PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

How much does this SB loss damage Peyton Manning's legacy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VJCPatriot

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
To me Peyton is a great regular season QB who puts up great video game numbers. But put him in the postseason, in the BIG GAME and he just appears to choke. If I want to win in the playoffs there are a LOT of guys I'd pick ahead of Peyton Manning right now.

IMO Peyton is going to own a lot of records when all is said and done. But if this is going to continue to be his pattern - come up small when all the marbles are on the line. Well you've got to think this damages his legacy and confidence in him getting the job done going forward.

Final Score - Seahawks 43 Bronocos 8

Peyton - 34/49 280 yards 1 TD 2 INT

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/gameTrax?gameId=20140202007

Losing to the Saints was bad for Peyton but at least that was a close game.
In this game, Peyton didn't look like he could get the job done AT ALL!

what legacy?

what IS this "legacy" thing you speak of??

If he would have won, it would have changed a lot! I think this loss doesn't change much in the eyes of most. Some will still think he is a god among qb's. Others will still think he just underperforms in big games and in playoffs.

L73B9Sh.jpg

I'm not sure about you guys but...I can't believe I'm saying this. I actually feel a bit sorry for Peyton. The look on his face toward the end of the game, it just made me feel sorry for him.

I'm not sure about you guys but...I can't believe I'm saying this. I actually feel a bit sorry for Peyton. The look on his face toward the end of the game, it just made me feel sorry for him.

It's just a game. Don't feel sorry for him, he's got plenty of money and fame and he didn't get hurt.

Major missed opportunity for Peyton, because winning this Super Bowl would have altered his legacy considerably. Winning 2 titles with 2 different teams is an incredible feat that never has been accomplished---Warner came close, Montana made a nice run with KC too, but none of those guys lit up teams like Manning did. Plus he could have retired on top like Elway.

It doesn't damage his legacy it confirms it.

Everything went right for him this season and he still couldn't win another championship without his Defense carrying him.

Manning is a super player and I have marvelled at his exploits but he isn't in the same stratosphere as our guy.

yeah, well if the queen had balls she'd be the king...the FACT is he didn't win anything tonight. The FACT is he managed to lead his team to one of the WORST losses in big game history...reminiscent of the 20-3 decapitation and destruction he took at the hands of the Patriots that made Polian go on a 4 year point of emphasis and rule change jihad so precious Forehead could be a real weeeeee-uner.

it is what it is...........

Well at least Manning has one thing going for him. Nobody is telling him that he can't win in the cold.

the only legacy I can find is Kent Dorfman from Animal House....

3916284_std.jpg

I read tonight that Manning managed to complete a Super Bowl record 34 passes.

Say what?? He was invisible to me this game except when he threw to the Seahawks. How can this game be a record?

I just wondered whether Elway, after he accepted victory was out of the question for the Donkeys, thought "if only Manning loses by more than 45 points, then my name comes off the worst loss in Super Bowl history."

Hard to knock Peyton. He is just a game manager.

If he would have won, it would have changed a lot! I think this loss doesn't change much in the eyes of most. Some will still think he is a god among qb's. Others will still think he just underperforms in big games and in playoffs.

I don't think it hurts ... but he could have helped it and he's running out of chances.

It definitely cements his legacy as the biggest choker.

After tonight, one thing is clear : Brady > Manning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing