• Other---Put it in a Post!!!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gopats!!!

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
OK, branch may be traded. What is the minimum he should be traded for?

Keep in mind that if branch still doesn't want to play for the Pats after this season, we will have to franchise him or let him go.

If we franchise him next season and trade him I think we are in a weaker postition than we are now, and will not get as much.

However, we get more time to deal with our lack of above average WR.

I say if branch is half as good as he thinks, we should get a first for him, or maybe a second and swap places in the first (like denver did with wash).

Absolutely more than just a second, for all the hassle branch has caused.

One other thing - Maybe allowing branch to seek a trade is part of a deal between branch and the Pats.

Maybe his agent said let us seek a trade, if we don't get one we will play out the season. Who knows:confused:

Ashley Lelie, who is one 4th the player Deion is brought a third.
Honetsly, he should bring a minimum of a high 2nd or low first.

Sttill think it is better to promise not to franchise and have him come in and get one monster`year out of him.

I don't think he's worth any more than Three fitty. Thats right. Three Fitty.

In all seriousness, I think he's worth a first round pick. He's a proven #1 receiver who shows up in the big game. EOS.

1st rounder, or a second day pick and another player.

A starting quality receiver and a 3-4 rounder, at least.

Depends. Would the team have only 1 year of control over him? Or would they agree to an extension before the trade?

I never thought I'd say it, but I would be 100% OK with the Pats trading Branch at this point b/c of the way he has acted.

That said...I think the Pats are only doing this so that Branch will see that on the free market, he's not worth nearly what he thinks he's worth.

i would have taken Lelie and a draft pick for him, but now Lelie is with the Falcons

Another player

anyone in here who thinks we could get a first rounder for him obviously doesnt know how nfl trades work

we'd get a second rounder for him or a player and a second day pick for him

NO WAY would we ever get a first rder for him

LB Lance Briggs and a second day pick.

A superbowl mvp and close to a 1000 yd receiver?

1st round pick or a 2nd pick and a serviceable player, preferrably a wr, lb or db.

patsfan55 said:
I think you are right, but I think Deion believes otherwise.

He thinks he is worth beign paid as one of the top players in the NFL. The problem is. If that were true, he'd get a first easily. Heck, Peerless Price got a first!

The problem is that only three people think he is worth that much money: Deion, his agent, and Bob's My Uncle :D

Unfortunately, none of them are owners.

Branch is a great player who gets better each year. He's fast, he's agile, he runs his routes, and he gives his all. I think it's crazy this situation hasn't yet been resolved. There are not that many really good receivers in the entire league. At this point, he's worth a lot more to the Pats than any first rounder. Since our secondary is not likely to be our strong suit this year, we should be building up our O to take full advantage of Brady's talents.

Patters said:
Branch is a great player who gets better each year. He's fast, he's agile, he runs his routes, and he gives his all. I think it's crazy this situation hasn't yet been resolved. There are not that many really good receivers in the entire league. At this point, he's worth a lot more to the Pats than any first rounder. Since our secondary is not likely to be our strong suit this year, we should be building up our O to take full advantage of Brady's talents.

The worse thing than could make today the Pats would be to let march to Deion Branch, I don't have doubt.

patsfan55 said:
we'd get a second rounder for him or a player and a second day pick for him

I would agree.

I think a lot of GM's out there would say that he's undersized compared to the top WR's in the league and not worth a 1st round pick.

There is a good chance that he will look around and find that Brady and Co. is the place to be.

We can only hope................

FloridaPatsFan said:
I would agree.

I think a lot of GM's out there would say that he's undersized compared to the top WR's in the league and not worth a 1st round pick.

There is a good chance that he will look around and find that Brady and Co. is the place to be.

We can only hope................

the only players that can get first rounders are qbs or really really great players, im talkin hall of fame players

I just found this article. It says that "according to various league sources the Patriots will be looking for at least a first-round pick in compensation should they choose to deal Branch."
http://patriots.scout.com/2/560954.html
It's near the end of the article, 3rd to last paragraph.

It'll be funny to see.
He wants to be paid like a number 1 receiver but, If he gets an offer his agent will point out he was a 2nd round pick.
So compensation sholud only be a 2nd.
His agent has really screwed Branch,However this works out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes