Welcome to PatsFans.com

How much longer in the Brady era?

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by PATSNUTme, Jul 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PATRIOT64

PATRIOT64 Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

I think the longevity of Brady's career may actually depend on IF he marries Gisele and has a few kids down the line - If say if he has 3 kids by his 35th birthday I think its a no brainer he hangs it up to spend time with them.

Despite what the media thinks of Tom and his women I think he would be more than just an average father and would want to have plenty of time to enjoy them while they are young - (Hell he has enough money to put 10 kids through law school right now).

Overall,Possibility of his future children (if it happens) may be the factor in how long he plays.
  2. Raffy15

Raffy15 Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

seriously man? isn't that what the offseason is for (family time)? 35 seems like quite a young age to retire.
  3. signbabybrady

signbabybrady On the Roster

Ratings:
    +175 / 1 / -1

#24 Jersey

Than you are saying we should be nervous now.....He already has a child that I am sure he wants to spend more time with.
  4. ctpatsfan77

ctpatsfan77 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +600 / 11 / -6

Um . . . I thought about half the Pats have kids. . . . :confused:
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2008
  5. Raffy15

Raffy15 Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

do you think brady could win another mvp? also, kids will have no impact on retirement.
  6. PATRIOT64

PATRIOT64 Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

I don't know Tom personally and I have no idea if kids would be a reason to settle down and retire but every guy is different,Some players I know have done this very thing (I can't remember some of them off hand at this very minute but I know for a fact there are some great athletes who did and when I do remember I will respond)

I think Tom would feel 35 is a good age to retire and spend all year round with a family and financially be well off to do so - Its not like he will ever need another job if he spends his mega millions of dollars wisely.

It also may reflect on his love for the game in 4 years,Love for the game of football like anything else a person in life loves, can change at any time.

As far as his recent child its not by a woman he is with anymore so he could only see that child once in a while anyway,I am referring to a woman whose child is his and he is married to or courting her at the time.
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2008
  7. JSn

JSn Rookie

Ratings:
    +33 / 0 / -0

Is this conversation real?

Doesn't Tom live like three hours from work in car? Seriously, musicians tour, actors spend long times on locations and athletes are away from home like... what, 8-12 weeks of the year?

And like anyone else, you can live as close to work as you like. Honestly, this seems to be a non-factor.

Everyone has a job, football is his and his work ethic is solid. I'm sure if his kids want to sell cars or paint fences or act, he's going to teach them solid work ethic. Sitting back at 35 to do nothing, especially if he's full of health and ball magic, seems VERY unlikely.

/ramble
  8. ScottieC

ScottieC Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Huh? Kids?

John Edaward Thomas Moynahan...ring a bell?
  9. ScottieC

ScottieC Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Yes. With Moss, Welker and his ability, absolutely yes he could win another.

Kids will have no impact on his retirement. IMO.
  10. ScottieC

ScottieC Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Unfortunately, yes it's all to real.

No, he does not live 3 hours from Foxboro unless he's in NY at Giselle's Casa.
  11. Sivy

Sivy Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

crazy, but impossible? I dont think so.
  12. PATRIOT64

PATRIOT64 Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

If you read my follow up I said something like this..IF HE IS WITH OR MARRIED TO A WOMAN WHO HAS HIS CHILD - Bridget is no longer affiliated with Brady but only by child which HE IS NOT LIVING WITH.

Of course he cannot just retire to spend time with a child who he most likely will see little time with anyway,Its about having a child in an ongoing relationship which of course he would see much more often.

I cannot say it any more clearer than that.
  13. Raffy15

Raffy15 Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

so, you guys got brady down for another mvp?
  14. AndyJohnson

AndyJohnson PatsFans.com Veteran PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +663 / 21 / -26

The Tom Brady I hear talking sounds like he loves football more than those guys too. What makes you think that Brady wants what comes after football any more or less than Manning or Favre?
    I think Brady has a minimum of 7 more NFL seasons to play, and would not be shocked if he did play 9-10 more.
    I think the entire issue comes down to whether or not he is healthy, because injuries also prevent an aging player from playing at the same level.
  15. JoeSixPat

JoeSixPat Rookie

Ratings:
    +83 / 2 / -2

You know on second thought, we shouldn't assume he wont walk away after winning the Super Bowl this season.

I say we bring in Brett Favre as insurance to be our starter next season.
    • Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2008
  16. ctpatsfan77

ctpatsfan77 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +600 / 11 / -6

That might be the greatest event in the history of sports. If that happened, the head of every football "pundit" in the US would simultaneously implode. :)
  17. ScottieC

ScottieC Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Dude. Yes. Count on it.
  18. ScottieC

ScottieC Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Yea, I read your follow up, but my post was not about your follow up - I don't have the time to read thru an entire Thread and THEN make comments - Taking everyone's corrections into account before I post.

"I cannot say it any more clearer than that."

Clearly you could have.

Where do you read/know Tom will see little of his child anyway? Or are you refeering to the obvious fact that he works on the East Coast for half the year.

I'd take this into consideration before you write stuff like that:

http://justjared.buzznet.com/2008/06/20/tom-brady-moving-los-angeles/
  19. ScottieC

ScottieC Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Lets hope he plays at a high level for a long long time. :)
  20. Rob0729

Rob0729 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,267 / 13 / -5

Brady doesn't need to rely on his speed or armstrength to be successful. Because of that, there is no reason to believe that he cannot be a top tier QB into his late 30s. Brady could very well have a John Elway type of career and still be one of the top QBs in the sport at age 38 or 39. I say Brady has 5-7 more years.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.