Welcome to PatsFans.com

How Obama avoided Blagojevich

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Patters, Dec 12, 2008.

1. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +294 / 12 / -10

This article from the Washington Post shows the lengths Obama went through to avoid any association with Blagojevich and how Obama has set up his own political operations largely independent from the corrupt Chicago machine. It lends evidence to those who believe that Obama is young enough not to be caught up in the cynicism of politics, and that his honesty and idealism are genuine.

washingtonpost.com

Like every other politician in Illinois, Gov. Rod Blagojevich waited for Barack Obama's call this summer. He told colleagues that he expected a speaking role at the 2008 Democratic National Convention, a nice bit of payback for being the first governor to endorse the senator from Illinois in his campaign for president....

Obama's campaign made speaking offers to the Illinois treasurer, the comptroller, the attorney general and a Chicago city clerk.... Finally, fed up and embarrassed that he still had heard nothing, Blagojevich joked to a crowd at the Illinois State Fair that, yes, he also had been asked to speak -- at 4 a.m., in a Denver area men's bathroom.

2. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +430 / 12 / -27

Who would his audience be, Larry Craig???..

In Grant Park he was nowhere to be seen, the inside folks must have known of his potential..

3. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Hall of Fame Poster

Ratings:
    +417 / 4 / -15

#18 Jersey

To me, Obama is one of those men who somehow are able to gain wisdom beyond their experience and age. I really like the man so far. I don't agree with everything he wants to do, but if I ask myself what would I do in his shoes...the only answer I come up with is

.......RUN!!!!!!! :eek: