PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

How nervous are you about the Bills game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I expect to see a different Brady this week a Brady fueled by fire and a desire to be the best. The Brady we seen when we lost to the browns or after losing to the giants last year during the regular season. I think we win and win well.

Why on Earth would you want to see a different Brady than the one that was carving up the Ravens?

If we lose this game, we as fans should probably come to grips with the very real possibility that we would be thoroughly in the downswing of a dynasty. Since I don't think that's the case (mainly because I'm of the opinion that Brady is still on top of his game, shoddy O-Line and all) and I expect a thorough blowout of the overrated Bills, I'm not nervous at all.

I don't agree with the downside concept, really. This is just a very young team - like 10th youngest in the NFL. The Patriots are starting five guys on offense with three or less years in the league and 6 guys on defense with three or fewer years in the league. That's half of the starters and not an insigificant number of backups. I like this team for the present and future quite a bit.

If we get the Patriots' offense against the Ravens and the defense against the Titans, the Pats will blow Buffalo out. If we get the Pats' defense against the Ravens and the offense against the Cardinals, Buffalo blows New England out.

This has all the makings of an inconsistent, young team. Last season, the Patriots defense got consistently better after the purge of Haynesworth and others, so I feel that this team will improve week-to-week as well. It would be nice if the improvement started this week.

I will continue to be nervous until we show some consistency on both sides of the ball. This team has the potential to be great, but they continuously disappoint.

Should win by 10-14....that being said If we can't get pressure on Fitzy he will tear up the secondary....even with his mediocare weapons. The guy is hot. The banged up RB's is gonna hurt them.
I'm so glad Spiller is out, cuz I honestly think it would be much closer game, and maybe even a Loss if he was playing.

I don't agree with the downside concept, really. This is just a very young team - like 10th youngest in the NFL. The Patriots are starting five guys on offense with three or less years in the league and 6 guys on defense with three or fewer years in the league. That's half of the starters and not an insigificant number of backups. I like this team for the present and future quite a bit.

If we get the Patriots' offense against the Ravens and the defense against the Titans, the Pats will blow Buffalo out. If we get the Pats' defense against the Ravens and the offense against the Cardinals, Buffalo blows New England out.

This has all the makings of an inconsistent, young team. Last season, the Patriots defense got consistently better after the purge of Haynesworth and others, so I feel that this team will improve week-to-week as well. It would be nice if the improvement started this week.

We'll be 1-3 against a team that we've beaten with record setting regularity during the dynasty years, competing for last place in the division with the record there being 0-1, having only gone against the "easy" part of our schedule. How would that not signal a team on the downswing of a dynasty?

Are the starters really "young" in NFL games, though?

Unsure. Isn't Mark Sanchez just developing as a young QB and we should be patient on his HOF trajectory career?

We'll be 1-3 against a team that we've beaten with record setting regularity during the dynasty years, competing for last place in the division with the record there being 0-1, having only gone against the "easy" part of our schedule. How would that not signal a team on the downswing of a dynasty?

A few things:
  • Even if the Pats go sub .500 this season, there is no guarantees this is there is the downswing of a dynasty. There are still a lot of young and inexperienced pieces of this team that could be great. Most teams who are strong Super Bowl contenders on a regular basis like the Steelers have years where they are mediocre before they rebound back into contention. The Pats could say 8-8 this year and then win the next two Super Bowls.
  • As for teams the Pats have regularly beaten during the dyanasty, that is overblown. The Pats should have lost to the Ravens in the regular season of 2009 except for a bonehead time out call by Rex Ryan. Also, teams like the Bills were horrible most of the Pats' dynasty and have gotten better.

As long as McCourty is no way near Stevie Johnson we have a chance...if he is we'll be 1-3.:mad:

As long as McCourty is no way near Stevie Johnson we have a chance...if he is we'll be 1-3.:mad:

Yes, because putting McCourty on Larry Fitzgerald most of the game vs. the Cards killed us. :rolleyes:

I forgot the Pats were playing the Bills; hence, not worried!....

Yes, because putting McCourty on Larry Fitzgerald most of the game vs. the Cards killed us. :rolleyes:

McCourty's stock is going down Rob...sell and sell quickly...you were warned.

Should win by 10-14....that being said If we can't get pressure on Fitzy he will tear up the secondary....even with his mediocare weapons. The guy is hot. The banged up RB's is gonna hurt them.
I'm so glad Spiller is out, cuz I honestly think it would be much closer game, and maybe even a Loss if he was playing.

either spiller or jackson will play ..maybe both.

A few things:
  • Even if the Pats go sub .500 this season, there is no guarantees this is there is the downswing of a dynasty. There are still a lot of young and inexperienced pieces of this team that could be great. Most teams who are strong Super Bowl contenders on a regular basis like the Steelers have years where they are mediocre before they rebound back into contention. The Pats could say 8-8 this year and then win the next two Super Bowls.

• Of course it could happen. However, teams like the Steelers have been mediocre at parts of their mini-dynasty due to horrific injury issues. Aside from Hernandez, that doesn't seem to be the case as of yet. The team just hasn't been consistent offensively or defensively at any period of this season. Another game like that, especially against a team that we should beat handily, would put us at 1-3. Historically, with Belichick and Brady at the helm, that would be a position that we have hardly EVER found ourselves in even with extremely sub-par squads. If that doesn't signal the downswing of a dynasty, then I don't know what does. Let's not forget that, in your example, we would be sub-par with Brady turning another year older and closer to 40 next year.

[*]As for teams the Pats have regularly beaten during the dyanasty, that is overblown. The Pats should have lost to the Ravens in the regular season of 2009 except for a bonehead time out call by Rex Ryan. Also, teams like the Bills were horrible most of the Pats' dynasty and have gotten better.

Sorry, but the Bills are still pretty bad. It will show this year. I also know this because you've been spending the entire offseason, yourself, trying to tell everyone just how mediocre the Bills really are.

With all that said, I expect the Pats to crush the Bills, though.

Last edited:
Not worried at all. The Pats should be good and p*ssed off after last week. If that doesnt fire them up to kill the Bills, then nothing will.

Pats 42-6
:rocker:
I like the way you think

Last edited:
Of course it could happen. However, teams like the Steelers have been mediocre at parts of their mini-dynasty due to horrific injury issues. Aside from Hernandez, that doesn't seem to be the case as of yet. The team just hasn't been consistent offensively or defensively at any period of this season. Another game like that, especially against a team that we should beat handily, would put us at 1-3. Historically, with Belichick and Brady at the helm, that would be a position that we have hardly EVER found ourselves in even with extremely sub-par squads. If that doesn't signal the downswing of a dynasty, then I don't know what does. Let's not forget that, in your example, we would be sub-par with Brady turning another year older and closer to 40 next year.

Sorry, but the Bills are still pretty bad. It will show this year. I also know this because you've been spending the entire offseason, yourself, trying to tell everyone just how mediocre the Bills really are.

With all that said, I expect the Pats to crush the Bills, though.

First, the Pats have lost two games this season against what look to be two very good teams by a total of three points. In both games, the Pats could have and probably should have won. It isn't like the Pats have had a game yet where they were totally outclassed and outmatched and blown out.

Second, the Bills were pretty good last year before injuries when the Pats' lost.

Third, the 2002 team was a horrible team that still somehow got to 9-7. The defense sucked and the offense was just average.

Fourth, the Steelers' declines were not all due to injuries. They have fallen a pattern the last decade of two years as Super Bowl contenders followed by a dog year. Sometimes it was injuries. Others it was due to them needed to reload.

McCourty's stock is going down Rob...sell and sell quickly...you were warned.

Based on your posts, I wouldn't take your advice on whether it is sunny outside right now.

I guess the more apropos question is what will be your reaction to the off chance that the Pats actually lose to the lowly Bills.
To me, no matter what I may think of the Bills, if the Pats lose to them, I will probably be a bit apprehensive about the rest of the season.

On a side note, I do have a greater appreciation of what Bill O'Brien did last year, eventhough we didn't have a deep threat. Is Aaron Hernandez that critical to this offense's flow, because it seems so disjointed at times this year with him out.

-Jamman

I guess the more apropos question is what will be your reaction to the off chance that the Pats actually lose to the lowly Bills.
To me, no matter what I may think of the Bills, if the Pats lose to them, I will probably be a bit apprehensive about the rest of the season.

On a side note, I do have a greater appreciation of what Bill O'Brien did last year, eventhough we didn't have a deep threat. Is Aaron Hernandez that critical to this offense's flow, because it seems so disjointed at times this year with him out.

-Jamman

It all depends on how they lose.

As for the offense, every offense has been disjointed that played the Cards so far this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes