PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

How much of a hit has the legacy of Brady and BB taken b/o Super Bowl 42?

Status
Not open for further replies.

marcus

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
No bigger stage than SB 42

1. Brady's reputation as big money, clutch winner- I don't think he takes a hit here...because his numbers were decent, he had no protection and he engineered that late drive to put the PATS ahead. I still think he is in the top 5 quarterbacks of all time

2. BB reputation- the coaching was so abysmal and he was clearly outcoached by Coughlin and he failed to make adjustments in the second half.
I think he lost an opportunity to clearly be considered the greatest coach ever with the performance last night.

it depends...we have 2 more years to win sb's this decade...we can win both, slim chance we go 19-0....

everyone has a bad game, but i dont think this will affect their reputations that much...

1) Biggest football disappointment of all-time. (Yes, I’m ranking this above the Colts/Jets)

2) No longer Super Bowl immortals.

3) Every philosophy and saying we had this year completely thrown out the window when it mattered most.

4) Couldn't obtain the most prestigous honor in all of football, with it right in front of them. (That being, 19-0)

It certainly didn't do anything to enhance either's legacy. That was a huge choke, but I don't see Brady getting down too much.

But the truth is, he's gone down in three consecutive playoffs..each loss a little closer to the crown than the last....maybe next year he'll win another.

Its a hit but if both Brady and BB walked away from the game today they would both be in the Hall of Fame.

I don't think it will take a hit bc when this is all said and done I still see brady getting a couple more rings as well as belichick. I also firmly believe that next year they are going to come out and prepare like you've never seen them before. If they end up being in many more superbowls, this one wont be that bad.

They're both Hall of Fame locks, obviously.

But this does hurt regarding greatest of all time. For Belichick, really none of the competitiors lost a Super Bowl (Lombardi did lose one NFL title game but won 5 championships overall). Walsh never lost one.

The same for Brady. Specifically Montana never lost one of these. None of the immortals really lost a Super Bowl except to another immortal player, with the exception of Elway.

It's too bad but it's going to take IMO 2 more titles to get back to where they were on Saturday.

Well, John Elway lost a few superbowls... but he ended up one of the best.

However, it IS a huge gash on the resume.

Last edited:
It failed to go up yet higher.

They could have pulled ahead for best ever vs. Montana and Walsh. They didn't.

Biggest Choke Ever.

I completely agree with this. The Patriots had no business losing to a team like the Giants. The fact they didn't beat them handily constitutes the biggest choke ever.

1) Biggest football disappointment of all-time. (Yes, I’m ranking this above the Colts/Jets)

3) Every philosophy and saying we had this year completely thrown out the window when it mattered most.

4) Couldn't obtain the most prestigous honor in all of football, with it right in front of them. (That being, 19-0)

that's crazy

you are probably right, but we were, what, 12.5 point favors, colts were 17 point favors and rams were 14 point favors.

I think now it stings, but if everyone were to step back they'd realize this team won 18 games this season. That's a hell of an accomplishment. I'm not saying that I'm satisfied with this bc they lost the game that mattered the most, and God knows I've never felt like such **** but in retrospect over the next few years, with success they'll have a chance to surpass the greats. Gotta have more rings to do it though....

Hell, what about Marino? He's got zero rings.

John's legacy would have been great had he not won those last two SBs....and face it, he wasn't the reason they won them at that point.

Pretty much the only way the Pats can cover what they lost, is by winning more superbowls in the future.

Bottom line.

1. for me yes. but us beating the rams was a bigger upset.

2. they never were

3. not really it took 18 tries for someone to find the blueprint, kudos to the Giants for doing so

4. that was because the Giants d-line is the best in the NFL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back