PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

How much more heartbreak can we patriot fans take?

Status
Not open for further replies.
How can you say we've had it hard? So you wouldn't rather make a run at being there to at least have a shot at it all? Makes no sense why would you want to be like the bad teams in this league year on year?

It's only hard because we're close but alot of it is our own doing don't forget and also not getting the slice of luck that every team needs to win it all like say 3 fumbles all going back into the Giants hands for example.

We've got it pretty good with a QB that many say is the best ever.

Wow, some of you guys should listen to yourselves. It reflects some sort of entitlement complex or something. I'm sure this one hurts, and that's understandable, but some of the things said in this thread are not.

I'm a Bills fan. Try losing 4 Super Bowls in row...wide right. And let's not forget about the Music City Miracle...talk about losing a playoff game in a fluke, controversial crazy play at the end, only to watch that team (the Titans) advance to the Super Bowl.

Try living through 12 years of not even making the playoffs; in fact, the last time we made the playoffs was the Music City Miracle. Seven losing seasons in a row...a few years back, we started out 5-1. This year we started out 5-2. We STILL wound up with losing records those years.

On top of all that, we have to endure endless speculation of some sack-less cretin relocating our team when our 93-year-old owner dies. We have to play one of our home games in Toronto every year now. We have stadium issues. Perhaps the best Buffalo Bill in history (certainly the most famous one) killed two people, got away with it, and is currently in prison.

...I could go on. There is much more you are probably unaware of. Anyway, I'm sorry for your loss. I know what that feels like. But please save me your tale of woe. Cry me a river...the Pats made the Super Bowl every other year this decade and won three of them. The two losses were nothing to be ashamed of either, as they could have gone either way. You guys have a first-ballot Hall of Fame coach and QB.

That guy even suggesting that no team has suffered heartbreak like the Patriots needs a lobotomy or some good old-fashioned shock therapy. Guess what? I love my team just as much as you love yours.

Anyway, I hope this cheered up some of the more sensible among you.

Last edited:
Thanx Unca Meat...just so you know, Unca Joker and most of the rest of the fans here know what kind of run the past decade has been...we just have a percentage of fans that have this pathological need to complain when they don't get every single thing they want...whether it be players that COULD have been drafted or winning every Super Bowl the Pats have been in...long timers bounce back quick from a game like tonight...myself, just getting here was a shock when looking at the roster we started with

...I could go on. There is much more you are probably unaware of. Anyway, I'm sorry for your loss. I know what that feels like. But please save me your tale of woe. Cry me a river...the Pats made the Super Bowl every other year this decade and won three of them. The two losses were nothing to be ashamed of either, as they could have gone either way. You guys have a first-ballot Hall of Fame coach and QB.

That guy even suggesting that no team has suffered heartbreak like the Patriots needs a lobotomy or some good old-fashioned shock therapy. Guess what? I love my team just as much as you love yours.

Thank you for the perspective. Those of us old enough to remember Super Bowl XX and Victor Kiam certainly know about it first-hand.

Last edited:
Wow, some of you guys should listen to yourselves. It reflects some sort of entitlement complex or something. I'm sure this one hurts, and that's understandable, but some of the things said in this thread are not.

I'm a Bills fan. Try losing 4 Super Bowls in row...wide right. And let's not forget about the Music City Miracle...talk about losing a playoff game in a fluke, controversial crazy play at the end, only to watch that team (the Titans) advance to the Super Bowl.

Try living through 12 years of not even making the playoffs; in fact, the last time we made the playoffs was the Music City Miracle. Seven losing seasons in a row...a few years back, we started out 5-1. This year we started out 5-2. We STILL wound up with losing records those years.

On top of all that, we have to endure endless speculation of some sack-less cretin relocating our team when our 93-year-old owner dies. We have to play one of our home games in Toronto every year now. We have stadium issues. Perhaps the best Buffalo Bill in history (certainly the most famous one) killed two people, got away with it, and is currently in prison.

Not to mention Meat that it seemed immediately after your QB Fitz got that lucrative contract with the ink not yet dried, he faded back into looking more like AP Losman than a franchise player who you have for the next several years.

I'll tell you something else you guys may get a kick out of...

I had a parlay wager on this game. Here were my picks:
Giants +3
UNDER 55 points scored
Last score of the game will be a fieldgoal

I had the Giants and the Under wrapped up. Then came that "last score of the game will be a fieldgoal" prop. Did you see what Bradshaw did on that last TD run? Tried to stop at the goal-line and sort of fell into it? He says Eli told him not to run it in...I would have won $1,000 if that idiot did what he was told. I kid you not. I swear that I would not make this up.

He gave Brady another crack at it too...could have happened the Pats win.

Ever since 2006 we pats fans have been through soo much

2005 the mile high playoff loss
2006 the colt collapse
2007 the superbowl
2008 the loss of brady
2009 the raven massacre
2010 the defense couldn't stop a nosebleed
AND now this superbowl

I don't know how much more this we can take only to start it again next season.

Then don't. Leave. You people give new meaning to the word pathetic. Oh, and speak for yourselves, you're not part of the we...unless your talking your fellow frontrunner, bandwagon fans.

I am betting that those in here who are in such heartbreak were not even an embryo when Mark Wilson,Scott Zolak and Tony Eason were flinging the pigskin in New England,Rod Rust was Head Coach and Victor Kiam as the owner.

You want heartbreak?..... Get into a time capsule and head back to 1989-90-91 and I'll show you heartbreak like you never saw before as a fan.

Just think about what real heartbreak is.....heartbreak is knowing your team is eliminated from the playoffs year after year by mid November before the Holiday Season is even here.

Last edited:

2006 the colt collapse
2007 the superbowl
2008 the loss of brady
2009 the raven massacre
AND now this superbowl

Would you feel better if the New England Patriots posted seven consecutive 4-12 seasons?

It's not the "heartbreak" that bothers me, I feel very fortunate that my team has been so successful for the past decade. Even with the crushing losses as of late, I will never forget the 3 in 4 years.

What bothers me is the intense hatred from people towards the Patriots. It's vicious the way some people like dancing on their graves. I mean WTF is their problem? The NFL has a salary cap, it's not like they bought those championships. Is it really the spygate crap? Do they really believe all the bs on ESPN?

Or is just that most people these days are vindictive little people who hate anyone who has any kind of success? It just seems like sports brings this out in people. I think I know the answer to my own question, it just disgusts me that there are so many creeps in society today. Sports really brings out the aholes sometimes.

It's not the "heartbreak" that bothers me, I feel very fortunate that my team has been so successful for the past decade. Even with the crushing losses as of late, I will never forget the 3 in 4 years.

What bothers me is the intense hatred from people towards the Patriots. It's vicious the way some people like dancing on their graves. I mean WTF is their problem? The NFL has a salary cap, it's not like they bought those championships. Is it really the spygate crap? Do they really believe all the bs on ESPN?

Or is just that most people these days are vindictive little people who hate anyone who has any kind of success? It just seems like sports brings this out in people. I think I know the answer to my own question, it just disgusts me that there are so many creeps in society today. Sports really brings out the aholes sometimes.

People hate on success, and seeing teams wins continuously creates this atmosphere of people wanting to see other teams win + the media's portrayal of Bill as this mean-spirited and vindictive coach + Tom Terrific or Terrific Tom and his enviable life...

I find it surprising that the Steelers have such a nation wide fanbase.

Were the Dallas Cowboys and San Francisco 49ers this hated during their SB runs?

I think the Lakers suffered from the hate as well.

The only reason the Chicago Bulls weren't despised or if despised it wasn't with great hostility is because they had Michael Jordan who was probably the most popular sports figure during that time.

The San Antonio Spurs were such a boring and dull team that I don't anyone could work up enough passion to trash them.

2006 the colt collapse
2007 the superbowl
2008 the loss of brady
2009 the raven massacre
AND now this superbowl

I think we might be harassing the original poster a little too much. I think considering all those seasons heart-breaking is a stretch. Did we really believe we were a great team in 2009? That one was a stretch, the Ravens just whooped us. In 2008, we didnt even make the playoffs but the team still over-achieved without Brady.

The ones highlighted in bold above, well those I get. Sure, we did have great fortune to get to those specific points in the season, but that doesn't mean that they weren't heart-breaking. As fans, I understand that you can not win every year, but it's also matters about the manner in which you lost and who the team is that you are losing to. I would not be feeling as devastated today if we lost to the 49ers. Losing the Giants in almost deja vu fashion, however, is a kick to the groin.

I wanted this one bad.

Losing to the Giants in 2007 was splash of cold water. That loss stings, and THIS was our chance to diminish that sting. Now, instead of exercising some demons, it's like pouring salt in an open wound.

Another thing, I wanted this one bad to shut up the New Yorkers I work with. Instead, I'm going to have to go to work this morning and listen to their constant yammering.

Even other Boston fans get on my nerves too, for some reason they love to remind me that the Patriots are the Boston team with the biggest current championship drought. This would have put an end to that.

Also I'm sure others can relate to their less than stellar home lives. These are tough times these days, and I don't know about you, but the Patriots have been my release from all that. I know that every Sunday, nothing else matters. Sometimes you just want to get 'a break' in life, and I was hoping the Patriots victory would be that break.

Instead, now losing to the Giants, having to hear about from their fans, it's even tainted what hsa been my one release from doldrums of life. So in that respect, yes, I am heart-broken. Should I be? Probably not, but I am. I was extremely emotionally invested in this team, and it pains me that we lost in the fashion that we did. Not just losing, period, but losing in that fashion...to the Giants, on another crazy reception.....it's like a sick joke.

How much more can we take? its a SPORT. you win some you lose some. what about other 30 teams that sucked and the teams that didnt get in the playoffs? common.

This was not a heartbreaking loss. The previous SB loss was; this was not. Sure the Giants got lucky with the fumbles they recovered but this was not unexpected or heartbreaking.

2006 the colt collapse
2007 the superbowl
2008 the loss of brady
2009 the raven massacre
AND now this superbowl

Maybe you should root for the Browns or Redskins then...teams that are out of it by November. Then you won't experience any more heartbreak.

Personally, I'll happily take a team that is, year in and year out, one of the very best in the league (and right in the mix for the championship), and who always provides outstanding entertainment.

But hey, to each his own.

My feelings can be summarized with the following comment;

The Patriots had 12 men on the field and had a fumble recovery negated by a penalty. The Giants had 12 men on the field and lost 5 yards for a considerable time run off on the clock.

Funny how things work isn't it.

What heartbreak?

This team far far far exceeded my expectations, and there are fans of 30 other team that would gladly take our shoes.

The ending simply sucked

I am betting that those in here who are in such heartbreak were not even an embryo when Mark Wilson,Scott Zolak and Tony Eason were flinging the pigskin in New England,Rod Rust was Head Coach and Victor Kiam as the owner.

You want heartbreak?..... Get into a time capsule and head back to 1989-90-91 and I'll show you heartbreak like you never saw before as a fan.

Just think about what real heartbreak is.....heartbreak is knowing your team is eliminated from the playoffs year after year by mid November before the Holiday Season is even here.

Anyone who got through the 1990's and is still a Patriots fan knows that we've had pretty good fortune the last decade or so.

I just wish it wasn't ****face holding up the trophy. That one is going to be hard to live with.

This was not a heartbreaking loss. The previous SB loss was; this was not. Sure the Giants got lucky with the fumbles they recovered but this was not unexpected or heartbreaking.

I guess this is what they call "getting used to it" now that we have lost 2 SB to Giants, we are getting used to it and it is not hurting so much.

Surprisingly, my mood is much better than expected this morning but still unstable though ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Back