Welcome to PatsFans.com

How the Left rationalizes their accusations

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by khayos, May 6, 2010.

1. khayos

khayos Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

2. apple strudel

apple strudel Banned

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Librul. Liiibrruuul!
  3. khayos

khayos Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

This is the US Chamber of Commerce?
  4. apple strudel

apple strudel Banned

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

All that is presented in that post is a he-said she-said situation with one guy at one website, so of course it makes perfect sense to extrapolate that to all libruls. Sounds like somebody has an agenda. Sweet.
    Last edited: May 6, 2010
  5. khayos

khayos Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

So you're not shocked by the responses from DailyKOS?
  6. apple strudel

apple strudel Banned

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

I'm not shocked by many things. The responses aren't great but neither are they damning unless you're already inclined to think that way. In the end there are two parties who disagree on the facts, the facts still are not plainly established after the exchange, and one party decides that experience is enough to suggest that dailykos routinely distorts the truth, and then you post a thread that suggests that the left routinely distorts the truth. That would seem to be a lot less than truthful, don't you think? Funny how that works. Further, I've seen plenty of corrections on dailykos when it was clear they'd made a mistake. I'm not saying they're perfect, but it's clear that the conclusion here does not follow from the premises.
    Last edited: May 6, 2010
  7. khayos

khayos Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Seems to me the facts were clearly laid out by the defense (though they should have come from the prosecution). But you appear to embody what my subject line was.
  8. chicowalker

chicowalker On the Roster

Ratings:
    +156 / 2 / -2

I'm not surprised when partisan websites, or networks, ignore facts in favor of their agenda.

It's wrong when both sides do it, and based solely on that exchange, I'm inclined to think DailyKos is doing it here.

Funny that your thread claims that this is SOP for "the left," though. And the implication would seem to be that it's only the left. Which is amusing when you have a "news" channel like Fox that routinely makes "mistakes" that portray Dems in a bad light and glorifies guys like O'Keefe, who deliberately edit footage, and commit crimes, to further their agenda.
  9. khayos

khayos Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Heh, yeah I was being a little more than partisan with the title :)
  10. apple strudel

apple strudel Banned

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Ha ha! Claim != evidence. I mean, come on. I'm not saying their claims are false, but they need to support them.
    Of course I do, at least in your eyes - I've seen the way you think and frankly, it's extremely lazy.
  11. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +369 / 8 / -3

#11 Jersey

I think we'd all find more "common ground" if titles were accurate....something like "How the Daily Kos rationalizes their accusations" might do nicely. No one's put on the hot seat - no one's backed into a corner they didn't ask to be put into.

We'd probably all find a lot more in common if we stayed away from words like "all" when, in fact, we are actually describing "some" or even just "one," of anything.

The fact is - not ALL LIBERALS rationalize their accusations. SOME liberals go out of their way to offer stats and statistics, facts and figures. As do SOME conservatives. But, when confronted with a heading such as "how the LEFT rationalizes THEIR accusations" even those liberals who do not stoop to such rationalizations are left with their backs up and their hackles raised.

You're not going to promote a decent dialogue with that kind of falsely inciting introduction because you've already shown pre-judgement.

It doesn't do me any good to come in here and say, "Damn, you're right, what idiots those leftists are," because I'm certainly not going to say something that untrue about myself or any other left leaning individual I know who does not indulge in "tactics," such as those mentioned. I'm already irritated that I've, once again, been lumped unfairly with someone else and I'm not about to feed your fire by agreeing with you about the Kos while trying desperately to disassociate the KOS from the LEFT.

That's something you, as an intelligent human being, should have already had the brains to do for yourself.
  12. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +195 / 7 / -23

Am always amazed that for those who decry the polarization of politics, take comments verbatim from a partisan site to attack another partisan site and then generalize the outcome... this shows a complete lack of intelligence and a reversion to school yard gossip. If so and so said this it must be true, cannot remember anyone posting anything from Daily Kos... so now the right sees an article on a partisan RW site, and assumes it is truth???

Pavlov salivate?????
  13. khayos

khayos Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

US Chamber of Commerce is partisan right-wing?
  14. apple strudel

apple strudel Banned

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

The internet is right there at your finger tips.

United States Chamber of Commerce - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
  15. khayos

khayos Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

16. apple strudel

apple strudel Banned

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Ha ha - the democrats have been routinely accused of being ant-business. Take a look at the members of the USCC board and you'll see that it is 100% a big-business lobby, and its own mission statement puts it squarely in the camp of free marketeers.

Sounds like a Republican speech, doesn't it? You can bet your britches that they oppose most if not all government regulations. But keep pretending things are something they aren't, it's what we've come to expect from you!
  17. khayos

khayos Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

And I've come to expect very little from you except for left wing talking points. Baa baa goes the sheep.
  18. apple strudel

apple strudel Banned

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

I give this post an F. Your homework for the day is to write 3 valid and sound syllogisms, and 3 valid but not sound syllogisms, and 3 invalid syllogisms, describing the formal errors in each of the invalid ones. Next, you are to write 3 inductive arguments, each including at least one error in reasoning. Identify and describe the error and offer suggestions on correcting or re-writing the arguments without errors. Homework is due at 5pm EST Friday, May 7.
    Last edited: May 7, 2010
  19. khayos

khayos Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

You must be an unemployed teacher.

Liiimmmmbaaauuughhhh Liiiimmmmbaaauuuggghhh
  20. apple strudel

apple strudel Banned

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Never taught a class a day in my life. If there were a museum of modern wrongness you'd be well ensconced in its south wing.