• Wide Receiver

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • Best Available Player of above

Votes: 38 47.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
mgcolby said:
I hear BC has a defensive end that could be the 2nd coming of Willie ;)

I believe Kiwanuka has said he wants to play with his hand on the ground, and will not play the hybrid "elephant" position, like Willie, or more recently Merriman and Ware. Though BC often had him drop back into coverage on passing downs, his strength is his pass rushing abilities. He might be available when the Patriots pick, but there's a reason for that. He did next to nothing at BC this past season, and lack of consistency has been a huge problem his entire career. He's a physical specimen, but he's also raw and a boom or bust prospect. I don't see him as a Patriot.

PATSNUTme said:
When you guys sober up, you'll be ashamed of yourselves.
And you'll be pissing your pants watching Reggie and the Jets tear us to pieces in 5 years. If only we could somehow get him.

drew4008 said:
Trade Seymour, a 3rd rounder and whatever 1st rounder we have to get the top pick and grab Reggie Bush. :D
seymour alone is worth more than reggie bush; the difference between an all-pro RB and an average RB is not as big as the dif between an all-pro DT/DE and an average one... and we dont even know if bush will be an all-pro (but i think he will be); we know seymour is...

look at it the other way; if you could trade your #1 pick (probably bush), for the pats #1 (probably #32), plus a 3rd, plus arguably the best DL in FB (who isnt even in his prime), wouldnt you do it?
seymour isnt in his last year here, he will be franchised for the next 5 years if they cant work a deal.

Last edited:
Mathias Kiwanuka, was hurt this year, after a cheap shot from Brad Butler (UVA #69) to the knee

He is a speed rusher, so with a leg injury his numbers are going to be lower, and he had a hell of a game on senior night at Alumni when he was much closer to full health...IMO he will have a strong combine...

He will not be there for the pats so we can forget about him...

--

PatsWorldChamps is right, i do that deal in a sec. i dunno if i even include my teams first round pick, Bush isnt worth one of the best DEs in the NFL and my first round pick and my third...he is not proven yet at the NFL level (OT - the PAC-10 has some weak tacklers)

If you are the Texans and you have the first round pick, trade down because they have Dom Davis, who before he got hurt was tearing it up behind a terrible O-line, plus you might be able to get a first round pick for the next two years if a team is desp. enough

drew4008 said:
And you'll be pissing your pants watching Reggie and the Jets tear us to pieces in 5 years. If only we could somehow get him.
There is no way we are getting him. We might as well not even think about the possibility of it.

drew4008 said:

Is he going to be as good as Gale Sayers? As good as he was, the Bears never won with him, and they had **** Butkus at the same time. Two hall of famers, even those guys, don't guarantee anything if the rest of the team sucks.

PATSNUTme said:
When you guys sober up, you'll be ashamed of yourselves.

I was sober when I wrote it. I've changed my mind. I think we should trade all of our draft picks through to the year 2100 for this guy. He is a dead cert, in 2007, to break the million yards per season record that he will have set in the 2006 season. His YPC will only be dependent on his team's field position when they get the ball back. His all purpose yards will be measured in billions and he will be the first RB in history to have broken every single record without ever being successfully tackled. THAT's why I think we should, a la Mike Ditka, give up every draft pick for him.

Seriously, he does look good in highlight films but I also wouldn't trade up for him. It takes one bad injury......

Best player available

I'd love to see what Montana - er I mean Brady - could do if he had a Jerry Rice on his team, but I think you trade or go FA for that caliber of player

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots