PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

How often do the Pats give up 32 pts in a half?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GameDay

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
About 0.086%, or 1 out of 116 times. FWIW.

I have three colleagues who are not Pats fans (niners, giants).

They were just as dumbfouned as I was.

Attachments

• point half.jpg
    point half.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 220
Given Belichick has coached 126 games with the Pats, I guess he was overdue.

Last edited:
21-3 lead man, I was fine last night after the loss. It didn't hurt as much as the one in Denver but when I went to sleep, it just really hit me. Just tossing and turning the whole night and thinking about this game.

Remember SB38? All season, the Pats had not given up any touchdowns over 30 yards. Then the Panthers score THREE. I find it frustrating that there are two huge games in recent years where the Pats D goes completely against the grain in a downward spiral after having not done so all year. At least they only lost one of them (last night).

Regards,
Chris

Goes to how that you were simply lucky against San Diego. Add choking to BB's and Brady's legacy.

:D

Sure, kick 'em while they're down.

Our Chargers choked just as badly. Why do you have to troll back over here and gloat?

Goes to how that you were simply lucky against San Diego. Add choking to BB's and Brady's legacy.

Kung Pow,

Add no social life to what is I'm sure is a long list of failures in your life.

Now shut the **** up and go make me some General's Chicken.

The no huddle possession game is deadly to big defenses, especially in a heated dome against debiltated players in the 23rd game of the season. The exact same thing happened to the vaunted '03 defense vs. the Colts, when they blew a 31-10 lead halfway through the 3rd quarter before ekeing it out 38-34, and in the SB that year vs. Carolina. Remember, the Pats D players are BIGGER than everyone else in the league, and their stamina suffers as a result, especially along the D-line, the OLB crew, and the aging ILBs. The O must possess the ball in the 2nd half to relieve pressure from the D. In their limited opportunities they mostly failed, due to a surprisingly feisty Colts D, a brutal homefield advantage, and injuries to Faulk. With all that they should have won the game.

Given Belichick has coached 126 games with the Pats, I guess he was overdue.

... at the worse probable time. I can't believe if physical condition (flu, heat, exhaustion) wouldn't have anything to do with it.

And to think they were one FD from winning. FWIW, the probablity for Pats to win after being scored on 38 pts was 9.7%.

Remember SB38? All season, the Pats had not given up any touchdowns over 30 yards. Then the Panthers score THREE. I find it frustrating that there are two huge games in recent years where the Pats D goes completely against the grain in a downward spiral after having not done so all year. At least they only lost one of them (last night).

Regards,
Chris

My colleagues' theory for such phenomena (not just in Pats' games) is that once an offense or defense discovers the other team's weakness (especially if they use smoke and mirror), they'll keep on exploiting it till the other finds way to adjust.

My colleagues' theory for such phenomena (not just in Pats' games) is that once an offense or defense discovers the other team's weakness (especially if they use smoke and mirror), they'll keep on exploiting it till the other finds way to adjust.

I'd agree with that.

I even go further and say {much to my chagrin} Manning did exactly that and destroyed us as a result. I goota give him credit, He put us in "shoot out" mode. He had biiger bullets than we did considering he was throwing to 2 #1 receivers {and a compliment of a few others} and a good TE. We were throwing to a couple of 2's or 3's and a good TE. No chance.

Regards,
Chris

A few things both games had in common. Our secondary was decimated. Both Rodney Harrison and Wilson were injured. I forget we had back there, and I'm sure the names are wrong, but really it doesn't matter. Rashad Baker, Hason Graham, Earthwin Moreland, Antwan Harris, Eric Alexander, etc.

I also think the Colts benefited from being aggressive because of their weakness on defense. They had to throw caution to the wind, they did and it worked.

The Partiots being ahead most of the game were not about to risk run blitzes and the like, as the Colts did.

When it was 28-21, I was saying to my friends that the patriots should play 6 DBs for the rest of the game, with Sanders and Chad Scott run blitzing and taking the TEs. Let Hobbs, Samuel, and Baker/Hawkins deal with the WRs. Have the 2 linebackers stare down the running back while the other one blitzes.

It was simply time for 4 down lineman, Colvin and Vrabel. Bruschi sitting unfortunately, and Alexander out of the game.

This was something I was wondering myself... I can't ever recall it happening, especially and then losing too... I guess when your D is on the field practically the whole 3rd quarter and most of the 4th, it's bound to happen... Golly, though, they are always good at finishing games...

Do you type with one hand and wank with the other when posting.

Is your life better now that the Colts are in the Super Bowl?

If it is you are a zero ... why have you not been here before zero?
if you choke in the Super bowl will you be back?

So what is your name on a Colts board? Let's see if you are a real fan zero.

THE BEST DEFENSE IS A GOOD OFFENSE​

So very true NEM, so very true... I keep doing the " What ifs" and the one What if is: What if they were able to convert on that second to last 3rd down in the 4th? Would we have won? Been able to run the clock out? etc... I hate What ifs... They played their heart out, gotta give them that... It's still disappointing though...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back