PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

How "off the charts" is Brady and his TD pace?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bobs My Uncle

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
After hearing Jaws state (last night) that he only has passed for 27 TD's once in his career I wondered how some of the other notable QB's compared to Brady when it comes to TD's passed for.

Brady has 27 TD's after 7 games thus far.

Here is a listing of notable QB's who have NOT thrown for more than 27 TD's in a SEASON in their entire career. I have put their best seasonal TD total in ( )

Troy Aikman (23)
John Elway (27)
Ron Jaworski (27)
Terry Bradshaw (28)
Drew Bledsoe (28)
Bernie Kosar (22)
Roger Staubach (27)
Phil Simms (22)

And of Brady's contemporaries:

M Brunell (23)
Drew Brees (27)
T Green (27)
Rich Gannon (28)
M Hasselback (26)
B Johnson (26)
S McNair (24)

And the following is a listing of all time great QB's and the number of times they have passed for more than 27 TD's in a season.

D Fouts (33,30)
J Kelly (33)
J Montana (31)
F Tarkenton (29)
W Moon (33, 33)
S Young (35, 36, 29)
D Marino (48, 30, 30, 28)
P Manning (33, 29, 49, 31)

My predicition is Brady ends the season with 43 TD's and 8 Int's with a 65% comp % and just over 4000 yards in passing.

Very nice MVP numbers!!!!

I just do not see how he can keep up this pace for one, and two how he can maintain this production in the cold weather, rain, sleet and possibly snow.

Manning and Marino had the same advantage, that at least 8 of their 16 games were played in either a dome or in a very nice climate. Brady does not have the luxury. Now, if the month of November and December are as mild as it was last year, than maybe, maybe he has a shot, but I don't see it happening.

The pace Brady is on is sick. 11 TD's alone in the last 2 games. Pretty special stuff, but that cannot continue, that is just too much to ask for and not our ultimate goal which is wins. We need to start establishing a running game as the season wears on. Putting it up in the air is great and will continue, but it just won't at this pace.

And the following is a listing of all time great QB's and the number of times they have passed for more than 27 TD's in a season.

D Fouts (33,30)
J Kelly (33)
J Montana (31)
F Tarkenton (29)
W Moon (33, 33)
S Young (35, 36, 29)
D Marino (48, 30, 30, 28)
P Manning (33, 29, 49, 31)

Good list, missed a few though.

Marino had a 44 TD season and Favre has thrown over 27 a ton of times.

Favre (39, 38, 35, 33, 32, 32, 31, 30, 27)

I am a Bengals fan (thanks for the ass whooping!) and we have a pretty good Qb too, but DAMN!
Brady will surely shatter Peyton's record this year.
What a difference some key WR acqusitions make for an already excellent football team!
Thank you autodraft for granting me the services of Tom Brady on my fantasy team....7-0 and still rolling!
Good luck you guys...while it's hard to like the Patriots as a non-fan due to the non-stop media schlobfest, it isn't like the Pats haven't earned it...they are going to go down as one of the best dynasties of all time at this rate!

...so Brady's averaging just under 4 TDs a game at this point with 27 over 7 games.

I find it no stretch of the imagination at all to think he'll EASILLY average 3 per game through the rest of the season.

Our RBs are banged up and we have a friggen 6' 4" goal line WR - not to mention the skills that Stallworth and Welker bring - not to mention the goal line TD skills of K. Brady and Vrabel (who was in for goal line stands again on Sunday).

... so 3 TDs per game over the last 9 games = another 27 - or 54 for the season for those who like to count.

In other words, I think Brady's going to have to try NOT to break the TD record at this point if he's not interested in that record.

He will break the record. We have too many offensive weapons for him to slow down significantly. He doesn't have to try, our WR will create plenty of opportunities to score passing TD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes