PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

How the key contributors for last years team are doing in other pastures..

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarrylS

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
We know Revis will be Revis, no matter where he is.. but how are the other players doing?? Mark Daniels of the Projo came up with some observation on our departed players..

Of all of them would have liked it if Vince had stayed..

It looks like Brandon Browner and Kyle Arrington are really struggling, and hard to tell from afar how Vince is doing as he does not always show up in the box score..

http://www.providencejournal.com/article/20150929/SPORTS/150929253

Brandon Browner has drawn the ire of New Orleans fans so far...

Kyle Arrington has played in all three games with the Baltimore Ravens.. Sunday against Cincinnati. A.J. Green caught 10 passes for 227 yards and two touchdowns

Vince Wilfork has started all three games for the Houston Texans..The Texans’ run defense has been in the middle-of-the-road, ranking 19th in total rushing yards

Is Akeem Ayers hurt? He's got just 3 tackles with the Rams this year.

Last edited:
Word is wilfork is struggling, not sure if true as I've not seen him play but for a few snaps.

Revised is the biggest loss, but I think we have a good core group this year. Certainly better than the one that was on the field for SB 46.

Is Akeem Ayers hurt? He's got just 3 tackles with the Titans this year.
Rams. I did see Casillas out there playing plenty of snaps for the Giants last week.

Revis is now struggling with a hammy, though. Not sure how much it will affect him going forward. He looked great in Week 2 - pure Revis! But if he's starting with a nagging injury...I guess that's why tying up so much cap on one guy can be a real risk.

How's Vereen doing with the Giants?

Revis: Hasn't quite been the dominant island he has been through 3 games. Has had to pull himself out of two games as well.

Wilfork: Decline is evident. Siliga does his job at a fraction of the cost.

Vereen: An overpaid rotational RB in NY.

Ayers: An overpaid decent OLB.

Casillas: Not sure how he's been.

Connolly: Retired

-------------------------------

We upgraded from Vereen and Connolly with Lewis and Kline. Wilfork has been replaced. We upgraded Ayers with Sheard and just traded for Bostic to add LB depth like Casillas was.

We lost a HOF CB. It is what it is. CB1 isn't our problem. Butler looks like a future top 10 CB.

This defense would be unreal with Revis/Butler. Shame Revis didn't want to be a part of a second dynasty.

on another note....Kyle Love seems to be doing well with the Panthers

Obviously many teams (not just the Patriots) disagree with me, but I've always liked Love and saw him as a solid starter around the time his career took a nosedive. Nice to see him recovering.

BB makes the right decisions with vets once again. Revis has had both handy and groin issues so far.

Rams. I did see Casillas out there playing plenty of snaps for the Giants last week.
Thanks for the catch, I had a brain fart.

Arrington isn't meant to go against a number 1 receiver, especially AJ freaking Green. Other teams are so stupid.

on another note....Kyle Love seems to be doing well with the Panthers

Serious or joking? His line doesn't read like he's doing too much damage:
Games: 3 (Games started: 2)
Tackles (combined): 4
Tackles:2
Assists: 2
Sacks: 0.0
Forced fumbles: 0.0

I suppose since his job is probably to clog the lanes and force the play elsewhere, these numbers could be meaningless though.

What happened to him in 2014 (0 games played)? Was he injured or was it his diabetes?

I really can't imagine that the Rams gave Ayers $3 million with the intention of him only playing 21.1% of the defensive snaps and not contributing at all on special teams. Casillas has given the Giants almost twice that percentage on defense (39.7%) and contributed 59 ST snaps (66%) as well. Definitely not what we would have predicted based on their contributions last season.

I will say this....
Not signing Revis to that ridiculous contract was Bill's best move this off season.

Why can't more people understand this? You'd have no Sheard. No McCourty. No Chandler ( this will be good down the road). I'll take those 3 over Revis. Not to mention he's waaaaaaaaay overpaid.

Why can't more people understand this? You'd have no Sheard. No McCourty. No Chandler ( this will be good down the road). I'll take those 3 over Revis. Not to mention he's waaaaaaaaay overpaid.
Not to mention those three guys are in their prime. Revis will decline a little each year which makes his deal even worse for the Jets. You gotta hand it to Woody. He really stuck it to the Patriots this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down