Welcome to PatsFans.com

How to reduce the national debt by many Billions

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Fogbuster, Feb 24, 2009.

1. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

This makes a ton of sense. In a sane world it would already be implemented:

Urine Test -- This guy has a point! This was written by a construction worker in Fort McMurray . Read on . . .

I work, they pay me. I pay my taxes, and the government distributes my taxes as it sees fit. In order to earn that pay check, I work on a rig site for a Fort McMurray construction project. At any time I am required to pass a random urine test, with which I have no problem. HOWEVER, what I do have a problem with is the distribution of my taxes to people who don't have to pass a urine test. Shouldn't one have to pass a urine test to get a welfare check because I have to pass one to earn it for them? Understand - I have no problem with helping people get back on their feet. I do on the other hand have a problem with helping someone sit on their ass, drink beer and smoke dope. Could you imagine how much money this country would save if people had to pass a urine test to get a public assistance check?

//

2. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +828 / 27 / -33

Are you advocating for crane operators and heavy equipment operators allowed to be stoned???

Or are you advocating another layer of government to administer drug tests at between 25 to 50 bucks each time???

It would be good for the economy as it would spur a whole bunch of cottage industries specializing in how to beat drug tests???

Would their be a safety net for the children of parents or would they starve.. how about reinstituting the "orphan trains".

Maybe they could then take all the priests and ministers and administer mandatory lie detector tests to see if they molested anyone lately...

All this from a poster who abhors the idea that Orwell's "1984" could be true...the inconsistency is maddening.

3. Fogbuster

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Any excuse to avoid responsibility and accountability, eh. Some people seem to defend anything that allows abuse of public money, tax-payers' money. "America is so rich", such people falsely claim. But the truth is: America is in debt to the tune of several Trillions of dollars. But, for some, it's OK peachy fine to keep on giving away borrowed money to dope smokers and other drug abusers.

In China they execute drug dealers. Everybody in China knows the penalty for dealing drugs. Users are not treated very well, either. China now owns more than a Trillion dollars of U.S. debt (could end up being about 3 Trillion, or more, in the next four years). Hillary Clinton was just in Beijing begging the Chinese to keep on propping up the U.S. financial system by buying up Treasury notes. Who's system is more financially solvent, the society that caters to drug abusers or the society that cracks down on drug abuse?

A society that prospers and grows a wealthy citizenry is one that prevents drug abuse, works hard, and produces goods that are good for people. Ask WalMart.

//

4. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

Did you just praise WalMart? HOw long have you been out of the country, exactly?

5. Fogbuster

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Do you have a point, or is speaking in code one of your professional qualifications??

In any case, Walmart has become the richest, most successful retail market in America, and it gets probably 80+% of its goods from China. See the connection: rich, successful, Chinese-made goods ?? Or do you need a diagram?

//

Last edited: Feb 24, 2009
  6. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +596 / 24 / -19

Fog, in our country a person is presumed innocent. Asking a struggling mom to take a urine test strikes me evil, unless there's evidence of some sort. Besides, what would you do to those who fail those tests? Put them in jail? Turn them into homeless beggars? Also, I gather that you don't think that addiction is a disease. Those poor (and other) people who get arrested for doing drugs are mandated into drug rehab programs (or the more costly prison), and it's not easy for them to quit.

7. PatsFanInVa

PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,085 / 16 / -9

Keep the narco-money at home. Grow, sell, and tax legalized marijuana in America. Continue to urine-test pilots, rig operators, et al., as a safety measure. Everybody else: don't come to work high, just like you wouldn't come to work drunk, for 99.9% of the population, because it will affect your work product. I don't know about you guys, but where I work there aren't active at-work alkies... they wouldn't last 10 seconds.

PFnV

8. Fogbuster

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

So, you and all people think like you can pool your considerable personal fortunes and take care of the drug abusers who are currently stealing money from the American tax-payers who live right, work hard, don't abuse drugs, and play by the rules.

//

9. PatsFanInVa

PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,085 / 16 / -9

Try answering the questions Patters raised, Fog. Here in the US, we have one of the highest incarceration rates in the world in the first place. Who foots the bill for these guys in prison, if you bust them on their urine test? Exactly what are the mechanics of your proposal? Jail them if they pop positive? How do you fund the tests? Where is your proposal?

Try it without the namecalling and think it through.

PFnV

10. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +596 / 24 / -19

Yes, I think we need to take care of the needy, but that's atheism for you. I think we can do it with progressive income taxes, so as not to hurt low-income and middle-income wage earners too much. Taxes are a necessary part of running a civilized nation. Do you think every American should be tested for drugs, or just poor people? After all, every American does get government services. Wealthier people get more government services than poor people in many respects, since they depend on the SEC, the courts, highways, and other government tools to support their wealth. Should they be drug tested? Or are you only interested in beating up on the poor?

11. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

My point was clear, despite you feigning ignorance.

You consider a corporation that has put countless thousands of small American businesses out of existence, and exploited cheap labor abroad, a success. You sit in awe of the Chinese because they allegedly execute drug dealers.

Thank you so much for, once again, revealing your undeniable religious fascist ideology.

Yes, because putting millions of Americans out of work because they test positive for any drug would be a genius idea. Heck, let's just summarily execute them, so as not to burden the economy.

Fog, you've created a lot of ridiculous threads in this forum. Too many to count. But I have to say, this one is right up there among the most laughable. Second only to the thread that suggested Prince earned hip replacement surgery because he annoyed God with his "sexy dancing."

What's most disturbing, however, is your incessant preoccupation with human waste, human waste function, sexual organs and janitorial labor. What the hell happened to you along the way?

(countdown to obligatory "yeah? well, you're a druggie!" rhetoric to commence now. 10.... 9..... 8.... )

12. Fogbuster

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

"Name-calling"????

Go back to sleep. When you wake up, then you can join those who "feel so much the pain" of those who will not work but only want to get tax-payers' monies, so they can go out and buy dope and alcohol.

//

13. Fogbuster

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Your "point" is vague, still, and you flounder like a drowning man grasping at the straws I keep throwing out to keep you alive.

So, join the line with Patters and those who think it's a good idea to give money to those who will not work, but will use drugs and alcohol on the tax-payers' dime.

For the rest of those who refuse to finance such behavior, you'll just have to get used it. At the rate you're going, it will only be a matter of time before the Chinese really do come to America and take care of it their way.

{Countdown to the obligaory scoff: ..... 10,....9, .... 8....... ...}

//

14. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

Whenever you refuse to ever acknowledge my points, I know I have you. See, there's a growing unemployment problem in America. Putting millions (that's right, millions) more out of work? Well, that will only speed along societal collapse. (Or perhaps you're rooting for that... Does Moonie-ism have a Rapture?)

As for your "points", are you even paying U.S. taxes? Also, who said drug users are "refusing to work?" I mean, besides goofy you.

Finally, did you just suggest you're keeping me alive? LOL.

My gawd, are you ever horrible at this, Fog.

Again, no one likes you here.... No one has ever been swayed by a word you've ever said here. .... And yet you keep hanging around... You clearly love the role of pariah...

15. Fogbuster

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

As long as you know that not everybody is being hypnotized by the mainstream con job you guys love to think you're pulling....

:D

Walmart was humming as America was humming. Who's to lose what?? Everybody wins.

:singing:................. :singing:

//

16. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

What "mainstream con job," con man? What the F are you talking about? My views are hardly mainstream, and they become more and more verified by every passing week. Read a book.

I asked 5 questions in that previous post, you couldn't answer any one of them.

Yup, it's over.... You're left with one-sentence ambiguity and toothy emotes.

America wasn't "humming" when millions were losing their jobs to outsourcing and consolidation. It was a cancer patient with a nice tan.

Hardly surprising that you'd glow about the wealth of the few and disregard the sufferings of the masses... What a "Christian."

17. Fogbuster

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Yeah, it *did* become a cancer patient ... when it bought Jimmy Carter's and Barney Frank's ridiculous disaster waiting to happen CRA.

And, speaking of "being Christian", are you a Church of God guy, as your reference to "The Trumpet" might suggest??

But, back to the thread you so dearly want to hijack: I say "use drugs, get no tax-payer money. Period." I'm 100% certain the overwhelming majority of tax-payers would agree. Some enablers, like yourself, will not. But that's a given because your idea of the ideal America is one of the free use of drugs and sexual license.

//

18. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

Free use of drugs? Not true at all. While I have advocated relaxed drug laws, I would never make it "legal" to be intoxicated on the job. Get my position correct, or please stop using your made-up version of it to buoy your ridiculous point.

Free sexual license? Not true either. But certainly not at repressive as your ideals, which would likely jail any performer who thrust his/her hips on a stage.

Anyhow, back on point: This country became cancerous when it stopped assigning it's money to a tangible commodity. That happened in 1971, with your hero Richard Nixon.

You understand how money works, correct? You understand that credit, floated by interest, can not represent itself, correct?

19. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +481 / 11 / -7

#91 Jersey

Hey fraud you NEVER did answer this when posted a couple of months ago. You just slithered away quietly.

Subprime scapegoats - The Boston Globe

A GLOBAL financial crisis that began with unsustainable loans to people with bad credit, it was only a matter of time before apologists for Wall Street excesses would try to pin the blame on the poor - and on government policies meant to help them.

Sure enough, the Community Reinvestment Act has emerged in recent weeks as a favorite target of conservatives and others who oppose any government intervention in the market, for it requires banks to lend in neighborhoods they might otherwise avoid....continued

And yet the Community Reinvestment Act has nothing whatsoever to do with the subprime mess.

The law applies specifically to commercial banks, which in recent months have been the least volatile part of the financial-services industry. The measure was passed in 1977 to combat redlining, the practice of banks refusing to write mortgages in poor neighborhoods - even when they were taking deposits from residents of those neighborhoods.

The rest of the links are the actual laws themselves from what i remember. Untainted by by spin masters like yourself.

Community Reinvestment Act had nothing to do with subprime crisis - BusinessWeek

Media Matters - Media conservatives baselessly blame Community Reinvestment Act for foreclosure spike

FFIEC Community Reinvestment Act

FRB: Community Reinvestment Act

OCC: CRA Information

Office of Thrift Supervision - CRA

the CRA has been around since 1977, so it's just now causing a problem? greedy boys are looking for a scapegoat.

tell your pals to educate themselves

20. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

crushed...

again...