PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

How the 2016 Rookie Pool will work for the New England Patriots

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brilliant work Mr. Benzan. I saw Trollins tweet and I thought it was a little odd to say 5 million. A tad under 1 seems a lot better.

If I had Twitter I'd shoot this to him. Always bad to throw out wrong information.

Brilliant work Mr. Benzan. I saw Trollins tweet and I thought it was a little odd to say 5 million.

Ben tweeted out the total number for the rookie pool. That number is correct. Ben did not say anything about cap space impact.

Ben tweeted out the total number for the rookie pool. That number is correct. Ben did not say anything about cap space impact.

Yes, but his responsibility as a journalist is to anticipate how that information will be interpreted and misinterpreted, and provide context and detail to ensure proper interpretation. Instead, he just tweeted out a fact. That's not being a journalist, that's being a digital participant.

So what are the odds that next time Goodell levies a draft pick penalty the team loses the draft pick while still being forced to pay for the draft slot that was vacated? His authority must be fully impactful!

So what are the odds that next time Goodell levies a draft pick penalty the team loses the draft pick while still being forced to pay for the draft slot that was vacated? His authority must be fully impactful!

Please man, the last thing we need is for this forum to be feeding the NFL front office any ideas.

I will just point out that I wasn't far off when I said this in late March:

For the record, the rule of thumb I've used is that it takes an amount roughly equal to the signing bonus prorations for every player drafted in the first four rounds (about $880K here).

thnx miguel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes