PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

How to pick the SB winner? (from another forum)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikey

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
andrewmozz23 - 4:00 PM ET January 25, 2006 (#7112 of 7117)

I am 15-0 in my Super Bowl pics...

Since I am 15-0 in my last 15 Super Bowl pics, I figured I would let you know who is going to win the big game this year.

Since 1991's game where the Giants beat the Bills, what I do to pick a winner is simple:

The team with more letters in their name that has the most letters in the words "SUPER BOWL" has went on to capture the Lombardi Trophy 15 times *!!

Example (last year's game):

Patriots (4) vs. Eagles (3)

# - If tied, then one simply moves to the team's home name (example: New England vs. Carolina) (** - If still tied, then one moves to the last name of the staring QB)

Therefore, this year's game winner will be:

Steelers (4) vs. Seahawks (3)

STEELERS WIN!!!!!

Last edited:
mikey said:

Since I am 15-0 in my last 15 Super Bowl pics, I figured I would let you know who is going to win the big game this year.

Since 1991's game where the Giants beat the Bills, what I do to pick a winner is simple:

The team with more letters in their name that has the most letters in the words "SUPER BOWL" has went on to capture the Lombardi Trophy 15 times *!!

# - If tied, then one simply moves to the team's home name (example: New England vs. Carolina) (** - If still tied, then one moves to the last name of the staring QB)

STEELERS WIN!!!!!

Uhh, what about when the Packers beat the Patriots.

Packers (4)
Patriots (4)

Green Bay (3)
New England (3)

Bledsoe (4)
Favre (2)

That was the first one I tried too. So, my guess is this theory is totally wrong.

What about
SB XXX Dallas 27, Pittsburgh 17

Cowboys - 4
Steelers - 4

Dallas - 2
Pittsburgh = 4

Did I count wrong?

What about when the 49ers beat the Chargers

49ers-3
Chargers-3

San Francisco-3
San Diego-3

Young-2
Humphries-4

it was actually a pretty interesting theory, until you guys shot it down twice... i guess the guy who came up with it wasnt very thorough

PatsWorldChamps said:
it was actually a pretty interesting theory, until you guys shot it down twice... i guess the guy who came up with it wasnt very thorough

Yeah, the guy definitely wasn't thorough. Even the game he mentioned, giants vs. bills, was wrong.

Giants-1
Bills-3

mikey said:

STEELERS WIN!!!!!

Uh..

Super Bowl
(S)t(e)(e)(l)(e)(r)(s)
that's 7, unless he's counting by unique letters, then yeah I can see how he got to 4.
(S)(e)aha(w)k(s)
4, or 3 unique.

As other posters have pointed out, the math seems to be a little off on prior games, unless we're confused about unique letters and total letters as I've pointed out.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey