Votes: 23 19.2%
  • A Little When I think about the Game

Votes: 36 30.0%
  • Not Nervous at All

Votes: 38 31.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm steeping my Bloody Mary mix as I type this. It's 5PM here on the west coast.

I will need to drink a half bottle of Two Buck Chuck before bed then take a 30MG temazapan so I will be able to sleep. Up at 6AM and on the runnung trail for 5 miles...back to the house, into the shower, go through my Patriots gear dressing ritual....3 Super Bowl T-shirt, blue Randy Moss game shirt, flannel shirt over that, blue Tom Brady game shirt over that, and my 2002 coaches windbreaker over that...Super Bowl 38 slouch cap....then a super Bloody Mary and whatever the bride has cooked up for breakfast. Then the game.....the big game...the really BIG game...GO PATRIOTS!!!!!

If both teams "bring their game", New England wins by 21 or more. They are a healthier, more talented team, at home, in temperatures they are familiar with and haven't been traveling across the nation 2 weeks in a row. The key to this game for the Chargers is for them to "bring their game" and hope Brady and the Patriots don't.
Disagree. Part of the Bolts game is about disrupting the O and forcing mistakes. If the Bolts can do that effectively NE loses. In the end it's always about D.

The biggest X factor in this game is NE's experience and their uncanny ability to raise their game when it counts the most. Take the Ravens game for example. NE was prepared to accept defeat in that game. But the Ravens opened the door and NE marched right through it. The Bolts understand NE's traits about as well as any team out there. If it comes to that, I like the Bolts chances. Call me a homer. ;)

Disagree. Part of the Bolts game is about disrupting the O and forcing mistakes. If the Bolts can do that effectively NE loses. In the end it's always about D.

The biggest X factor in this game is NE's experience and their uncanny ability to raise their game when it counts the most. Take the Ravens game for example. NE was prepared to accept defeat in that game. But the Ravens opened the door and NE marched right through it. The Bolts understand NE's traits about as well as any team out there. If it comes to that, I like the Bolts chances. Call me a homer. ;)

You're either not reading my post, or you aren't thinking it through. New England doesn't turn the ball over. As a matter of fact, however, even when they did turn it over last year, the Patriots still won the game. I didn't say that the Chargers had no shot to win. I simply pointed out what anyone who's not visually impaired could see by watching tape of the past 2 games between these teams. If New England and San Diego both play at their respective best, New England will blow the Chargers out.

As for the Ravens game, your comment pretty much proves that you just don't understand this New England team. This year's Patriots are never ready to accept defeat.

Last edited:

What makes you think this? Also your definition of the Super Chargers "bringing their game" requires that the Pats fail in one aspect of theirs. It seems to be logically impossible for both teams to "bring their game." And for the record I think it will be a close game until the fourth quarter.

While this may be true, we here in New England have heard this EXACT mantra every week this season. They have become cliches-- "All they have to do is get pressure on Brady!" or "If they force a few turn overs..." and it hasn't happened. Now, as I've said in my previous posts, the Bolts certainly have a chance. But I think that it's been proven this season that this whole "blue print" of getting pressure on Brady, making the O line fail, blitzing-- whatever-- has not worked.

People bring up the fact that the Bolts have gotten more turn overs than anyone. They don't mention that the majority of those picks/turnovers came against sub-par teams (with the exception of the Colts-- and I certainly give SD credit for having the Colts number as they always have). On the other hand, the Patriots have the FEWEST turnovers of any team and they played (and beat) seven playoff teams so far.

Last edited:
Not nervous at all here. After all, I am not playing in the game, Just sitting on the couch drinking beer. I am however ready for the game to get here already!

Win or loose, Drink da booze.............
JIGA

I'm speaking as a life long Patriots fan:

In 2001, the Rams were a much better team than the Patriots. The Pats took it all with heart and some great coaching. But that season should serve as hubris for any Pats fan. No one picked the Patriots in any of their play-off games and it was LAUGHABLE that the Patriots were going to beat the Rams in the Super Bowl.

Make no mistake, the Chargers CAN beat the Patriots. To think it's impossible is to forget the year that started it all for the Patriots.

Good point.

It is this very thing that makes me nervous.

While I believe the Pats are a better team then the Chargers, I also know for sure that the difference Between this Patriot team and the Chargers is much smaller then the difference Between the 2001 Rams and the 2001 Patriots.

Any given Sunday.

Look no further then the fact that the team that came the closest to beating the Pats, the Ravens, is also the only team to lose to the Dolphins this season.

So yes, I am nervous as all get out.

Up until this past Sunday, I avoided football between games mostly.

I try to put my mind on other things.

I am a musician and have a home recording studio so I have been putting a large amount of time into that to keep my mind off the game.

Up until last Sunday it has worked rather well.

But since the Colts lost to the Chargers I have not been able to get my mind off the game.

I probably will only eat breakfast and a late dinner tommorow.

While this may be true, we here in New England have heard this EXACT mantra every week this season. They have become cliches-- "All they have to do is get pressure on Brady!" or "If they force a few turn overs..." and it hasn't happened. Now, as I've said in my previous posts, the Bolts certainly have a chance. But I think that it's been proven this season that this whole "blue print" of getting pressure on Brady, making the O line fail, blitzing-- whatever-- has not worked.

People bring up the fact that the Bolts have gotten more turn overs than anyone. They don't mention that the majority of those picks/turnovers came against sub-par teams (with the exception of the Colts-- and I certainly give SD credit for having the Colts number as they always have). On the other hand, the Patriots have the FEWEST turnovers of any team and they played (and beat) seven playoff teams so far.
Yea, I understand all this.

On paper the pats are the superior team and there's no question they should win. But I think you can throw the numbers out the window for this game. I'm viewing this game more like a div rivalry game. How many times have we seen a div rival rise up and pull out an unexpected win?

As for the Ravens game, your comment pretty much proves that you just don't understand this New England team. This year's Patriots are never ready to accept defeat.
I suppose it's a matter of perspective. From my perspective if Ryan doesn't call the TO, game over, and the pats accept defeat.

I suppose it's a matter of perspective. From my perspective if Ryan doesn't call the TO, game over, and the pats accept defeat.

The Ravens game was NOT a playoff game...might be true IF IT was...Not sure if it is just about turnovers unless the Bolts play close to a perfect game..it'll be lights out.. X factor?? How about teh Chargers NON experience in big games..I think THAT is more important...Maybe a homer with Bolt colored glasses.....how about that?

come on u can honestly say the injured chargers can match up with New England at this point..i understand the chargers are on a winning streak but i dont care how good the chargers defense is..brady has far too many weapons for them to cover..in my opinion NE will win by 14-21

The Ravens game was NOT a playoff game...might be true IF IT was...Not sure if it is just about turnovers unless the Bolts play close to a perfect game..it'll be lights out.. X factor?? How about teh Chargers NON experience in big games..I think THAT is more important...Maybe a homer with Bolt colored glasses.....how about that?

come on u can honestly say the injured chargers can match up with New England at this point..i understand the chargers are on a winning streak but i dont care how good the chargers defense is..brady has far too many weapons for them to cover..in my opinion NE will win by 14-21

I voted for "A lot when I think about the game".

But because I think about the game all the time, perhaps I should have voted for "A lot all the time".

As I mentioned in a previous thread, right now I feel like the Three Stooges: 6 7/8 (out of 10).

By gametime, I'll be feeling like Spinal Tap:11.

I am always nervous before a game like this, what if... but inwardly confident, glad it is not the late game.

Woke up @ 3:00 AM thinking about it, always wonder how Brady slept.. but him being so cool, know he is better at this than I.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back