Welcome to PatsFans.com

How One Day Can Change You

Discussion in 'The PatsFans.com Pub' started by mavfan2390, Jul 25, 2006.

1. mavfan2390

mavfan2390 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Today and yesterday I went with my dads' friend who is an Orthopedic Tech, and helped him out at Del Sol Hospital here in El Paso. First let me say it was an amazing experience, I got to see the Miracles of God at its' finest, while at the same time learning a lot. The skills of these doctors are amazing, and God has truly blessed this country. I got to see three different surgeries in the operating room which was amazing. However, the most important thing I learned was that you can never ever take anything for granted. Give thanks to God for every blessing you have, and never be bitter, because there is always someone in a tougher situation. Anyways, there is an experience that I'd like to share. First, early in the morning a 77 year old lady fell from her wheelchair and was brought by ambulance to Del Sol. She spent much of the morning in the ER with her husband by her holding her and sobbing. I was deeply touched by seeing what was obviously true love, and I wished I could have comforted the man. Later on, his wife was moved to ICU, and he was informed it would be at least 24 hours before he was allowed to see her, yet he stuck around in the waiting room quietly sobbing. Later, around lunch, I saw him and got a chance to speak with him, his eyes weren't in the greatest shape, so he asked me to read from the Bible for him. I opened his Bible to a random page, and the first verse I read was this:

But my God shall supply all your needs according to His riches in Glory by Christ Jesus.

Philippians 4: 19.