his team, to be honest. You expect your team to be disciplined, yet you don't have enough will-power to turn away from the candy....especially after lap-band surgery. Plus, isn't that a prohibited snack? Where was the snack fine jar? Was that just a first episode joke?

Overall, I think the Jets run a camp like many others. As one poster said, the worst thing you could do is run a camp like Mangini does. They seem like a close-knit group that likes to have fun together. I bet this is what most teams are like, honestly.

So the Jets players aren't playing to the cameras at times during camp? It is fun in the fantasy world of the Jets fans. I said it was just my opinion which was echoed by at least one or two Jets fans on the JetsInsider board.

As for negative spin, I thought overall I was fair to give both sides. I talked about Wilson. I talked about LT getting pops. But it was quite clear the tone of this episode was to accentiate the negatives. I am under no illusion that it could be HBO's manipulation of editing for dramatic purposes, but overall the tone of this episode was people screwing up.

As for the shake weights, I am talking about when it was done. Most teams do not put up with horsing around at the start of practice. Horsing around is for the end of practice. Belichick wouldn't put up with it. Parcells wouldn't. I'm sure Sean Payton wouldn't. All those guys have Super Bowl rings.

BTW, I did forget to mention the battle between Mangold and Jenkins. Mangold is a beast who manhandled Jenkins throwing him to the ground several times. Good news for the Jets offense, not so much for the defense although I don't know if Jenkins getting manhandled by Mangold is doomsday for the Jets.

Oh yeah, one priceless image was Ryan walking with a box of popcorn and soda into the movie theater with a sign overhead saying "Dinner with Schmucks". I thought that was kinda unintentially funny.

Last edited:
EDIT: Nevermind

Last edited:

Not to criticize Patsfans, but Ian needs to put a generic "to English" translation ap on this site. Just a suggestion.

It's a tv show so you have to take it for what it is. As a Jets fan it seems like the team is having too much fun but we've also heard rumors that players were complaining that Rex is working them to hard.

Cromatie told a beat writer that HBO asked him to name his kids and leave a few seconds in between each name. The baby thing is ridicilous after the first few he needed to wrap it up.

As a fan it's fun to see your players and their personalities. You don't usually get this kind of access.

You would probably stump him also, if you asked their mother's names.

Cro has been too busy "Spreading Pollen" to concentrate on mere football. That is why they sent him out of San Diego, before the angry mob of Mothers showed up with buckets of Tar and Feathers!

Or should that be spelled Muthas... :rolleyes:

Not to criticize Patsfans, but Ian needs to put a generic "to English" translation up on this site. Just a suggestion.

looks like she doesn't like the "nazi booth camp" either...

0.jpg

Last edited:
Please, more detailed descriptions of this Hard Knocks train wreck for those of us ethnicly disadvantaged and therefore too cheap to pay for HBO.

Don't need to pay for HBO to see it. Torrents etc, and they even posted it at hbo.com it's such a big deal this year.

....just ask him the names and ages of his kids. Yikes.
I was going to say 'ask him to tackle somebody', so I suppose if you really want to make his head spin you could ask him to rattle of the names of his kids while he is attempting to tackle you.

Don't need to pay for HBO to see it. Torrents etc, and they even posted it at hbo.com it's such a big deal this year.

Man, I am SO Twen Cen!

Thanks folks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill