Welcome to PatsFans.com

How to Ruin a Trip to the Museum

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by weswelker#83, Mar 23, 2008.

1. weswelker#83

weswelker#83 Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

2. Lifer

Lifer Banned

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0

3. weswelker#83

weswelker#83 Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

Children lack the critical thinking faculties to evaluate what they are being taught. They're biologically predispositioned to accepting what their elders teach them: it's essential for survival. They implicitly trust their parents and teachers; deliberately twisting their minds with complete distortions like this is an abuse of that trust.
  4. MrBigglesWorth

MrBigglesWorth Rookie

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0

the earth is flat.

good thing he's not calling himself the next messiah.
  5. Lifer

Lifer Banned

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0

so you should determine for their parents where their children go? and again, this is in the political forum why?
  6. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

Ummm...Lifer, You're a good guy. You're smart. I like your posts. But Easter is not a christian holiday. It's a pagan holiday in nearly every sense except the christians co-opted it for their version of the fertility/rebirth celebration...which is OK with me, but the pagans had it first. Celebrate whatever or however you wish, but it's not just a christian holiday.
  7. Lifer

Lifer Banned

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0

ok then, how about that Presidential race, huh? :rolleyes:
  8. weswelker#83

weswelker#83 Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

If you dig a bit on the actual creationists' turf and figure out what they want, you will find pretty quickly that it's actually about politics, because to them politics is not a means to an end .
    It is an end, they are doing a lot of what they are doing and they are often believing the particular religious views they are believing for political reasons.
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2008
  9. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

It sucks. It's embarrassing. I'm angry that the really important issues are being ignored. We're screwed - by "we" I mean me and you.
  10. Lifer

Lifer Banned

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0

amen to that ;)
  11. FreeTedWilliams

FreeTedWilliams pfadmins PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +97 / 31 / -3

#75 Jersey

Yet, you are OK, with them being bombarded daily with the left wing nutjobs that promulgate the NEA, with complete impunity
  12. otis p. driftwood

otis p. driftwood Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Hmm. So how do you feel about Obama's daughters (and all the other kids) sitting through all those now famous sermons?
  13. MrBigglesWorth

MrBigglesWorth Rookie

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0

America is so divided between beliefs, political parties
  14. weswelker#83

weswelker#83 Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

Their grand grand parents were slaves .Maybe It 's their way to remember what happened to them . Are you gonna stop them from talking about it ?
    That's their past , their history , you can't take it away from them .
  15. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +196 / 7 / -23

This is connected to politics, remember the thread on the Grand Canyon and how tour guides are supposed to give grand design versions other than evolution.. the sad thing is many things are being destroyed under our noses, during this administration.. many protections we grew accustomed to are being deregulated.. this morning I was reading where GWB is changing the name of the Environmental Protection Agency... to Environmental Prevention Agency.

I know people from inside the beltway who work for the feds, and there is a continual dilution of the protections that we have come to know and believe we can rely on.. I have a friend in the Agency that monitors nuclear power plants and he told me that they are streamlining the application process, not that that is a bad thing.. but what concerned me is in that he told me in the haste to streamline, some of the critical safeguards have been removed. He is pretty conservative, but thinks they are throwing out the baby with the bathwater.
  16. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

Oh great!
    Now we can expect every single thread to get derailed to the subject of Wright's speeches. Creationism somehow leads to Obama.

Very clever. Brilliant work, Paul.

Anything interesting to say?...., or are you and FTW going to feed us a steady diet of Rev Wright regardless of the thread topic.

Anyone out there feel like moderating the forum?
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2008
  17. otis p. driftwood

otis p. driftwood Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Their grandparents? Really? Went to public schools, huh Wes?

Oh, and who was talking about all the "the white man is evil" stuff? I'm talking about "God damn the USA" and the sermons supporting terrorists.
    You're taking on water, Wes, and just don't seem to know it.

And btw, here's a tidbit for you, since you seem to love to play this way:

http://newsblaze.com/story/20080321133914tsop.nb/newsblaze/TOPSTORY/Top-Stories.html

It was really easy to find. First or second thing to pop up on google when you type "obama's parents slaves" in.
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2008
  18. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +365 / 1 / -9

Yup, your right wista, it was comical when it all started but they are still doing it, Mccain is turning into a bigger "mumbler" than Bush, as each day passes he looks more and more like he belongs in a nursing home, Obama made an earth shattering statement this morning he now says "don't label me a liberal" that old bag Hillary is still waddling all over America grining and clapping her hands screaming "we can do it" THEY NEVER MENTION AN ISSUE.

Gas Prices, Economy, SECURITY, Home Forclosures, Stopping America from being involved in the Hell Hole called the Middle East a land that still Stones People To Death, Cleaning America's Streets of the Smelly Savage Gang Bangers, America's Drug Problem, Violence In America's Schools, Race Wars in American Prisons, 12 Million Illegal Aliens from third world sh!t holes wandering America's streets possibly carrying Diseases we have never even heard of (Mccain is a big backer of this one, bastard).

AMERICA IS IN BIG TROUBLE WE THE PEOPLE WILL SUFFER FOR THE INACTIONS OF THESE POLITICAL GRINNING CLOWNS.

THE THREE STOOGES HAVE COME BACK TO LIFE
    MCCAIN--OBAMA--HILLARY

I HAVE NO INTENTION OF VOTING, I WILL STAY HOME AND PRAY TO THE HOLY JESUS H CHRIST LORD ALMIGHTY GOD TO PROTECT US FROM THE ACTIONS OF THESE THREE F-CKING A$S HOLES.

:bricks: