PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

How to FIGHT BACK 101

Status
Not open for further replies.

PYPER

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
America is a simple entity to manipulate. It's run by the dollar bill.

It all comes down to business. If Patriots Nation wants to fight back then we must focus our attention to one enemy at a time and write letters to the sponsors and advertisers who enable that particular enemy to exist.

We must do to our enemies what the black community did to Imus.

1) Boycott media source.
2) Boycott businesses supporting media source.
3) Form aggressive campaign to remove media source.

It's a simple process. Step one is figuring out which person to make an example out of first.

We need to have a well defined list of our enemies. There are many to choose from but we need to pick someone that makes an easy target. Someone who's not only vulnerable to this type of attack but someone with an obvious agenda that can be exposed for all to see.

Re: How to FIGHT BACK 101:

It all comes down to business. If Patriots Nation wants to fight back then we must focus our attention to one enemy at a time and write letters to the sponsors and advertisers who enable that particular enemy to exist.

1) Boycott media source.

It's a simple process. Step one is figuring out which person to make an example out of first.

We need to have a well defined list of our enemies. There are many to choose from but we need to pick someone that makes an easy target. Someone who's not only vulnerable to this type of attack but someone with an obvious agenda that can be exposed for all to see.

other then Specter?

You know how the Patriots fight back?

WIN THE SUPER BOWL THIS SEASON....................END OF STORY. That will silence a lot of critics and haters.

I just posted to remember to send Pecker's opponent a few bucks :eek: in the next Penn. election. ;)

You know how the Patriots fight back?

WIN THE SUPER BOWL THIS SEASON....................END OF STORY. That will silence a lot of critics and haters.

No it won't. We've been tarnished, labeled as cheaters. This thing isn't going away as long as there Hatriots dominate the airwaves.

From the beginning the problem with this story was that there was never a "fair and balanced" angle. It was always worse-case scenario SPECULATION.

Those networks and/or media sources that contributed to that need to be dealt with.

ESPN is the largest problem. That's public enemy #1. We need to take down Schlareth. We need to take down Jackson. Even Trey Wingo needs to go. We have to destroy the entire NFL Live operation.

No it won't. We've been tarnished, labeled as cheaters. This thing isn't going away as long as there Hatriots dominate the airwaves.

From the beginning the problem with this story was that there was never a "fair and balanced" angle. It was always worse-case scenario SPECULATION.

Those networks and/or media sources that contributed to that need to be dealt with.

ESPN is the largest problem. That's public enemy #1. We need to take down Schlareth. We need to take down Jackson. Even Trey Wingo needs to go. We have to destroy the entire NFL Live operation.

I think maybe, you need to get laid :confused:

seriously, I understand what you're saying, and would love to destroy every enemy we have. It's just not going to solve the problem. There will always be Patriot haters both in the media, and fans, for as long as we keep winning. Not to mention, as long as B.B. keeps being B.B. , people will target him. Personally, I would rather win all our games this season, and just try to ignore the haters.

It's been hard on all of us pats fans, but things could be worse. We could be the lions, or cardinals :rolleyes:

Re: I HAVE GREAT IDEA - SOMEBODY PLEASE POST

HERE is my idea for fighting back - i cannot start my own post because i have less than 50 posts. Lets start a fundraider/webcite call "Holierthanthou" and we will raise $$ for the following: offer to pay for polygraph test and make donation to Spector and Schlereth's favorite charities if they agree to take polygraph where they will only be asked the following:

Schlereth:
1. Did you ever take steroids or HGH?
2. Do you have any knowledge of any of your bronco teamates taking steroids or HGH?
3. Do you really believe pats could effectively use videotapes to help them win in same game that siganls were taped?

Spector:
1. Are any of your actions related to Spygate motivated by your ties to Comcast?
2. Have you ever broken any laws or accepted any illgal campaign contributions?
3. Do you belive the "magic-bullet" theory?

Imagine the outcry if alot of donations were raised and all they needed to do to gte the money to a worthwhile cause was tell the truth!!! which should not be a problem for these 2 saints!!!

Hi! Has anyone dumped their Comcast phone/tv/internet as a result of their $$$ going to support Specter? I have Verizon FIOS and wouldn't go back to Comcast if they were the only provider left. There are other alternatives out there.

I agree with your "hit list" 100%!!

Oh God, how I wish we could take down Mark Schlareth! Bury him up to his neck, cover him with honey and release a colony of killer ants to feast!

Tom Jackson? Effn' YES!

And Trey Wingo just for being named Trey Wingo! Eff him...

Last edited:

1) Boycott media source.

Hey, I'm all for a boycott if it'll help you sleep at night. Just don't fool yourself it will be effective.

Given "their" base is 1 and assuming it is just football fans, not sport fans the Patriot fans are roughly 1/32 of that market. (You aren't specific so no real numbers could be used if I tried. Yes the Patriots probably have more fans than, say the Cardinals, but add the Arizona States and that 1/32 is an overestimate.)

Very roughly that is 3% of the market if you get 100% of Patriot fans on board. (Note: you might get that for Chevy trucks, but Bud Light or Miller Lite might be much less.:))

I agree but...
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/8137630/Time-for-Pats-fans-to-embrace-the-dark-side

Hi! Has anyone dumped their Comcast phone/tv/internet as a result of their $$$ going to support Specter? I have Verizon FIOS and wouldn't go back to Comcast if they were the only provider left. There are other alternatives out there.
Great Idea!

I have been thinking long and hard about what to say to Patriot bashers.

I started a post back when this all started pointing out that other teams have been involved in cheating scandals going back to the beginning of the league, ranging from bounties on players, gambling and salary cap violations. All of which are on par with or worse than video taping signals, but those teams aren't reviled like the Pats have been.

What I think this all boils down to is BB not being a media darling rah-rah type coach. He is notoriously hard for the press to handle, but lacks the type of personality, like Bill Parcells, that would allow him to be forgiven for being difficult. BB is looked at as being arrogant and BP is looked at as being sarcastic , but funny thus forgivable.

In the end I think the best argument for Pats fans to use with 90% of the fans of other teams is: Would you want BB to coach your team over your current coach? I think you would be hard pressed to find many honest KC, SF, Buffalo, Cincinnati, Detroit, MN, Oakland, or Atlanta fans that would tell you that they wouldn't love to have BB coach their team.

For the rest I plan on taking the approach of if it had been your team caught video taping wouldn't you think this whole thing is overblown.

Maybe I am being overly optimistic about the capacity of understanding among other teams fans, or maybe I am under estimating the amount of animosity that fans of other teams have towards BB and the Pats.

For the people (media and fans) that just can't let go of the hate (mostly in NY from what I have seen) there is nothing we can do to change their minds and we will never be able to. I am just going to let it go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down