Welcome to PatsFans.com

How to steal elections: Gay billionaires called "The Cabinet"

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Fogbuster, Nov 4, 2008.

1. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Time magazine, another member of the vast right-wing conspiracy, spells out some of the ultra-left agenda to destroy America's heritage and rebuild an even worse Sodom and Gomorrah. Certainly Time will get "a visit" over this. Omerta is not to be f*cked with.

[size=+3]The latest from Time Magazine on Gay billionaires called "The Cabinet" who are crafting liberal policies in the USA. [/size]

[size=+2]Time[/size]

November 10, 2008
    U.S. Edition

A Gay Mafia

BYLINE: John Cloud/Beverly Hills

SECTION: THE WELL; Campaign '08, Money and Politics; Pg. 52 Vol. 172 No. 19

LENGTH: 2506 words

They are called the Cabinet. Meet the seven wealthy, gay political donors who are quietly pouring money into races all over the country--and redefining liberal politics in the process
    A few weeks before Virginia's legislative elections in 2005, a researcher working on behalf of a clandestine group of wealthy, gay political donors telephoned a Virginia legislator named Adam Ebbin. Then, as now, Ebbin was the only openly gay member of the state's general assembly. The researcher wanted Ebbin's advice on how the men he represented could spend their considerable funds to help defeat anti-gay Virginia politicians.

Ebbin, a Democrat who is now 44, was happy to oblige. (Full disclosure: in the mid-'90s, Ebbin and I knew each other briefly as colleagues; he sold ads for Washington City Paper, a weekly where I was a reporter.) Using Ebbin's expertise, the gay donors--none of whom live in Virginia--began contributing to certain candidates in the state. There were five benefactors: David Bohnett of Beverly Hills, Calif., who in 1999 sold the company he had co-founded, Geo-Cities, to Yahoo! in a deal worth $5 billion on the day it was announced; Timothy Gill of Denver, another tech multimillionaire; James Hormel of San Francisco, grandson of George, who founded the famous meat company; Jon Stryker of Kalamazoo, Mich., the billionaire grandson of the founder of medical-technology giant Stryker Corp.; and Henry van Ameringen, whose father Arnold Louis van Ameringen started a Manhattan-based import company that later became the mammoth International Flavors & Fragrances.

The five men spent $138,000 in Virginia that autumn, according to state records compiled by the nonprofit Virginia Public Access Project. Of that, $48,000 went directly to the candidates Ebbin recommended. Ebbin got $45,000 for his PAC, the Virginia Progress Fund, so he could give to the candidates himself. Another $45,000 went to Equality Virginia, a gay-rights group that was putting money into many of the same races.

On Election Day that year, the Virginia legislature stayed solidly in Republican hands; the Democratic Party netted just one seat. But that larger outcome masked an intriguing development: anti-gay conservatives had suffered considerably. For instance, in northern Virginia, a Democrat named Charles Caputo (who received $6,500 from Ebbin's PAC) had beaten a Christian youth minister, Chris Craddock, by an unexpectedly large margin, with a vote of 56% to 41%. Three other candidates critical of gays were also defeated, including delegate Richard Black, who had long opposed gay equality in Richmond. Black had had no single donation as large as the $20,000 that Ebbin's PAC gave his opponent. "This was my ninth election campaign, and it wasn't unusual to have homosexuals involved," says Black, who now practices law. "But it was different, certainly, in degree. There had not been a concerted influx of money from homosexuals as a group before."

The group that donated the money to use against Black and the others is known as the Cabinet, although you won't find that name on a letterhead or even on the Internet. Aside from Bohnett, 52; Gill, 55; Hormel, 75; Stryker, 50; and Van Ameringen, 78, the other members of the Cabinet are Jonathan Lewis (49-year-old grandson of Joseph, co-founder of Progressive Insurance) and Linda Ketner, 58, heiress to the Food Lion fortune, who is running for Congress against gop Representative Henry Brown Jr. of South Carolina.

Ketner's is something of a long-shot bid--her district has been reliably Republican for years--but recently Congressional Quarterly described her "suddenly strong run" against Brown as "the biggest surprise" in this year's House races. Ketner, who was invited to join the all-male Cabinet as a way of diversifying it, declined to discuss her role in the group.

2. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +259 / 10 / -11

Nothing at all wrong with that. That's how our electoral system works. Consider the many ways Reverend Moon has pushed his political agenda -- and I think some people would see his views as far more dangerous to decency than anything that those gay billionaires espouse.

Blessing and Ideal Family by Reverend Sun Myung Moon - (Chapter Two - Part 3)

"This is why women must like me and long for me. Even if you don't want to, you have to like me. Women in the Unification Church must be absolutely obedient to all of my words. Then she can be said to be a person who likes me. Then I can make you marry if I want to and I can send you out to witness if I want to. I can make you marry or not marry a black person. I can make you marry or not marry an American."
  3. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +359 / 11 / -27

Another homophobic rant from our resident wanna be religious guy, cannot even offer condolences when a pres candidate mother passes.. but can continue to spew the hate in this case on gay folks.. Foggie has become the Jeremiah Wright of the Right...
  4. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

... if you could only see the eternal world. Do yourself a favor and read some Swedenborg, at least. Get some idea of what's in store. These 90 to 100 years are a drop in the proverbial bucket. Where we end up is the real deal. Take the long view, not the short one. The short-term is only a tiny step toward the long term, nothing more.

//
  5. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +359 / 11 / -27

IS the short view to sound like Jeremiah Wright of the Right??? The end justifies the means in your line of thought..
  6. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

:rofl: ---- Well, I'm in YOUR head, that's for sure. :yeeha:

"Homophobic"?? Where'd that word come from? Who made that term up?? Was it the same people who took a nice word, like "gay" and turned a perversion into something "happy", something "attractive", something "acceptable"???

You show me anywhere in the Old or New Testaments where it says that homosexual relations are in ANY way Godly or good, and I will eat that book on national TV.

Yeah, with homosexuality running rampant, it certainly will be "God DAMN America". You bet the farm on it. Easy money.

And I will be the first one to offer condolences to Obama as soon as he picks up his grandmother from under the bus and tells us about his life, unlocks his high school, college, and law school records. I'll do THAT on national TV, too.

//
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2008
  7. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +359 / 11 / -27

America is not founded on the terms of the bible, and secondly the more you speak the more you sound like those you loathe.. what a fraud you are, my only hope is that somewhere and somehow that a poster has the wherewithall to show what you post on this board to the powers to be in the Unification Church.. everything you say is diametrically opposed to the teachings of your church.. nothing is positive, just damning fire and brimstone.. can never forget how the Rev. Moon says "SEX" or "SATAN", in his loud voice.. his words resonate forever in my mind.
  8. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Nobody forces you to read my posts. If I so upset you, put me on "ignore". You only harm yourself by getting so upset. Your steadfast aversion to the eternal truth is doing you more harm than anyone else. God, Rev. Moon, and I have only the best hopes and wishes for you, Darryl, but you have to meet half-way, at least. Give it a try, you have nothing to lose except unhappiness.

//
  9. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +259 / 10 / -11

If God is the monster you think he is, then I'd rather take my chances on hell. If God exists, which I think is unlikely, he's vastly more enlightened than homophobic, sexist, racists like the Reverend Moon.
  10. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign On the Roster

Ratings:
    +375 / 3 / -15

What foggy doesn't realize is that it is ok if every single member of Obama's cabinet ends up being gay...who gives a flying fug? It is irrelevant to anything and everything. Secondly, it will be none of foggy's business who is or is not gay.

And if gay-ness bothers Foggy regarding Obama's choices, all I can say is tough sh1t....get used to it brothah. \\

You have no choice but to accept it.
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +657 / 2 / -9

Riots Tonight
    Lock Your Doors
    Free TV's
    Sex In The Streets
    The End Is Near
    Help Us Lord
  12. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

I don't know how you got so soured on God, but you should read Swedenborg. It is not religious, there is no creed or belief stuff in it. Just an account of his experiences with the spirit world. Other good sources are Carl Wickland and Anthony Borgia's "Life in the World Unseen". All are excellent. Some films have also done a good job revealing important aspects of the eternal world: "What Dreams may Come" (Robin Williams) and "Ghost" (Demi Moore, Patrick Swazey, Whoopi Goldberg."

//
  13. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

You enjoy forcing yourself onto others, don't you?? You ever been arrested for rape??

//
  14. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +375 / 3 / -15

What? Are you serious? what does your reply have to do with my comment? :rofl:

I'll use my classic reply that elway7 loves to use as his signature to answer you....

"Look you inexcuse for a debator, I'll tell you for the last time, when someone asks you a question, you answer the freak'n question they ask directly or don't bother coming here and attempt to engage "our" members in debate. TOUGH SH1T BUDDY...Tough sh1t to you, your wife and your whole family."

Never been arrested in my life....never been caught either! :D
  15. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

You can run but in the end you cannot hide. :eek:

Bummer, eh.

//
  16. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +375 / 3 / -15

I never run or hide, I don't have to because I'm PatriotsReign

I am also in God's graces as much as you are my, my...whatever it is that you are.
  17. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Sure, kid. Have a nice day.

//
  18. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +375 / 3 / -15

Is that the best you can do you sore loser?

Hey, got that bottle of champagne on ice for the Obama victory celebration?:D
  19. Lifer

Lifer Banned

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0

And you show me in the Old or New Testament where spreading hate, bearing false witness, lying, and having a coldness of heart is any way Godly or good.
    We shall be known by our fruit.

You are known, Fog. John 10:10. The Thief comes to steal, kill, and destroy. The thief is working in you, buddy. Time to clean up this act.
  20. Born_a_Patriot

Born_a_Patriot PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0

It is fascinating how the more self righteous a Christian gets the less tolerant. And thus becoming that which they preached against.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Pump up the volume EMINEM YouTube - EMINEM MOSH - Original Version
    Like him or not listen to the Message.

The single most powerful video this year, was created 4 years ago.