PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

How our OFFENSE has changed since our last SuperBowl

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNathanDrake

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
1. We had Nick Kaczur starting at RT. He was never a good player. From Day 1 fans were begging for him to be replaced. I was actually surprised he lasted as long as he did. Now we have Nate Solder at RT. A much better pass blocker than Kaczur ever was.

2. Brady to Moss for deep throws. Brady to Welker for short 1st downs. Like it or not, Moss is what made our old Offense. We relied on a few long bombs to Moss. He disappeared in those playoffs. Now we're built around the 2 TE's, Gronkowski and Hernandez. It also took longer to drop back and throw a long pass than it does to throw short passes. I don't see Brady taking as much punishment as he did in the last SuperBowl.

3. No huddle Offense. No one seems to mention this, but we do it very often and effectively this year. I don't recall it at all in 2007. This will help tire out the Giants defense. They are, however, the team that was caught faking injuries earlier this year to slow down an offense.... I have no doubt they will flop in the SuperBowl if our no huddle offense is too much for them. The big question is: Will refs do anything about it?

1. We had Nick Kaczur starting at RT. He was never a good player. From Day 1 fans were begging for him to be replaced. I was actually surprised he lasted as long as he did. Now we have Nate Solder at RT. A much better pass blocker than Kaczur ever was.

2. Brady to Moss for deep throws. Brady to Welker for short 1st downs. Like it or not, Moss is what made our old Offense. We relied on a few long bombs to Moss. He disappeared in those playoffs. Now we're built around the 2 TE's, Gronkowski and Hernandez. It also took longer to drop back and throw a long pass than it does to throw short passes. I don't see Brady taking as much punishment as he did in the last SuperBowl.

3. No huddle Offense. No one seems to mention this, but we do it very often and effectively this year. I don't recall it at all in 2007. This will help tire out the Giants defense. They are, however, the team that was caught faking injuries earlier this year to slow down an offense.... I have no doubt they will flop in the SuperBowl if our no huddle offense is too much for them. The big question is: Will refs do anything about it?

4. We can run it if we have to.

5. Waters/Connolly is a big upgrade over Hochstein/Koppen

6. OchoCinco Baby!

I wouldn't mind seeing Brady roll out to the right once in a while to mitigate the pass rush up the middle and to tire those pass rushers out trying to chase him a little further. I always liked when he rolled out, gives him room to survey the field, easier to avoid hits, less chance of batted down balls. Hopefully BOB has some time to put in some wrinkles like this to keep the Giants D off balance - unacceptable to lose to this team again.

Having no deep threat is really going to hurt....cb doesn't have to back off ect.

As well as giants wrs are better than the last time

Having no deep threat is really going to hurt....cb doesn't have to back off ect.

As well as giants wrs are better than the last time

Strahan is gone. Osi isnt as good as he was before.

Pierre Paul is a beast though. Tuck is still there. Kiwanuka is really good.

Their linebackers aren't as good now. But their Safeties are better then they were in 2007.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots