• 1100 yards

Votes: 28 31.5%
  • 1200 Yards

Votes: 26 29.2%
  • 1300 Yards

Votes: 10 11.2%
  • 1400 Yards

Votes: 7 7.9%
  • Over 1500 Yards ( And a Pro-Bowl Selection)

Votes: 5 5.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

brady199

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
I Think Maroney is good for 1200 yards in 07.

I think he has the potential for 1500+ but you know BB isn't going to run any of his players into the ground.

04 with Dillion was because we didn't have another legitimate option.

I Think Morris will get 500+ Yards.

Maroney with 1200 and Morris with 500 is an awful lot. I'll say Maroney gets 1100.

Oddly enough, I predicted 750 yards and 5 TD's for Maroney in 2006, he wound up with 747 and 6 TD's. If only I could predict the lottery numbers as well, lol. I wish I could find my thread from prior to the season, but I think it may be gone. Anyway, I predict 1100 yards and 10 TD's IF, and that's a big IF, the Pats either get better run blocking, or change to the zone blocking scheme. They go to zone blocking, and Maroney becomes a star.

Is this including the Superbowl?

Maroney and Dillion almost had 1600 combined yards last year.

1700 yards isn't a stretch considering, Maroney will have more touches and more chances to break off big chunks of yards, also i think Morris is more explosive than Dillion.

And hopefully our new wr's open up the running game.

said it before and ill say it again Maroney is good for 1200 - 1400 yards plus another 200 in the air

Are we talking total yards or rushing yards?

rushing yards

I'm going with 1300 yards. Maybe a hair under since he is splitting some with Morris. Maroney looks like a young Curtis Martin to me. He has deceptive speed with the way he stride too. What he needs to work on is not dancing around as much. If he can return to being a 1 cut and go back that I've seen him be in his college highlights he could really be dangerous next year.

Isn't that asking alot out of a guy whose only in his second year? I wasn't impressed with his second half last year... Towards the end it almost seemed like he was intimaded, and he wasn't punching through holes like he was at the beginning of the year... Granted, he was out like 3 games or so, maybe he was playing hurt there towards the end of the year... I'm not much into stats, but I'm willing to bet he got the majority of his yards the first half of the year. With that said, I think he has potential for 1100 yards and that's how I voted...

Maroney has much more Power Than Curtis ever had.

Maroney will run for 1500+ and 15 TDs. He will embarrass everyone who doubted him.

I said 1200, including recieving yards. Maybe some more, but I think 1200 is a safe bet.

I'm going with 1300 yards. Maybe a hair under since he is splitting some with Morris. Maroney looks like a young Curtis Martin to me. He has deceptive speed with the way he stride too. What he needs to work on is not dancing around as much. If he can return to being a 1 cut and go back that I've seen him be in his college highlights he could really be dangerous next year.

Maroney's college tape actually reminded me of Priest Holmes more than anyone else.

I think that we will just have to wait until the season starts although I do think he will have a better year than he did last year our receiving options are more of a threat so defenses can't stack the box to pressure TB and him.

Maroney has much more Power Than Curtis ever had.

Wow...I get a totally different impression after watching him repeatedly get stuffed behind the line of scrimmage during the last half of the season. Martin always seemed to gain positive yardage and rarely went down on first contact. He was a lot like Emmit Smith in that regard.

Moroney is unreal in the open field, the problem seems to be him getting there. Of course his scouting reports mentioned upright running style and aversion to contact as dings. I hope he will learned to settle for 1 or 2 yards if the home run isn't there.

Anything more than 1400, and I will be very happy.

Anything less than 1000, and I will be wondering why.

Anything in between, and I will expect it(barring injuries).

I would real happy for 1200 yards...Like too see 1500 plus:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing