PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

How rigged is the NBA

Celtics win tonight and take a 2-1 lead in the series ... NBA definitely not rigged tonight. :p:p:p

More games = more money in the NBA's pocket. You can only fix a game if it's close. If its a blowout, the fix would be too obvious.

If they rig it like they did last year, they'll let the Heat play the way they have been until the Finals, then make it so that they can't so much as breathe on Durant or Westbrook. As for your post, I don't think they'll even have to rig it. Miami's top competition in the playoffs is now the Celtics... and those legs have logged a lot of minutes.

Just would like to note that this post was made prior to watching LeBron sh!t the bed AGAIN last night. Misses two key free throws then has an open look in the paint and defers to Battier, something that I'm getting tired of watching, then stands on the three point line watching the action unfold in front of him on the last possession of the game. Today he tries to excuse it by saying that playing PF is "taxing". Really? And running the point isn't? I think we'll get by the Pacers. It'll be in six or seven games and it'll be grueling. But if Bosh doesn't return for the ECF, then it doesn't matter how old those legs are. The C's will just sit in the 2-3 zone all game and Garnett will have his way.

That was the most piss poor sham of officiating I have ever seen. They couldn't have made it more blatantly obvious who they were favoring if they tried.
The thing that annoys me Kontra is not so much the heartache for fans but the heartache for the players. Realistically, we live vicariously through their highs and lows. Officials influence the outcomes of games that affect their careers. That's what gripes me.

Another demonstration of the equalization policy employed in the NBA. Celtics totally dominating the 76ers and out come the phantom whistles.

Another demonstration of the equalization policy employed in the NBA. Celtics totally dominating the 76ers and out come the phantom whistles.

It's the NBA..what do you expect

Tonight just goes to show the NBAs agenda. Trying to get it to as many games as possible..so many non calls on philly down the stretch...unbelievable

Tonight just goes to show the NBAs agenda. Trying to get it to as many games as possible..so many non calls on philly down the stretch...unbelievable
The non-calls contributed but the Celtics were pathetic in the second half. They played like the Harlem Globetrotters out there.

Last edited:
The non-calls contributed but the Celtics were pathetic in the second half. They played like the Harlem Globetrotters out there.

I mean the C's arn't a team that can win the finals or even make the finals.. But they should beat the crap team in the 76ers no problems..but nope..making it a 7 game series that they could still very well lose which would mean an easy road to finals for heat

Terrible officiating + Turnovers + a pathetic minus-24 from Ray Allen = a 2-2 series tie.

I mean the C's arn't a team that can win the finals or even make the finals.. But they should beat the crap team in the 76ers no problems..but nope..making it a 7 game series that they could still very well lose which would mean an easy road to finals for heat

Completely disagree. The Celtics are the favorite to make the finals, IMO. But they will be lucky to last 5 games with whoever wins the West.

Completely disagree. The Celtics are the favorite to make the finals, IMO. But they will be lucky to last 5 games with whoever wins the West.
I struggle to see anyone from the East competing with San Antonio or Oklahoma. Their starters are better than the East starters and their benches could be starters for the East.

Miami is still the favorite..and the way Boston plays on O for those 6-7 min stretches where they don't even try...

They will be lucky to win this series against a crap team which is sad.

A win like this for philly can change a series completely..

Miami is still the favorite..and the way Boston plays on O for those 6-7 min stretches where they don't even try...

They will be lucky to win this series against a crap team which is sad.

A win like this for philly can change a series completely..

Philly isn't a crap team. They actually match up better with the C's than the Heat do, whether or not Bosh plays. The C's have no answer for Thaddeus Young.

the celtics never ever do anything easy. the hope with the celtics is they have a tendency to play better against the top teams. they struggle against teams they should beat. even the year they won the title they went 7 games with the hawks. i could see them in the finals but i could also see them losing to the sixers. they drive me crazy.

All Calls on the Celtics in the 2nd and 3rd Quarters - YouTube!

Kennedy and Foster take over Game 4.

Celts still should've won - embarrassing effort by everyone, including Doc who really dropped the ball last nite.

But again that officiating was so bad I really question things.
For a guy pulling in 7 million from the Celtics, Doc has a lot of questionable nights when he sets line ups and modifies them during the game. He needs to be better strategically.

Last edited:
Philly isn't a crap team. They actually match up better with the C's than the Heat do, whether or not Bosh plays. The C's have no answer for Thaddeus Young.

If Chicago had Rose..we wouldn't even be playing philly..so for the second round of the playoffs..they are a crap team.

In case you haven't noticed, the Heat are struggling mightily with the Pacers. Let's not pencil them into the next round (let alone the Finals) just yet.

I struggle to see anyone from the East competing with San Antonio or Oklahoma. Their starters are better than the East starters and their benches could be starters for the East.

With Bosh, Miami matches up better with OKC than any team in the NBA. A healthy Heat and Celtics teams would also match up well with the Spurs, who have had the easiest road in the playoffs thus far.

If Chicago had Rose..we wouldn't even be playing philly..so for the second round of the playoffs..they are a crap team.

If Chicago had Rose, Boston would be looking at a 4 or 5 game exit this round. So if Philly is crap, Boston is crap too, and the 2-2 tie between those two "crap" teams shouldn't surprise you at all.

In case you haven't noticed, the Heat are struggling mightily with the Pacers. Let's not pencil them into the next round (let alone the Finals) just yet.

With Bosh, Miami matches up better with OKC than any team in the NBA. A healthy Heat and Celtics teams would also match up well with the Spurs, who have had the easiest road in the playoffs thus far.
I'm yet to see a series where the starters play 48 minutes for each and every game.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back