Welcome to PatsFans.com

How the US funds the Taliban..

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by DarrylS, Nov 13, 2009.

1. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +151 / 3 / -19

A couple of weeks ago there was a very good news story on Frontline, entitled Obama's War... there was some footage of marines walking by piles of poppy (may as well have said send to innercities in US) that they could not destroy as it would have an adverse effect on the "hearts and minds" of the Afghan People.. we want to wint those "hearts and minds" really bad.

This is now an article on how the US funds the Taliban... only convinces me more and more to get out of Afghanistan.. bring our men and women home.

How the US Funds the Taliban

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2009
  2. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +151 / 3 / -19

Gonna bump this, as it only shows why our time in Afghanistan is wasted...
  3. Patsfanin Philly

Patsfanin Philly Rookie

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0

#95 Jersey

Cato Institute had a great article on exiting the 'graveyard of empires'. From the time of Alexander the great, British empire and Soviet Union it has been a clusterf*ck without a functioning government whose economy is largely based on drug trafficking. Time, lives and money are being wasted and I don't see the end game.
    Escaping the "Graveyard of Empires": A Strategy to Exit Afghanistan | Malou Innocent and Ted Galen Carpenter | Cato Institute: White Paper
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2009
  4. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +151 / 3 / -19

Believe I read that before, this whole thing becomes more salient as we prepare to send 34K + troops into this hellhole.....
  5. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +303 / 1 / -9

Again I Say,
    "Sean Penn, John Murtha, Kerry, Sarandon, Jon Stewart, NBC, MSNBC, Katie Couric, Cindy Sheehan and all other blubbering slobbering Bush Hating War Protesters, WHERE ARE YOU.........:confused:
  6. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +142 / 1 / -4

We should get out of Afghanistan, but we will need to have a refuge policy that protects our allies, including the Afghani troops and their families, and allows them to emigrate to the U.S. or other countries. Otherwise, when we leave, we are simply setting those people up for slaughter.