Welcome to PatsFans.com

How much can you trust NEPatriotsDraft after last year?

Discussion in 'Patriots Draft Talk' started by MrNathanDrake, Apr 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MrNathanDrake

MrNathanDrake On the Roster

Ratings:
    +334 / 14 / -13

#95 Jersey

I only bring this up because I always see them Advertising on this forum.

I have no grudge or ill will towards them. But I was visiting their page and just wondered, how can anyone have any faith in their credibility after the terribly inaccurate big board they put out last year?

2011 NFL Draft: Big Board | NEPatriotsDraft.com - 2012 NFL Draft

While it's only been 1 year, and a lot of these are too early to call. We can easily see some MASSIVE errors. Everyone makes mistakes and no one is perfect, but these are huge errors in judgement that make me question their credibility as a legitimate website. If they were real scouts/analysts, they'd be fired by now.

-Cam Newton not even ranked in the Top 10, and not even ranked as the #1 QB. Blaine Gabbert is ranked ahead of Cam. Horrible analysis of the most popular player in last years draft.

-DaQuan Bowers and Fairley ahead of JJ Watt. Watt is a future pro bowler.

-Bowers and Robert Quinn ahead of Aldon Smith. Laughable. Aldon had the best rookie season for a pass rusher in a long long time.

-Andy Dalton ranked #77. Wayyyyyy too low. Looks like a solid QB so far.

-Jabaal Sheard and Ryan Kerrigan ranked way too low.

-Von Miller ranked #23. They went against every other analyst with that prediction and it was 100% wrong. Miller has turned out exactly how he was projected to as the 2nd pick overall.

I have nothing against the site, but I can't take them serious anymore. It is what it is.
  2. NePatriots

NePatriots PatsFans.com Draftnik PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Cherry-pick much?

Find me a scout / site that hasn't made errors and I'll show you a coward.

I had Smith higher than pretty much anyone else out there... was one of my favorite prospects.

Loved Watt as well.

Was not a huge fan of Newton, and that was a big miss. Certainly wasn't alone there.

Missed on Gabbert so far, but it is tough to say with the terrible WR corps he had.

Still not a huge fan of Von Miller, he played exactly like I thought he would.

----

Also the same Top-100 board that you are bashing was the #1 ranked board on the internet.

THE HUDDLE REPORT -  NFL DRAFT

No hard feeling to you MrNathanDrake, you're entitled to your opinion.
  3. Wilfork#75

Wilfork#75 Rookie

Ratings:
    +91 / 5 / -1

#75 Jersey

First, I wouldn't say they are advertising, they are valued contributors to this forum. They add a lot here and I have a a great deal of faith in them. I may not always agree with some of their evaluations, but I can always trust that it is their own evaluations and their is no ulterior motive behind it.

Second, what you posted is a big board and not a mock draft, so you can't really compare it to where guys were drafted because that is not its purpose. And after 1 season I don't think you can really make any evaluations about the accuracy of it because its far too early. Hindsight is 20-20, so I don't think its fair to criticize someone after the fact. Sure they may have missed on some guys, but go and look at any expert big board and you will find exactly the same thing. That's what is great about the draft, its such an unpredictable and dynamic environment.
  4. MrNathanDrake

MrNathanDrake On the Roster

Ratings:
    +334 / 14 / -13

#95 Jersey

It's not cherry picking. They missed on some of the best players in the entire draft.

Sure there are errors here and there. A JaMarcus Russell here and there. But most Big Boards don't miss on so many prospects and rank the best players far lower than they should be ranked.
    If a GM were to listen to your big board, they would've taken Cameron Jordan, Nick Fairley, and DaQuan Bowers before Aldon Smith or JJ Watt. We can let Fairley slide since he was injured, but the other two are laughable.

Big time MISS.

Big time MISS.

Played like you thought he would? Excuse me... but he was a Pro Bowler and had more sacks than any player on our team last year... as a Rookie!

Never heard of that site before. Obviously they were wrong ranking your big board so high.
  5. Wilfork#75

Wilfork#75 Rookie

Ratings:
    +91 / 5 / -1

#75 Jersey

Its been 1 season, how much can you really say about a draft class? Nobody predicted Newton to be as good as he was and nobody predicted Gabbertt to be as bad as he was. Nick Fairley and Da'Quan Bowers were clearly the superior prospects at draft time, but Fairley dropped because of character concerns and Bowers dropped because of medical issues. In 3 years time we will see who the best players are. Right now its far too early to make any determinations about that draft.
  6. NePatriots

NePatriots PatsFans.com Draftnik PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

1. I am sorry that I do not own a crystal ball. I'm sure the NFL would be interested in yours.

2. DaQuan Bowers was injured as well. Watt certainly performed better than Jordan.

3. Miller had a very productive start to the season, especially against some iffy teams. I said he would be a phenomenal situational pass-rusher and not a stout OLB in a 3-4 or 4-3 scheme. I stand by that evaluation.

4. I assure you that they are correct. I was correct on 84 of the top 100 picks. Only Bob McGinn of the MSJ did better. It's just one measure, but if I am as bad as you say I am, look at all those other sites and evaluators below me (Mike Mayock, Rick Gosselin, Mel Kiper Jr., etc...). Not saying I'm better than they are, just pointing out your flawed logic.
  7. s3antana5757

s3antana5757 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

That line bothers me.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/bl...-of-the-season-miller-much-more-than-the-roy/

Von Miller(and I can't find the exact article) was in the top 5 in run defense, top 5 in pass rushing, and #1 in coverage as a LB this past season. Kid is phenomenal, and is going to continue to be for a very, very long time. If by you played like he thought he would, you meant top 5 or 10 LB already in the NFL, then you were spot on. But since you had him near 50 in your rankings, I'm thinking that that was not quite what you had in mind.
  8. AndyJohnson

AndyJohnson PatsFans.com Veteran PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +581 / 20 / -14

Profootballlfocus is a poor source to use to rate a player.
  9. manxman2601

manxman2601 On the Roster

Ratings:
    +488 / 7 / -2

#24 Jersey

Gosselin is seen as one of the best. He too had Fairley above Watt and Quinn above Aldon Smith. I think MrNathanDrake isn't going to find too many reliable sources if even Gosselin is a let down to him.

Update: Mike Mayock had Gabbert ahead of Newton, Fairley ahead of Watt and both Bowers and Quinn ahead of Smith.

I'm pleased by this thread and process. We're doing a public service by highlighting pundits that Mr Drake can disregard. That's Mayock and Gosselin (two of the best) off the list along with NEPD.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.