PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

how much deflate gate are we going to hear tonight?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chasa

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
Steelers, vikings, preseason football on primetime on nbc.

Do you think the announcers are going to bring it up?

framegate all night long baby! all night long! Brady is guilty! Belichick is part of the conspiracy and Krafty and Goodell sword fight in the bathhouses.

Zero. I only watch Patriots' preseason games. Michaels and Collinsworth can jizz all over themselves and I won't be subject to any of it. :)

I was actually wondering what the over/under on the first deflategate mention will be. I could see something in the first 2 minutes. Something like "time to set aside all the talk of PSI and focus on the games!"

The clock starts at 8:00 PM. I will post the results here. :D

I was actually wondering what the over/under on the first deflategate mention will be. I could see something in the first 2 minutes. Something like "time to set aside all the talk of PSI and focus on the games!"

I'm calling it at 3 minutes, 59 seconds past the hour!!!

Al Michaels: "How's that for an offseason? You didn't miss a thing if you watched CourTV."

Well a lot of Squealers won't be playing but I will watch some to see if the scheme changes with LeBeau gone.

I'm calling it at 3 minutes, 59 seconds past the hour!!!

Al Michaels: "How's that for an offseason? You didn't miss a thing if you watched CourTV."

I think it took that long just to announce all the hall of famers inductees lol :p

Sadly Big Brother is much more interesting.

There shouldn't even be a game. Da Fuhrer should have a podium on the 50 and give a lecture on integrity to all present.

Then directly after that there will be an effigy of Tom burned on the steps of the HOF.

I think it took that long just to announce all the hall of famers inductees lol :p
Exactly. It was literally the first thing he said when the camera went from the men on the field up to Al in the booth. :D

I wonder if NBC will be giving Florio some time at half. Would love to see him make some points that he has made on his website.

I actually doubt there will be too much. Maybe some pregame. But I think at this point, they're getting the feeling that attracting attention to it may not be the wisest plan.

Didn't know a game was on. Now that I do, I still will not watch it. I have zero interest. Oh look I won't hear any gate talk, good for me :D

Well, at 12:30 in the second quarter, they brought it up. Stayed neutral for the most part.

In the promo for the Season Opener, no shot of Brady in the vid.

When the promo ended they expressed shock that this went on this long pretty neutral, brought up new ball handling procedure. Callings worth opined that we can see effect of the IGL this season.

For those not watching, they spent about 5 minutes at the start of the 2nd quarter talking about it. When they promote the NBC telecast coming up September 10, it is a natural segue. Notable comments:

Collinsworth: Mike Tomlin has it right 'I can't believe we're bringing last year's baggage into this year's season' but what's the compromise here? Either Tom Brady cheated, or the league has falsely suspended one of the greatest icons in the game, and is there something in between that? I don't know that there is .... It is a very difficult point in the league history right now and unfortunately it is taking away some of the enthusiasm for the upcoming season .... The are probably going to, for the first time, have some real evidence of what happens to footballs after one half of play.

They also listed the ball handling procedure changes.

I watched it long enough to say "Look guys, thats the field my race ended on" to my sons (I ran the HoF Half Marathon in April) and then we went about our night. F*** non Patriots football until Brady is reinstated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes