PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

How to stump Cro...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spiral

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
....just ask him the names and ages of his kids. Yikes.

condom.jpg

He thought that was fancy bubble gum. Even gave a few to his kids. How ironic.
More than likely that they were blow up balloons or party novelty handouts.

If Cromartie could tackle like he procreates, he would be an All Pro every year.

So far, the more Hardknocks I watch, the better I feel about the Patriots.

It's funny, I've tried to watch, but after a few minutes of both episodes I've found myself unable to watch any more. I don't know if anyone else has experienced the same thing.

A: Have the ball.

Yeah, I look at the imaturity of Sanchez, the lackidasical joking around at practice (do you think anyone would dare bring a bunch of shake weights right before practice in Foxboro?), and rookies talking back to the coaches and wonder if this is a team ripe for imploding.

I still wasn't impressed with the starting offense. They had one good drive out of three against the starting Giants defense and the TD on that one was a gift. They went 3 and out on a drive that started in the Giants' red zone. Yes, they have a big name receiving corp, but other than Holmes vs. the back ups I haven't seen anyone being consistent. Braylon Edwards didn't catch a single pass until the Giants' b-squad came in. Against the Giants' first team, the only people who caught multiple passes were Keller and Tomlinson.

Their depth looks non-existent. All the Jets slam the Pats draft, but I think they saw in the second half of Monday night what happens when you package all your picks year after year to grab two or three players in a draft. You become paper thin on your depth chart. If Revis doesn't come back, the only area they might have some decent depth on defense might be at LB although I haven't heard anything out of Jason Taylor whatsoever either in practice reports I have seen, in the preseason game, or on Hard Knocks. On offense their only depth seems to be at WR.

I will admit it is some of my Pats homer wishful thinking showing through, but other than their defense and maybe their running game I haven't seen any of their Super Bowl hype showing through so far this preseason. Granted it is preseason and many times what you see in preseason doesn't translate into the regular season.

Would it be a good move or a bad move for an opposing wide receiver to start reciting the names of Cro's kids out loud before every snap?

It's funny, I've tried to watch, but after a few minutes of both episodes I've found myself unable to watch any more. I don't know if anyone else has experienced the same thing.

I had the exact opposite effect. I was totally compelled by it. I think it is great TV. Especially last night, wouldn't make me happy if I was a Jets fan, but I was entertained.

As much as I enjoyed the two episodes, I am thankful that Belichick would never allow such a circus show to go on in Foxboro. You can tell that many of the players are playing to the cameras. I don't think it sheds a lot of players in a good light and I wonder if guys watch the show and then come to practice the next day affected by how they are portrayed. Will the stars get big heads? Will the guys who are portrayed as struggling fall into a deeper funk? I think it is a huge negative for players to watch this kind of stuff about themselves while in camp.

Please, more detailed descriptions of this Hard Knocks train wreck for those of us ethnicly disadvantaged and therefore too cheap to pay for HBO.

Would it be a good move or a bad move for an opposing wide receiver to start reciting the names of Cro's kids out loud before every snap?

Bad move - play clock runs out ... delay of game ... five yard penalty

I had the exact opposite effect. I was totally compelled by it. I think it is great TV. Especially last night, wouldn't make me happy if I was a Jets fan, but I was entertained.

As much as I enjoyed the two episodes, I am thankful that Belichick would never allow such a circus show to go on in Foxboro. You can tell that many of the players are playing to the cameras. I don't think it sheds a lot of players in a good light and I wonder if guys watch the show and then come to practice the next day affected by how they are portrayed. Will the stars get big heads? Will the guys who are portrayed as struggling fall into a deeper funk? I think it is a huge negative for players to watch this kind of stuff about themselves while in camp.
I've DVR'd both episodes, so I'll try again. It's disappointing to me not to be able to watch because I looked forward to it all summer and, like you, was expecting to be enthralled by it.

Please, more detailed descriptions of this Hard Knocks train wreck for those of us ethnicly disadvantaged and therefore too cheap to pay for HBO.

Some of the highlights:

- Joe McKnight struggling mightily in practice. Him talking back to the RB coach. Santonio Holmes trying to school him, but him not getting it (BTW, I think the whole interaction was staged for the cameras to show Holmes as a leader, but that is my personal opinion). Bart Scott has a good line about him coming from USC and how he had to take a pay cut to come to the Jets from SC. Way too early to tell, but the guy is shaping up to be a bust.
- Sanchez seems really imature. When his QB coach is trying to give him advise in the meeting room, Sanchez just ignores him and fiddles with the zipper on his bag and never looks up. Later he calls to order pizza for the him and the coaching staff and haggles over 59 cent bread sticks. He mocks one of the LBs walk (out of ear or eyeshot of the player) as the defense walks to the other endzone to do drills (funny, but I doubt Brady would ever do that with a player). This guy seems to need a more disciplined structure than the Jets will give him if he is ever going to be elite or close to it. He definitely takes advantage of the laid back atmosphere of the Jets' camp.
- Tomlinson gets some good pub on jumping over the pile into the endzone in practice. Ryan brags in a meeting that how he was right on him and the world was wrong (the pompous side of the guy that I hate more than anything that he gets from his dad).
- Vernon Gholston is ball washed so badly that I don't think even his mother believes the BS. Ryan so wants the guy to succeed that he overhypes every little thing he does in practice.
- Kyle Wilson gets a positive piece on him and shows him making some plays.
- Ryan and the coaching staff look extremely upset/nervous about their depth based on the second half of the Giants game. All of them say separately that it is scary how bad they played especially from guys who will actually get decent playing time on offense or defense this season. Ryan really rips into the back ups in the post game speech.
- The punter buys shake weights (those very sexual moving weight that you shake back and forth) for the entire team. They all play with them during prepractice warm ups making some sexual inuendos. I could never see this happening in Foxboro. Not only would Belichick not allow it, but I think some of the leaders (Wilfork, Brady, etc.) would kill the guy who bought them and brought them to the field.

Overall, this episode focused more on the negatives about the team than the positives. This is a TV show so it is hard to tell how they edited it, but this was the episode where they show a lot of struggles.

As for the Cromartie thing, he tries to list his kids' names and struggles and 5 of his 8 kids are three or about to be 3.

Last edited:

Bad move: too many to remember, and Cromartie wouldn't recognize them anyway.

How many of his kids were age 3? and he didnt once say twins (though he might not know what that means). I counted at least 3 with a 4th turning 3 soon.

That was unintential humor but the funniest line of the show has to go Bart Scott. They were talking about McKnight and one of the coaches was saying how he seemed a little angry at getting coaching points and Scott joked he is just angry about having to take a pay cut (for those not familar he is a rookie out of USC).

Some of the highlights:

- Joe McKnight struggling mightily in practice. Him talking back to the RB coach. Santonio Holmes trying to school him, but him not getting it (BTW, I think the whole interaction was staged for the cameras to show Holmes as a leader, but that is my personal opinion). Bart Scott has a good line about him coming from USC and how he had to take a pay cut to come to the Jets from SC. Way too early to tell, but the guy is shaping up to be a bust.
- Sanchez seems really imature. When his QB coach is trying to give him advise in the meeting room, Sanchez just ignores him and fiddles with the zipper on his bag and never looks up. Later he calls to order pizza for the him and the coaching staff and haggles over 59 cent bread sticks. He mocks one of the LBs walk (out of ear or eyeshot of the player) as the defense walks to the other endzone to do drills (funny, but I doubt Brady would ever do that with a player). This guy seems to need a more disciplined structure than the Jets will give him if he is ever going to be elite or close to it. He definitely takes advantage of the laid back atmosphere of the Jets' camp.
- Tomlinson gets some good pub on jumping over the pile into the endzone in practice. Ryan brags in a meeting that how he was right on him and the world was wrong (the pompous side of the guy that I hate more than anything that he gets from his dad).
- Vernon Gholston is ball washed so badly that I don't think even his mother believes the BS. Ryan so wants the guy to succeed that he overhypes every little thing he does in practice.
- Kyle Wilson gets a positive piece on him and shows him making some plays.
- Ryan and the coaching staff look extremely upset/nervous about their depth based on the second half of the Giants game. All of them say separately that it is scary how bad they played especially from guys who will actually get decent playing time on offense or defense this season. Ryan really rips into the back ups in the post game speech.
- The punter buys shake weights (those very sexual moving weight that you shake back and forth) for the entire team. They all play with them during prepractice warm ups making some sexual inuendos. I could never see this happening in Foxboro. Not only would Belichick not allow it, but I think some of the leaders (Wilfork, Brady, etc.) would kill the guy who bought them and brought them to the field.

Overall, this episode focused more on the negatives about the team than the positives. This is a TV show so it is hard to tell how they edited it, but this was the episode where they show a lot of struggles.

As for the Cromartie thing, he tries to list his kids' names and struggles and 5 of his 8 kids are three or about to be 3.

You can definitely tell McKnight isn't ready to play. At one point Holmes pulled him aside and told him to stick around the coaches and always ask questions about plays. Then Holmes told one coach that if McKnight isn't asking for help, make him run laps. Holmes might like to blaze up, but the guy knows what he's doing.

Sanchez wasn't really ignoring him, they were trying to help him on his confidence. I can't remember what was exactly said, but something along the lines of Sanchez saying, "I suck ass." And his coach going, "**** that, if you make a mistake own up to it and show confidence that you got it next time." All while Sanchez moped around, fiddling with his bag. The Pizza thing was obviously a joke, just him trying to be funny. Same with the LB thing. I'd just label it as immature too, but I don't think he meant any of it in ill manner. Sanchez is like your normal college kid.

Don't remember much of LT, but you can tell the Jets organization appears happy to have him.

Ryan talked about how he respects Gholston for taking a paycut because he realizes he wasn't producing. And then the funniest part of the episode happened. Ryan got a random Offensive Lineman who "doesn't give a ****" to start a fight with Gholston. Gholston ends up knocking him on his ***. Gholston will probably amount to nothing, but it was really funny.

Wilson did have a pretty nice segment on him. And appeared to be a pretty smart kid from what Hardknocks put on. Apparently the coaches are impressed with his ability to read the offense.

And I think you're overreacting about the Shake Weight thing.. It's an obvious joke. Just teammates having fun with each other.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye