PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

How much interest in Moss if he gets released? (article link)

Status
Not open for further replies.

EvilOtto

Rookie
Reaction score
On Rotoworld in related Pats news:

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/clubhouse_relatednews.aspx?sport=NFL&majteam=NE

Here's the link to the article

http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=575525

The article speculates that the Packers might be waiting to see if Moss will be released before the season rather than make a trade. While I strongly doubt Al Davis will cut Moss outright, with the chance it's possible if the Raiders select Calvin Johnson with the 1st pick, how much interest would you have of signing Moss as a free agent (if so, how much would be your limit)?

Last edited:
If Moss is released, which I highly doubt, I think the Pats would be major players if Stallworth doesn't sign. If teams are smart, they shouldn't trade for Randy Moss and leave a big decision to Al Davis to eithe pay him his big bonus for this year or terminate his contract.

I hope the Packers are stupid enough to work out a deal with "da raiders"-that way we can all forget about the ugliness of Moss in our locker room!!!!!

I think the Pats would be very interested in Moss if he were released, but so would other teams that are not interested in a trade scenario, and the deal we would offer would not be as lucrative as others and I doubt he would come here.

I'm Surprised Jerry Jones isn't Gunning For Moss.

He always Regreted not taking Moss in the First Round, When they took Greg Ellis with the 9th Pick.

The pats took Tebucky with the pick right after moss, and three picks before we got Robert Edwards, But even if we took Moss We Probably would have cut him loose by now.

Anyways the pats should pursue Randy even if costs a high draft pick.

What sort of contract does a possibly washed-up malcontent fetch on the open market?

I'm Surprised Jerry Jones isn't Gunning For Moss.

Now there's a wide receiver duo that would be the envy of every nfl team--Randy Moss and T.O. What a harmonious locker room that would be.

moss isnt coming to the patriots, no way no how. He doesnt have a fraction of the skill he had in Minn. anyway..I dont know if hes lost it, if wear and tear is beggining to show or what. All signs likely point that he is just like most americans..doing it for the check, and half as*ing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots